❝ teaser #2

❝ キセキの世代 - generation of miracles ; revealing characters
TEASER 2
Never had the court been as deserted as it was right now. Who would have thought Dakyung Middle School's basketball court would be so empty that one could hear a pen drop. Everyone had grown so accustom to the gym being filled with players, fans, chants, cheers of how Dakyung was the best, how they were miracles.
 
"It's eerily quiet, isn't it?" The female who was known as Dakyung's best shooter had asked. Her footsteps echoed throughout the gymnasium as her hands were hasily tucked away into her sweater pockets. He eyes flickered towards the stands, where another girl had been sitting in silence.
 
"How did you know I was here?" The other questioned, lifting her head to meet the eyes of her now ex-teammate. The captain and the best shooter watched one another carefully. Even though they were once teammates doesn't mean they always got along.
 
"I didn't. I came here on my own." The best shooter replied, tearing her gaze from her former captain. "It just seems so right." She continued on, taking a few more steps until she was directly under the hoop. She reached up, as if trying to catch something before her face fell into a frown.
 
"What are you two doing here?" Another female entered the gym. There are no doubt she was arguably the most beautiful out of the so-called Generation of Miracles. "We just graduated from middle school. You two should be out celebrating with family and friends." The model-like female cheered a little too happily, "well, with family for you two." She finished off with a little sass before crossing her arms and gazing out at the gym. Even though she was smiling, she knew she would miss this gym as much as anyone else.
 
"Why is everybody getting so sentimental?" A bigger female came up behind the model and brushed past her without saying anything. "It's just a gym." The ace of Dakyung nonchalantly said.
 
"You say that, yet you were drawn here too." The best shooter replied in a monotone - clearly not amused by how the ace was trying her best to act as if she didn't care.
 
"That's right, that's right! Quit trying to act like you're better than us." The model rose her voice slightly as if she were purposely trying to get on the ace's nerves. She sneered as the ace took notice.
 
"Shut up; soon you'll be old and wrinkly and no on will like your appearence anymore." The ace retorted with a rival grin of her own. The model huffed up and opened to speak before she became startled once more.
 
"What's all the noise about?" Hyojin asked with a bored expression. Her eyes flinted from the model to the ace as she picked up on what was going on. Her expression remained the same as she leaned against the wall by the door and crossed her arms coolly. 
 
"We're all here, huh." The captain finally spoke up. All the girls straightened up as their eyes turned up towards their ex-captain. "We're no longer teammates, yet we returned to the place where we once were. With graduation past, we're through with this place, we're all moving on - moving on to different schools."
 
Hyojin narrowed her eyes at the captain, wondering what her ex-captain was trying to get at. She didn't plan to return to the court only to be lectured about something she already knew.
 
"Since we're all going our seperate ways, it's only natural for our talents to outshine others. I've said this before and I'll say it again, once we leave this gym, we'll all become rivals - we'll all be fighting each other to see which of us 'prodigies' is the best." The captain said rather coldly as she smiled a smile that was far from friendly.
 
The other girls all exchanged glances of one another, sizing the others up, remembering their weaknesses, and igniting the determination in their hearts. They all wanted to be the best.
 
AUTHOR'SNOTE
welp, here was teaser # 2! i know this teasers was short, but you get the idea of the girls, don't you? of course this is the last meeting of all the girls before they officially start high school. we're still anxiously awaiting more applicants c: anywho, thanks for your continued support of this fic!
-moonlightviolet