Teaser #02

Scarred Souls ☠ 「New YG Group, Apply Open! 」

Gah.

Jin Ae threw herself onto her bed, after a long day of practice. She looked over at the clock on her bedside table. 2.33am, it blinked at her. She did not bother to change into her pyjamas, and closed her eyes, trying very hard to drift off to dreamland.

But no, she couldn't sleep. There were too much things running through her mind right now.

It was only less than one month away to their debut stage, and they are already working hard to practise their songs. They sounded really awesome and mind blowing, she thought and smiled. Also, she amazingly managed to get along with all the other members. Even though it was awkward at first, looking at one another everyday at practice made it impossible to not talk. Maybe it was because of their same backgrounds, that bonded them together.

Appa, umma, I really miss you, she thought.

Even though Jin Ae's parents abandoned her when she was only five, she still remembered that scene very vividly in her mind. How they abandoned, how they lied to her, how that incident changed her way of thinking, changed her life.

"Jin Ae ah, appa and umma are going to go to the toilet, so just stay here quietly and don't run away okay? Take care of your brothers", Jin Ae's father bent down to be on the same level as her. His eyes were slightly wet with tears.

"Appa, you crying?" Jin Ae touched the skin below her father's eyes gently, wiping away some of the tears that overflowed.

"Ahh, silly girl, something just got into my eye." He blinked a few times, slightly smiled, and stood up again.

Suddenly, her mother handed over three large lollipops to the three siblings. They were blue, red, yellow, green. Whole lots of colours, which definitely appealed to them very much. Their eyes lit up as they reached for the candy in front of them. They opened the wrapping immediately, and put it into their mouths without hesitation.

"I love you," their mother whispered to all of them before giving them a kiss each on their left cheek.

They nodded, still on their treat gleefully. Jin Ae's other hand was still holding to her brother, while her other brother was tugging on the end of her ragged red sweater.

They didn't know. She was only five, who would have suspected anything what would happen?

Jin Ae opened the drawer next to her bed, and took out a long piece of pink ribbon. She stared at it for a very long time, observing the little details of the ribbon she had already saw so many times, yet still find it interesting.

It was translucent, baby pink in colour. Made of chiffon, she wrapped it around her index finger. There were tiny hearts of a darker shade on it. It might seem like an ordinary ribbon to anyone, but it was special to Jin Ae. This ribbon was the one tying the wrapper of the lollipop.

The lollipop, the last thing that her parents left to her before they disappeared out of her life.

Probably she cried too many times, there were no more tears left. Jin Ae kept the ribbon quietly back into the drawer, feeling especially emotional. But she couldn't hate them, she could not bring herself to. After all, if they didn't abandon her, she wouldn't be here today, at YG Entertainment, worrying about her debut stage.

Her mind suddenly changed to thinking about debuting. What if no one liked them? What if they gained antis? What if they were not that good? What if the screw up on their performance?

There were so many what ifs, that it was making Jin Ae dizzy and drowsy. She finally drifted off to dreamland, with the last possibility on her mind.

What if my appa and umma find me?

 


Okay another teaser! C: I just realised there is a spelling mistake on the allkpop edit, so pardon me! I'm kinda lazy to re edit it again so yeah, how's the teaser? :o