> He who Promised

Another Him

After some discussion with JB, Minhee finally decided to dive in Sewol shipwreck locations after weeks and weeks of swimming and diving lesson given by JB.
"Are you ready?" JB asked Minhee to prepare a breathing tube, "I'm going to dive a few meters from where’d you go. If there’s something like a cramp happen or you see a wild animals who seems threatening, waving your hand over the surface of the water arasseo? "
Minhee show her thumbs up and at a moment he look into her eyes, "Please be careful, you have to get back here so dont you ever thinking about stupid things like suicide or removing the gas tube because ... I wont let you go away from my life, keep in mind that good either." Says JB

“It up to me to do those things or not~” says Minhee joking, “Why wont you let me go from your live?”

“Because..... it seems that i started to like you.” Said JB nervously, “Ani... aniiya... probably more worse, maybe because im... im... im in love with you!”

JB’s sudden confession makes Minhee’s heart pounding uncontrollably. “Im going now...” she said
Minhee finally got off the ship and began to dive deeper, the sea were empty and suddenly she heard a voice from the 5-feet depth under.

"Minhee-ya ..... you look sad and unhappy, why?"

"Youngjae-ah .... Are you there? " Minhee’s mind talking then she dives deeper and .... she saw a white skin that she missed so much ...... white skin of Youngjae shimmering the ocean. Minhee’s eyes widened and her breath getting shrtened, somehow Youngjae’s figure becomes more real in front of her.
"Yeobo ..... dont worry about me, dont be sad anymore." Says Youngjae with a sad smile, "You’re changed a lot, becomes more thin and sad all the time. where are the rigid and strong Yoon Minhee?"
Minhee shook his head slowly, she tried touching Youngjae’s figure that turns transparent. "I am not as strong as you can imagine, I am devastated when remembering you who I couldn’t see again forever. I passed the hardest 3 years but in the end I couldn’t get away from your shadow yeobo .."
"You can... because youre tough and strong girl I ever know." Youngjae’s eye staring at Minhee, "You already know Jaebum right? He was my best friend during our cruise to Jeju, I entrust that ring to him....."
"Maldo Andwae ... so it was a real story?" Minhee crumple her eyebrows in disbelief, "So JB never lie to me? ...... Wae? Why'd you leave the ring to him?"
Youngjae’s figure slowly away with a smile,
"Because I trust him and he’s like another me... I believe he will love you and taking care of you like i used to. So have a happy life yeobo, haengbokhae ..... "

***

"Minhee-sshi!"
That yeoja awakened when heaed a screams from JB’s mouth, "Em.... where am I?"
"Your body keeps drowning in the sea,  I thought you're panicking or experiencing cramps then I immediately get you out of the sea," says JB, “Are you asleep while diving? Huh come on ... that’s ridiculous and make me out of my breath."
Minhee rubbed her eye while looking around, this place is the tent where she met JB for the first time in a few months ago. "Jaebum-ah ... I met Youngjae, he said he was the one who left the ring with you."
JB took out the rings which he makes to be a pendant and take a look, "Sometimes life is so weird dont you think? So weird that I thought you wouldnt believe my story. Then .... What he told you?"
"He told me to live a happy life," said Minhee draped her wet hair behind her ear, "And ..... he told me that you’re the person who he entrust to make me happy. Because Youngjae said that you both were similar like the other parts of his soul."
JB Minhee’s cheek slowly while staring at her, "So .... Are you going to accept my proposal?"
Minhee closed her eyes and put her forehead on his forehead as she hugged that namja, "I dont know ... it takes time, it may take a few more years until I forget him." He said, "But .... Maybe not as frustrating as before, I'm sure I’ll pass through these times with good; without tears or nightmare’s roar every night."
"Um ..... how about talk outside the tent?" suggest JB who had blushed face and trembling shoulders.
"Oh well, mianhae ~ i think im act too eagerly" said Minhee who recognizes JB’s nervousness, they both came out and sat side by side on the sand. "Jaebum-sshi, uh ... Jaebum-ah .... Thank you for helping me handle my old wound, if there’s no you... I might be going to Seoul and take some rehab again."
"For what, i thought you’d never in pain?" Says JB. "Speaking of Seoul, are you going home? When will it be? tomorrow? next week?"
"It doesnt matter for me," said Minhee, “..... But it seems rather difficult to introduce you to my family because Jeju and Seoul are far away you know?"
JB's eyes immediately widened, "Aniiyo ~ I will go with you to Seoul then! I’ll drive you to school, help your parents, accompany you everywhere and anytime!"
Minhee laughed as she put his head on JB’s shoulders, "What about your job and your dream here? Your career are more important than our distance...... jagiya."