> He who Confessed

Another Him

"..... I didnt finish in master degree because I'm sick," Minhee start a conversation when they arrived home. JB who heard it nodded slowly. "I think it's time for you to know who I really am."
"Are you a close relative of the South Korea president?" JB suddenly asked randomly.
"Aniyoo, why?" Said Minhee confuse.
"Ohhhhh because you said I have to know who you are. I thought you hide your identity as a close relative of the president. " Stated JB," Em .... Well... I'll listen to you."

 

Aigoo uri Minhee..... why your face looks cloudy? Is there something going wrong? Well... I'll listen to you

 

"....... I'm undergoing rehabilitation in a mental hospital because of an impulsive urge to commit suicide, hallucinations and depression." Reveal Minhee without hesitation and they both were silent for a moment staring at each other's faces. Minhee then spoke again, "Em .... arent you afraid of me?"
"So that's why you often daydream? Because you still have a frequent hallucinations? "JB soon to draw conclusions from his views on Minhee,"I cant believe it, What makes you depressed anyway? "
Minhee swallowed, hesitant to talk about her wonded memories .... But she felt the JB’s open mind towards her and then she spoke, "You know Sewol tragedy? There’s one of the most valuable person for me there, he reportedly missing and was never found ..... .... "
JB’s eye widened, "Dont tell me ..... jakkaman," he ran to his room to take something and show it to Minhee; a ring with the inscription "Youngjae <3 Minhee" in it
"Ottokke? How can you ..... what happened to Youngjae and why this ring were on you?? "Minhee early stages of anxiety began to emerge, her hand starts to squeeze the cushion.
"Calm down Minhee-sshi I'll explain~" said JB with panicking too, "I was one of the survivor of ..... Sewol tragedy, the ring falls were in front of me when I drowned ..."
"At That time I almost gave up my life but suddenly I saw this ring and I heard someone’s tell me that ..... I have to survive and live .... To take care of someone he love at ... " said JB stammered, "I didnt expect that .... This ring has something to do with you, Minhee-sshi, "
"It belongs to my fiancee, but... why didnt you save him?!" Minhee’s voice getting louder, "He could’ve survived, he always wears this ring and you found this ring.... but why he wasnt found until now Jaebum-sshi, waeeee??? Why dont you save him, did you tell me that you’re a coast guard?? "
JB swallowed his saliva witnessed the Minhee’s panicking slowly transmitted to him, "I .... I was a students who take a vacation to Jeju with my family. Both my parents died and my hyung also missing .... That’s why Im a coastguard now ..... so I could save people’s lives if that 3 years ago tragedy happened again... "
"Keep the ring off from me Jebal, Jebal!" Minhee shouted, pushing JB until he fell backward, "Youngjae-ya .... Are you going to propose me? Why didnt you tell me you want to hold a reception in Jeju? Why did you go and Im not?? Waeyo?!"
Minhee suddenly ran toward the front door trying to open it by force, "I have to save Youngjae, he must have been cold there. Open the door! I want to meet my Youngjae!" Shouts Minhee slowly turned into tears," Youngjae-ah .... Choi Youngjaeeee huhuhuhu!!! "
JB got up from hugged Minhee tightly, "Get back to your sense!! it's was 3 years ago Minhee-sshi .... Youngjae cant go back, mianhae ... jeongmal mianhae!"
Minhee still struggling and cries until she’s weakened and dissolved into tears, "Youngjae-ah huhuhuhu bogosippeo huhuhu~~~  jinjja bogosipta Youngjae-ahhhhh .... Come back to me Jebal huhuhu~~~"

***

"Umma mianhada .... For now I have to do some business in Jeju, I wont go home with a tour group. Nee calm down... I've talked to the leader tour. Hm? Nee Im okay, if my business was finished I’ll go home umma hehehe ... I promise."

"Minhee-sshi... your dinner is ready." JB Call from the TV room, he knocks on the doors of her rooms but she didnt respond. It’s Already a week passed since the panic Minhee came back, now she decided to calm her mind and feelings with locking her rooms.
"Jebal hajimaseyo ... I dont want you to sick, Jebal meogo cuseyo." Moaned JB in guilt, he took a deep breath .. "Okay it's up to you, I know you're still angry but dont you ever get sick for skipping meals arrasseo? "

 

"It’s up to you if you want to be angry and silent as it is, but I dont want you to get sick from skipping meals, you understand?"

 

The words were repeated back ... back ... and back in her mind so she closes her eyes and ears hopping the words that JB saying who once again similiar with Youngjae’s word immediately disappeared and stop making her hallucinating.
"Minhee-sshi?" JB calling again a few hours later, ensure that she’s fine.
"Will you stop calling me?" Minhee curtly asked, "And stop acts like him, couldn’t you?"
"Similar to who?" JB asked confused, "I just told you to eat and ..... there are some things I want to tell you about .... Em ... your man in the past. "
JB words successfully made Minhee opened the door, looked at him with the gaunt face and sunken, "Look at this face, it's my fault for not telling you firmly to eat on time. Mianhae. "
Minhee had wobbly when hearing JB’s statement but she returned to consciousness and walked into the dining room, "So .... What would you tell me about Youngjae? "she said while taking a plate of rice.
"Are you sure you’ll be fine after this?" ask JB, "I dont want your aggressive urge back again, you could have a suicide if I left you at home one day."
"Just tell me, that suicidal drives are gone ..... I think." answer Minhee, "I'm going to eat calmly then you talk and our business is finished. I could go home tomorrow so i wont trouble you with this strange attitude ever again."
"Please dont talk like that!" JB said firmly, "You're not weird, you have to do is recover your wounds arra?"
Minhee stunned, she felt JB’s attitude changed towards her; getting attentive and worry if something happened to her. "Alright .... What would you tell? "
JB sitting in front of Minhee, sighed and began to talk. "I ..... was close to Youngjae when we aboard the Sewol ferry."
Minhee stops spooning her food for a moment then JB talks again. "Since Youngjae go alone at that time, I always near him because I was tired of my mother’s chatty. He had a nice camera and I learn a good shooting technique like a professional, then after our long chat .. I saw his hand circled by the ring.."
"I asked, 'are you married? Why in rush at such a young age?' Then he shook his head and replied that he had got engaged, he went to Jeju to seek an nice place for your pre-wedding photos. I asked what his future wife looks like and he replied that ... you are a very independent woman, Youngjae loves you because you’re always doing something perfectly. He falls in love with you and wants to be your husband right away. "
"Youngjae says he wants to introduce you to me after you get married after I say ...... a girl with that personality .... was the type of mine too." explain JB with reddened face. “After our long chat, I leave to the dining room because I was so hungry .... Suddenly, it feels like a ship hit the reef and gradually sloping. The crew told us to wear a vest and remain in place, but who would have thought that the ferry will drowning upside down?"
Minhee who heard the story trying to not cry, "At that time I wasnt able to swim and just struggle uselessly in the water, my breath getting shorter and I think I’ll die because my body keeps drowning and drowning. But from a distance I saw someone who slowly drown about 2 meters under my position, his face was pale and there was something shiny floating from his place; as if his face looked at me and said, 'Jaebum-ah ... please take care of my lady, that yeoja were strong but fragile at the same time. Dont give Jaebum-ah ... stay alive for me' "
"When I woke up in the hospital a few weeks later, the nurse told me I was holding this ring when I were found by a rescue team. Since then I learned to dive and swim to be a coast guard, while looking for yeoja who Youngjae were whispered to me ...." explain JB, "And now I found her .... that yeoja who looks strong but actually fragile."
Suddenly JB grabs Minhee’s hand which was wiping the tears then he hugs her, "If forgetting Youngjae were hard to do ....... What if I helped you forget it slowly?" he asked, "Marry me."
Minhee release JB’s hug, "MWO?" ask her in disbelief and exploding heartbeat due to the hugs, "You ask me to ..... what?"
"Marry me," JB repeated bluntly: "Because that’s my promise to myself, if I find that yeoja... then I’ll be responsible for her, I will marry her."
Minhee quiet and wiped her the cheeks which full of tears. "Do you think marriage is a joke? Do you think my heart will easily changed?! " She yell, "Didnt you see that I'm here .... arent giving up on Youngjae and Still havent out of his shadow? "
"To get away from his shadow you have to do something else." Suggest JB, "Togetherness are build by both parties, as well as breaking up.. didnt you know that?"
As if struck by lightning, Minhee suddenly got an idea. "Then ... take me there. Take me to a place where three years ago the tragedy took place, I'll find Youngjae for the first and last time."