> He who appears in her mind

Another Him

3 years later ...


A girl woke up with a pale face and sweat body, it's already many years ago passed since the tragedy happen to her fiancee.
"Minhee-ya what happen?" Mother came into the room holding his daughter, "You had a nightmare again?"
"It's okay," said Minhee wiping the sweat on her forehead, " It's just a lot of horror movie scenes keeps replaying in my dream while im being the main character."
"Never mind it 's just a dream," the mother pat her gently, "but you often have nightmares, how about repair you memory with getting into college again?"
"Um ..... I dont know." Minhee replied, "I think I need a refresher after done my theraphy, I want to go to Jeju island."
"I wont allow you to go there." The mother replied firmly , " you Hallucinations sometimes arising, you could attempt suicide unconsciously."
"Gwenchana, I'm not hallucinating again mom ... " Minhee convince her mother , "There's no drives again in my body mom, I'm cured already."
"Well if you insist , I'll reserve tickets for you." Mom out of the room leaving Minhee
Sorry mom I lied, I didnt dream about horror movies but i dream about Youngjae who appear again in my memory, said Minhee's mind which experienced hallucinations and severe depression for not believing her lover 's body has not been found at the Sewol tragedy. She was treated at a psychiatric hospital after several suicide attempts and it's just a month after Minhee completing her rehabilitation .
Minhee family had to get rid of things that relate to Youngjae or their engagement, including the engagement ring which always used by Minhee. her Families also avoid Minhee to take a transportation that awakes her trauma, for example like ships or buses which always took by Minhee and Youngjae after college.
Youngjae- ah who's the one who couldnt give up all this? me or you? Minhee said in her mind. If I did let you go .... Why do you always come to my mind as if you call me?

***

"Minhee - ya ... why all of a sudden you went to Jeju island? We havent had time to see you after you discharge from the hospital, that's too much~" complained Minhee's good friend over the phone, now she's on the Jeju to detach her mind from bad memories and she went there alone .
"Jinjja mianhae. I'm still not used to the Seoul's traffic so I escaped to Jeju and adapted to a crowded environment." explain Minhee, " When I 'm home.. lets hangout together."
Minhee close the conversation then traveled to Seongsan Ilchulbong Park to see the yellow flowers around it, then suddenly her mind back to the past ... to a few years ago with Youngjae


"Look how yellow this place, it's refreshing my eyes ." Comments Youngjae busy photographing Minhee, "Try standing right, today you'll be the object of my picture."
"Oh stop it, i thought we're going for a walk instead of taking pictures." Protest Minhee, "Enjoy this moment, I know you purposely bring cameras to get your project done, right?"
"Um ... not really," said Youngjae gasped, that namja was working as a professional photographer who got the project every week. They both rarely met or take a vacation together since they graduated from college because of busy Youngjae, so Minhee keep prevent Youngjae for working during their vacation.
"I told you to keep your big camera in the hotel room, just take a picture with a camera phone." Minhee folded her hands began to get angry, Youngjae who saw it immediately pinch her cheek.
"Hey why pinching me?" Protest Minhee with grumpy tone .
"Because you're always angry," said Youngjae with a smile and then hugged Minhee slowly , "Well... I wont use this camera, let's have fun okay?" Youngjae then pecks Minhee's lips in a flash.


"Agasshi stop!" Someone shouted Minhee interrupted her daydreaming, "What are you doing?"
Minhee looked at people who call her, a mother with her ​​family ride a horse carriage. "I'm sorry ... what exactly do I do?"
"You went to the middle of the carriage track, you can get hit and die, dear." Says the mother, Minhee surprised to see that she's currently in the middle of the road.
"Choisonghaeyo .." she said simply then go, what happened ? even though one month already passed but my subconscious drive me to commit suicide again without realizing it. speak Minhee's mind, Did I have to return to rehab ? Eiii ... no no, rehab requires a lot of cost and time. I wont do it again .

***

How could I forget ? Even thought i want to forget the memory it keep appears, then .... we almost visited all place in Korea. How could I forget ?
Minhee's mind speaks continuously loaded her head, for some reason she felt stupid for deciding to go to Jeju because the memories that she had about Youngjae backs again.
"Stay away from things that related to water, highways and altitude by yourself, arraseo ?" ask her mother before she goes but unfortunately that travel that Minhee pay for the trip even took her to the Hyeopjae
beach. " Well ... maybe I 'll go see the pine forest alone." Says Minhee by herself.
"Excuse me agasshi .... Our today's schedule is to go to Hyeopjae beach and stay for 5 days, we're sorry that no facilities that could accompany you to the pine forest." explain the tour guides, he doesnt know that Minhee is a ex-patient at a mental hospital with implusion disorders which still relapse.
"Oh well." Answer Minhee at a lost words, I wouldnt be able to go out from my room if it's like this. the beach is too scary for me, speaks her mind with concerned face, "I'm having a phobia towards the beach ... so I should be in the room alone, it's okay right?"
"If it helps you it's okay," said the tour guide , "Forgive our service because you didnt tell specific things about you from the start. .... "
"Gwenchanaeyo .... The rented room werent bad," said Minhee entertain herself, how could she tell her dark identity to strangers? "I 'll see the beach from a short distance, thank you for your attention."
Minhee entered the hotel room with a big bed and a bathroom which has a shower and bath tub, the window facing directly towards the beach. Minhee opened the curtains a little because she fears something will happen on her subconscious again.
"It's been a long time, there werent many things changed." Comment Minhee look behind the curtain, " It would be nice if i could play there without any disturbance."
"Of course you can, why not?" Minhee suddenly saw Youngjae's figure waving in front of her window, he wears a shorts with a smile that Minhee's familiar at, "Come here .... I 'll accompany you, I promise Minhee-ya~"
"Youngjae - ah .... " Minhee stunned to look Youngjae clearly in front of her eyes, the engage ring look in his left ring finger whileYoungjae waving to ask Minhee out. "Youngjae - ah ..."
Minhee out of her room and ran to the beach, "Wait for me ... where are you going? Why did you leave me?" Minhee asked many times, Youngjae running toward the sea while occasionally waving and Minhee run faster.
"You asked me to swim?" ask Minhee but suddenly the waves hit her and Youngjae's body disappeared from her view .