Beat of an Angel

Your absence

You had woken up to a maniacal giggling almost to the sound of a pack of cackling hyenas. Rinko and JiHye had cracked up over something that they had seen on TV. And knowing them you knew that their laughter was not gonna cease for another hour or two. They would relate every sentence to that childish joke and keep biting your ear off (not quite literally). You shook your head clearing your head off of all the morning blues you usually have. Your thoughts immediately went back to evening well spent yesterday with Kris. You knew you would never be able to get over it. Kris. Such a marvel. Smiling to yourself you did not realize you weren't the only one in the room.

"Looks like somebody got some action yesterday"Aisha said crawling onto your bed next to you.

That was all you needed to gush out everything. You could see that Aisha was itching to blurt out something to you as well. Her hands were twitching and as you narrated. You stopped

"And then i curled up my hoo-"

"You know what Aish. I can see it all over your face that you will die if I dont let you speak".

Aisha laughed and squished you into a hug and began narrating her incident with Sehun. She looked like a baby that had been fed with an overdose of candy. She would normally get excited and high over little things, and this was about Sehun and Sehun definitely was no little thing. But she looked like she was awestruck.Atleast she sounded like one. You looked at her expressive face and you knew, heart to heart Sehun might have enjoyed this face of hers.Aisha, Jihye and Hara were all kids at heart. Jihye was older among the four of you, followed by Hara, Rinko and Aisha and then you, the maknae.But if you had to include the guys as well, Leo was older to you by a year. Wonbin and Ray were the same age as JiHye. You pushed yourself off the bed and walked towards the bathroom to get ready. With a long day ahead you knew you had to get out as quickly as you could. Kim-oppa would arrive in a few minutes.

Ready as you were, you slipped on a pair of converse and grabbed your duffel bag and the four of you walked down to the main road, waiting for you manager. At a distance you saw the boys walk towards you. Ray ran up to Hara and pulled her hair. It had become his favourite habit off late. All of you laughed off his little habit. And you spotted Manager's car at the curve and you got ready to board. The rest of them were fooling around but you plugged in your ipod and went into a blissful slumber. Before you knew it you had reached the SM building. You stepped out a little dazed, the sun hitting your face and your day began. You walked into your office submitting attendance.

You were scheduled for a couple of solo training sessions today and you went off to your reserved studio. You walked into the studio. Upacking your towels, water bottles, sweatbands,you the Air-Con. Warming up, stretching a litle bit, you walked towards the stereo and BoA's EAT YOU UP boomed across the studio. You felt your body go light and you felt breezy. You had grown your own pair of wings and there was nothing stopping you. You felt alive.

Like I've become some kinda Demon in the Night, you look so tasty I could eat you up al-" The music stopped abruptly. You whipped your head to see who had turned it off and there he was. In all his glorious demenour. You had been so caught up with your dancing that you simply had failed to hear the door open over the Loud music.

"That was some terrific dancing. Looks like you have got real skill" his lips curled into a crooked smile.

"Umm, Hi Kris sunbaenim" you said embarrassed. You were dripping in sweat despite the functioning and classy AC on.

"Kris is fine" he said. You looked at him weirdly. That did not happen quite often. You knew that you and Kris were quite the years apart.

"Kris-shi for now?" you asked curiously.

"Seems just about fine." he nodded approvingly. "I have something of yours to return. So, I dropped by your manager picked up your schedule and here I am" he said as he sat down on a chair nearby placing your hoodie on the adjacent chair.You were mute the whole time. It seemed like Kris was heading towards full control of the conversation. Not that you had a problem. "Well your dance skills are undoubtedly good. How about we test singing, yeah?" he looked at you questioningly.

"Sure, what do you wanna sing?" you said confidently. Something told you this moment, you were going to cherish dearly.

"Alright, I want to sing Let Me Go by Avril Lavigne ft. Chad Kroeger. You up for it?" Kris's face was lit up like a child. As if he had been waiting to sing a choice of his own. You knew the song but never sung it out loud. This was gonna be interesting. You and Kris decided to kep it casual and start calmly with no pressure.

You refused to make eye contact with Kris cause you needed all of your confidence. You wanted this to work out perfectly.You took a deep breath and started,

Love that once hung on the wall
Used to mean something, but now it means nothing
The echoes are gone in the hall
But I still remember, the pain of december

Now you chose to look at Kris and his expression threw your heart off its pulse. He was looking at you open mouthed. In order to calm yourself as well you raised your eyebrow. He caught your question and looked down, not before casting a smile in your direction.
Oh, there isn't one thing left you could say
I'm sorry it's too late

You noticed Kris indicating that he was going to join you in the chorus and then the melody filled the air. It was a transcendence to a whole new level.
I'm breaking free from these memories
Gotta let it go, just let it go
I've said goodbye
Set it all on fire
Gotta let it go, just let it go

Kris kicked off to his part smoothly. His voice, rich in texture like chocolate and honey, his accent carrying the words beautifully and drenched with emotions. Eyes closed, he was enjoying himself and the music that he thrived on. The Instrumental from the stereo went deaf on your ears. You were coccooned by Kris and there was no escape.
You came back to find I was gone
And that place is empty, like the hole that was left in me
Like we were nothing at all
It's not that you meant to me
Thought we were meant to be

Oh, there isn't one thing left you could say
I'm sorry it's too late

Kris had opened his eyes and you knew you were to join him in this chorus. You had walked towards the french window as you listened to him. He glided his way over to you and he looked straight ahead to the view as he sang.

I'm breaking free from these memories
Gotta let it go, just let it go
I've said goodbye
Set it all on fire
Gotta let it go, just let it go


I let it go, and now I know
A brand new life (is down this road)
Where it's right, you always know
So this time, I won't let go

Kris took his breath and you continued on to finish the song, Kris was looking at you from the corner of his eyes. And the both of you chorused to a euphony and it felt like the music was reaching out to you in a way you never thought possible. This feeling with Kris was too painful for you, Almost blissfully heart-wrenching.
There's only one thing left here to say
Love's never too late


I've broken free from these memories
I've let it go, I've let it go
And two goodbyes, led to this new life
Don't let me go, don't let me go
Don't let me go, don't let me go, don't let me go
Won't let you go, don't let me go
Won't let you go, don't let me go
Won't let you go, don't let me go
Won't let you go, don't let me go

The both of you were breathing heavily and Kris stepped aside, head turned and said quickly

"I have to leave." Without another word, he was out of the room. 

You were rooted on spot. Your emotions were turbulent. You felt hurt and touched at the same time. You heart was torn. You were touched that, for his stature Kris had asked a Duet out of you. And you felt pained cause he had left. Just Like THAT. You decided to Let it go. He was a senior and a celebrity end of the day. You were a trainee afterall. Your days were void of action and drama. The fact that you got this much seemed miraculous. Keeping asde ridiculous thoughts you got back on to schedule. You knew heart of heart that something was stirring up. But you were unaware of how right or wrong that feeling was.