CHAPTER 2

I'll Be There
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Mrs Park had ushered everyone inside to the great hall, as she liked to call it, to get acquainted with each other, Shin was seated next to Kyungsoo while Sia was cleaning and dressing his wound, trying not to look whiny in front of his cousin and failing majorly.

“Ouch! Sia, be more gentle please!” He begged of the chef as she applied disinfectant to the bite. She tsked in reponse, shaking her head.

“If you weren’t so careless all the time I wouldn’t have to do this. I swear, I’m more of a nurse than a chef.” Sia said scolding him in front of everyone, the children openly laughed at him while his cousin and the rest tried to hide their chuckles.  

Sia finished putting the bandage on Shin and headed back to the kitchen with Mrs Park to make some afternoon snacks for everyone. Kyungsoo watched his cousin interact with everybody, the kids seemed to adore Shin a lot, and it wasn’t surprising since he could get along with anyone. However, Kyungsoo was suspicious of Hijae, he disliked the boy on the spot. He seemed too wild for Kyungsoo’s liking and he couldn’t believe Shin was friends with him but Hijae looked like he respected Shin a lot so Kyungsoo let it be, for now.

“You know that while you are here you will be treated like everyone else, no exceptions.” He heard Shin say to him with a grin, in return he poked the snake bite making Shin howl in pain.

“Hey! I know you are his cousin but treat Shin more gently!” Hijae huffed, looking quite annoyed by how close the cousins were being.

Kyungsoo raised his eyebrows, this kid trying to start something or what? He thought as he glared at Hijae. Everyone in the hall stopped whatever conversations they were having and watched the confrontation. Shin looked back and forth between the two and sighed, this cannot end well.

“Yah punk, I can treat him however I want. It’s not like you’re his boyfriend, you don’t own him.” Kyungsoo shot back, Shin mentally face palmed himself as he saw Hijae’s face go bright red.

“It’s not like he hasn’t tried to tap that.” Joon Dae commented avoiding eye contact with Shin and Hijae.  Kyungsoo’s jaw clenched, Kai and the rest of Exo knew he was starting to get agitated, hence why they didn’t interfere. Not even their sunbaes were stepping up to stop it, everyone was afraid of Satansoo backlash.

“You’ve been trying to get with Shin, my innocent cousin?” Kyungsoo questioned, eyes shooting daggers at Hijae, who had the audacity to scoff.

“Please, Shin is anything but innocent.”

That one remark made Kyungsoo lunge at Hijae, Kai and Chanyeol grabbed onto Kyungsoo while Hijae was held back by two of his friends, the whole room went chaotic, the kids were encouraging the fight with some of Super Junior, TVXQ and Shinee. Shin groaned before getting up, walking out of the room and coming back with a bucket of ice-water. He went to the source of the chaos and threw the ice water on them, Kyungsoo and Hijae yelped, the room went quiet. Everyone looked at Shin, the bucket in his hands.

Mrs Park and Sia entered the room, holding trays of snacks, stopping in their tracks as they took in the scene before them.

“What on earth happened?!” Mrs Park exclaimed, noticing the large amount of water on the floor. Sia knew exactly what happened when she saw the look on Shin’s face, looks like Shin has some explaining to do later on.

“Nothing.” Shin said grabbing Hijae by the ear and taking him out of the room, his friends followed behind.

“You idiot! You can’t keep your mouth shut to save your life!” Shin yelled as soon as they were outside.

“It’s your cousin’s fault!” He yelled back, rubbing his now sore ear. “Why are you getting so worked up about it?”

“My cousin doesn’t need to know the sordid details of my life and you need to stop trying to get me back, Hijae.” Shin said in an exasperated voice.  Hijae’s friends slinked away, not wanting to get scolded at as well.

“I can’t help it if I s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter