CHAPTER 1

I'll Be There
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The crowded office was filled with tension as Soo Man rubbed his temples, staring at the people sitting in the plastic chairs in front of him making his office seem oh so small; his anger was barely being kept in check right now, he swore he had steam coming out his ears and nose.

How could they have made such a mess of things? What on earth had possessed them to be so stupid? He knew for sure that all the other company CEO’s were laughing at him not to mention the whole fricken world as well.

He clenched his fists together and breathed deeply to calm himself down but the tension in his neck overrode that action. He eyed the leaders of the groups before him, amazed by the fact that in all the years he has known them he has to punish them for making a fool out of him and the agency.

Their fellow members watched nervously from their seats behind them, casting accusing glances at each other now and then. Soo Man cleared his throat, making everyone in the room jump slightly.

“You boys have any idea how much of a ruckus you have caused?” All eyes blinked and then several hands shot up, Soo Man raised a brow. Were they seriously going to answer his rhetorical question? He held in a laugh when the leaders made them put their hands down.

“You have made a mockery out of yourselves, the company and myself. Now I have no choice but to punish you especially after your little show at the concert.” All eyes each other as if to say it was their fault, some were doing hand gestures which Soo Man found distasteful, no one was willing to take responsibility for their actions.

Leeteuk turned his head slightly and sighed at s’ immaturity, Onew stared blankly at Soo Man wishing he could go back to bed, Suho and Kris refused to acknowledge their members therefore ignoring them and Yunho was silently praying that Changmin gets struck by lightning for being a part of this mess. No one wanted to admit that they were all at fault and continued to blame each other, much to the annoyance of their CEO.

Soo Man heaved a heavy sigh, watching his idols bicker amongst each other was the last thing he needed at the present time, it was bad enough that the media and every soul on Earth was criticizing the way he  handles his idols and the investors of the company were starting to voice their nervousness.  He wanted to shut himself away and cry like a little baby but that wasn’t going to happen any time soon, Soo Man banged on his desk with an open hand until he got their attention again.

“Everybody but the leaders, stand up.” He said with a quiet tone.

They all looked at each other before getting up hesitantly, one by one.

“Leave.” He ordered.

They hastily made their exit, not even looking at their leaders as they left the room, the door closed with a gentle clack. Soo Man watched the five leaders tense up and put his hands together. The silence in the room was nerve wrecking for the leaders, Leeteuk was on the verge of having a panic attack, Kris and Suho were contemplating running out crying like little kids, Yunho avoided eye contact and Onew was still wondering what he was doing in here.

“Now,” He began, startling them. “How should I punish you?”

~

Kyungsoo sat down on one of the chairs that lined the wall in front of Soo Man’s office, feeling sorry for his hyungs that were in there. In the years he had been a trainee, he had never seen Soo Man raise his voice or lose his temper but just now had been utterly terrifying and the man hadn’t even done any of those things. He slumped in his chair about to rest his head when two heads appear on his lap, smiling up at him.

“Did I say you could use my lap as a pillow?” He questioned to the two maknaes, Kai and Sehun.

“Didn’t have to.” Kai began

“You would have said yes anyway.” Sehun finished with a knowing smirk.

Kyungsoo gave both their heads a slap and was satisfied with their cries of outrage and grabbed his phone out, his lips curved into a smile when he saw he had an email. He pressed on it and his smile turned into a grin, he read the message completely unaware that Kai and Sehun were staring at him wondering why their hyung looked so happy.

Kai used his fingers and counted down from five, Sehun took the phone and quickly got off Kyungsoo’s lap. Kai blocked him as they both looked at the email and were stunned to see a picture of a very cute boy.

“Yah! Give that back!” Kyungsoo shouted, trying to break past Kai’s tanned arm.

“Man, this guy is hot. Is he your boyfriend?” Sehun asked him, Kyungsoo rolled his eyes and side stepped only to be pushed out of the way.

“What are you two ogling at?” Minho asked and looked down at the phone. “Whoa D.O-ah, is this guy really your boyfriend?”

Kyungsoo didn’t know why but he felt slightly offended by Minho’s comment, the irritation grew when he took the phone off Sehun and started showing everyone, all were huddled in a big group while Kyungsoo was left out of the circle, hearing all the comments made his face go red.

“Yah!!!!” He shouted getting their attention, he pushed past them and grabbed his phone. “For your information, this is my cousin Shin.”

“Bwoh???!!!” Everyone exclaimed.

“That’s Shin? Damn, he grew up well.” Heechul remarked, Kyungsoo glared at him and he suddenly found a speck of dust on the wall interesting.

He shoved his phone back into his pocket and turned to sit down when the doors to Soo Man’s office opened, the leaders and Soo Man coming out, their expressions showing defeat. Kyungsoo made eye contact with Soo Man and he swore he saw him smirk at him, meaning whatever the punishment was, it wasn’t a good one.

“Now I will repeat what I told your leaders. For starters, all of your TV appearances have been postponed until further notice. All solo activities have been cancelled until I say so...” Cries of protest and outrage filled the hallway, Soo Man death stared them into silence. “Further -more, you will go to your dorms, pack your bags and come back here early tomorrow morning to catch the bus.”

“A bus??” Kyungsoo said confused. “Where are we going?”

“To the other half of your punishment.”

“And where exactly is that, Sir?”

“There is an orphanage that I want you to help out at. It’s part your punishment and you will be staying there for a month so pack wisely. It’s in Cheongju.” Soo Man looked at Kyungsoo with a knowing smile.

Kyungsoo gulped and stared at the ground wondering what he had done in his previous life to deserve this. He also wondered what his cousin was going to say when he found out that he was coming to stay with the whole motley crew. Kai had made his way over to Kyungsoo and noticed immediately that the older looked somehow crestfallen and he also noticed the way Soo Man was looking at him.

“Um..Sir? Why are you looking at Kyungsoo-hyung like that for?” Kai asked only to be elbowed by the elder beside him. Kyungsoo lifted his head up and waited for Soo Man to speak but the old man just chuckled and went back into his office.

“Did anyone else find that creepy?” Kyuhyun asked shuddering, everyone murmured in agreement before begrudgingly saying goodbye and leaving to go to their dorms.

Kyungsoo hung back and waited until everyone else was gone before taking his phone out, he scrolled down his contacts list and found his cousin’s number and froze. Maybe it was best to just call Mrs Park instead of Shin, he knew his cousin would protest t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter