Chapter 2

Out Of My League
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“Got it?”

“Yes.”

All students just answered “yes” because of the reason of wanting to end the class as soon as possible. They were ready to go when they saw their professor smiling and cleaning his mess if it weren’t for his face that looked like he remembered something.  They groaned inwardly.

“Ah. Before I forget, you have an assignment. It’s by pair though.” Students were now looking at him intently, as if waiting for him to announce if he was to pick the pairs or they can decide by themselves. He smiled at them. “Since it’s your first day yet I’m giving you homework already, the least thing I can do for you guys is to let you chose your partners by yourselves.”

“Yeah!” Yuri cheered and looked at the girl beside her. “Taeng! Let’s pair up.”

“Sure.” Taeyeon smiled at her.

She looked at Tiffany and saw her talking and smiling at Yoona. Yoona must be her partner.  She thought.

“Okay Class. Listen up!" All the students was now listening to him. "Is everbody by pair already?” He asked.

“Excuse me, sir?” A tall thin girl raised her hand. Taeyeon recognized her as ‘Sooyoung’. "I don't have a pair."

“Oh? But the number of the students in your class is even.” The professor muttered while checking the attendance sheet.

“Sir!” Yuri raised her hand. The professor looked at her questioningly. “Lee Sunkyu is absent.”

“Ah. Right.” He smiled thankfully at Yuri- who smiled in return, before looking at Sooyoung. “Sunkyu can be your partner. The deadline is still next week anyway, so maybe you can talk to her tomorrow or the day after.”

“Yes sir.” Sooyoung answered.

 

The professor explained their homework. They need to make a presentation about the topic that their professor will give them. After passing their presentation next week, they will discuss it on their specific dates.

“Any question?”

“None.” Students answered at the same time.

“Okay then. You’re dismissed.”

 

Cheers of students were heard loudly. Some students excitedly went out of the classroom while some stayed behind.

Yuri and Taeyeon stayed behind. They were waiting for Yuri’s dorm mate- Yoona, who’s still talking to Tiffany. While waiting, Sooyoung approached them.

 

“Excuse me.” Taeyeon and Yuri looked up and saw Sooyoung talking to them. They smiled at her.

“Oh, hey.” Taeyeon answered.

“Are you friends with Lee Sunkyu?” She asked.

“Oh yeah. Why?” Yuri answered this time.

“Can I get her number? I need to talk to her about our topic.”

“Sure.” Yuri smiled and gave her friend’s number to Sooyoung.

“Thank you. And err.. if you don’t mind... Can I join you guys for lunch? I don’t really have friends here since I’m a transferee.”

“Sure! The more the merrier.” Yuri answered cheerfully.

 

While Yuri and Sooyoung is busy talking to each other, Taeyeon’s eyes were wandering at the other side of the room. Her eyes were focused on a girl who’s laughing and animatedly talking to her friend’s sister.

Tiffany, who was oblivious to the stare she was receiving continued laughing. But Yoona’s statement stopped her from laughing.

 

“Unnie. Taeyeon-unnie is staring you.” Yoona snickered.

“Huh?” Tiffany looked at Taeyeon but saw that the latter was talking to Sooyoung and Yuri. “No she’s not. She’s talking to Yuri and Sooyoung.”

Yoona looked at Taeyeon whereas Tiffany checked her phone. She saw Taeyeon glaring at her, she rolled her eyes at the girl.

“Hey Yoong. I need to go now. My bestfriend is waiting for me at the Caf. She tends to be grumpier than her usual self when waiting. Sorry. Maybe I’ll drop by your table later at lunch. Okay?”

Yoona smiled at Tiffany. “Ofcourse unnie, feel free to drop by.” Yoona put stressed in the word free while grinning.

Tiffany looked confusingly at her but nod nonetheless. She waved and went out of the classroom. She glanced at Taeyeon, and this time, their eyes met. Taeyeon avoided it though. She sighed and continued walking away.

“You..” Taeyeon was about jump at Yoona but Yoona already dashed outside.

“Let’s go eat unnies!” Yoona laughed maniacally while running away from Taeyeon.

“What’s up with her?” Sooyoung asked.

“Don’t mind her. She’s crazy.” Taeyeon groaned.

 

Taeyeon heard Yoona when she told Tiffany she was staring so she quickly turned her attention to her other two friends. Blur

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter