Chapter 3.

Out Of My League
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Taeyeon was playing on her phone while waiting for Yuri to open the door. She was starting to lose her patience. She groaned loudly when she saw the time. Yuri told her yesterday to go to her house exactly 10am so they can finish their homework early and so she went. She tried calling her friend but it only led her to the voicemail.

 

“Seriously Yul!” She pressed the doorbell many times, putting her frustrations to it. “Damn you!”

“Cursing is bad you know.”

 

Taeyeon was startled at the unexpected husky voice that it made her jump, literally. Putting her hand on her chest, she frowned at the voice. She can recognize that voice everywhere. She turned around to look at the owner of the voice, and her frown deepens when she saw the girl smiling at her widely.

 

“What are you doing here?”  She asked the girl.

“I’m here to do the homework Mr. Lee gave to us.”

“Ah right. Your partner is Yoona.” Tiffany nods her head. “Can you call Yoong? I’ve been here for almost an hour already. Seems like nobody is home, I’ve been ringing the bell since I came and that stupid Yul isn’t answering her phone.” Taeyeon huffed.

Tiffany giggled and took out her phone. “Don’t you have Yoona’s number?” Tiffany asked as she browse her contacts.

“I don't have her new number.”

Tffany only nod as she put her phone to her ears.

”Hello Yoona. Goodmorning. Yes. No, I just came. Taeyeon’s here for almost an hour though. Really? Will it take long? Araso, take care. Bye.”

Taeyeon raised her eyebrows at Tiffany. “Where is she?”

“She said Yuri drove her and her parents to the airport and Yuri forgot her phone here. They’re on their way back though, Yoona said.” Tiffany stated.

Taeyeon only hummed.

Awkward silence surrounded them as they wait. Taeyeon wanted to talk, but she keeps reminding herself to not get close with Tiffany because it can cause her heartbreak. She has a crush on Tiffany and that’s all. Talking and interacting with Tiffany will surely make her feelings grow.

Tiffany on the other hand was looking at the girl beside her. They sat on the bench infront of Yuri and Yoona’s house. At first, Taeyeon sat far away from her but she stood up and sat beside the girl. Tiffany frowned when Taeyeon sighed. She really dislikes me. I didn’t even do anything to her. Tiffany sighed and Taeyeon heard it.

 

“Tiffany-ssi.” Taeyeon started and it made Tiffany frown. “You can walk around if you’re bored. There’s a lot to see around here.”

“Stop being formal with me. I thought we’re friends now?” Tiffany disregarded what Taeyeon suggested and instead, she faced the girl with her arms crossed.

“I don’t see any reason for me to not be formal with you, and no, we’re not friends.” Taeyeon cleared.

“Wha- so you don’t like me being friends with you?”

Hurt was evident on Tiffany’s face and it made Taeyeon guilty.  She sighed. “I told you. It’s complicated.”

Tiffany scoffed. “Right.”

 

Taeyeon did not answer anymore after that and silence surrounded them again. Fortunately, Yuri’s car appeared on both of their sight.  They stood up and went near the parking car. Yoona came out of the passenger seat and apologized to them. Taeyeon and Tiffany reassured Yoona that it’s okay. Yuri came out of the car soon after parking it, she too, apologized. She was forgiven too but not without Taeyeon hitting her head, reminding her to always brings her phone with her.

They all went inside and head straight to the living room. Without wasting time, they instantly started their homework finishing it before lunch time.

 

“Whoo. Finally!” Yuri stood up and stretched, making her abs in sight.

“Wow. Nice abs you got there.” Tiffany commented.

“Well. Hard work pays off.” She said smugly. Taeyeon rolled her eyes at the girl. “Taeyeon got abs too.” Yuri added.

“Oh.”

Yuri frowned at the lack of interest in Tiffany’s answer and looked at the blank face of Taeyeon.  She’s guessing that something must have happened earlier. She saw the both of them yesterday under the tree, sleeping so she thought that they’re fine. Knowing Tiffany, she’ll probably apologize and make it up to Taeyeon after what her friend had said to Taeyeon.

She looked at the both of them before an idea hit her. She grinned widely but quickly changed her expression into a shock one.

 

“Yoong.” She called her friend who was tidying their things. “I forgot that there’s no more food in the fridge! Let’s go to the market. We need to make food for them, right?” Yuri said while smiling widely at them, which was unusual in Tiffany’s opinion.

“Huh?” Yoona looked at Yuri weirdly. “The last time I checked, there was more.”

“There’s none.” Yuri pointed at Taeyeon and Tiffany with her lips secretly while looking at Yoona.

“Ah!” Yoona grinned, getting her

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter