The day you left me

You Left Me

The heavy rain outside reminded me of the day you left me. I was talking with my friends, when suddenly the teacher came up to me out of breath and told me to follow him. I was confused and worried but at the same time I didn’t know that was the last time I’ll ever see you. When I followed him, practically chasing after him to the front of the school where hundreds of cars drove past everyday, I saw you. Your car was crushed into a small metal piece; it looked miniature next to the truck you collided with. I still remember pausing abit first. Making sure it was actually you lying on the ground, when I was certain, i started running to your bruised bloody body and looked into your beautiful dark brown eyes. Your eyes were filled with tears, the first time I’ve ever seen you cry. But the final realisation of what was actually happening around was when I started to cry too. Drops of tears came running down my face, but then again it wasn’t noticeable considering of the heavy rain happening that day. You looked at me and laughed, simply told me you didn’t feel any pain at all and told me not to worry. Which was not a good sign, I heard when you’re on the edge of dying you don’t feel pain. You told me you love me and always will. I was angry, I practically shouted at you for doing this, told you that you were ruining my life. I reminded you about the promises you made. I waved the ring he gave me on the night of our formal, reminding him of his proposal and the marriage in four years. It seemed like he has forgotten everything, felt like he stopped trying to live. I hated him yet I couldn’t let him go. The more I yelled, the tighter I held on. I just wanted to stop everything around us, stop the rain, people’s voices, and the faint ambulance from the distance. I just wanted to be you and me. Next thing I knew, you interrupted my rant and simply told me ‘I know. I broke my promises, I won’t be able to keep them, however I love you and will never stop…’ while you were saying this, your voice started to soften and eventually everything I wanted from just two seconds before happened, all the noises stopped. You stopped breathing, and left your eyes opened staring at me. Do Kyungsoo, this was exactly what happened on the day you left me, on 26 of October 2012 at around 3 pm in the afternoon. You left me. All alone. And I despise you.