Beginning

I Just Want You

Minho always hated waking up in the morning. If he could, he would sleep for as long as possible. That is, if it were healthy at all. He had been known for sleeping two days straight, back in high school, after three exhausting soccer matches in just three days. The team heavily relied on their star forward for those games, not that Minho was complaining, of course. 

This morning was no different from every other he woke up to, that is until he opened his eyes. A body lay next to him with what looked like blonde hair to him. A delighted feeling enveloped him, sending him back into a time he always enjoyed. 

"Frog lips..." Lips brushed against Minho's temple, the voice sweet to his ears. With a smile Minho opened his eyes, Jonghyun's bright, adorable puppy dog face in full view. He grinned at the younger, brushing his brunette hair out of his face. 

"You look so much more friendly when you sleep, darling." He cooed and pressed his lips against Minho's temple once again. The brunette chuckled, positioning himself so that Jonghyun was forced to kiss him on the lips instead. 

"Two insults in one morning. That's a record." Minho commented as soon as he broke the kiss, much to Jonghyun's dismay. Jonghyun smiled innocently, proceeding to cuddle closer to his boyfriend by resting his head on Minho's chest. Minho chuckled in response. 

These mornings made his day. As well as woke him up for obvious reasons. 

"Were you watching me sleep?" A voice giggled, snapping Minho back to reality. In Jonghyun's place, a baby faced dark brunette lay in his place, disappointing Minho tremendously. He smiled and nodded. A lie that Taemin would never catch onto.

Taemin giggled in response and got up to head to the bathroom, leaving Minho alone with his thoughts as well as his grumpiness. It wasn't the first time he had seen Jonghyun instead of Taemin, but it occurred too often for his liking. He had promised himself that he would get over the little idiot... After all it had been four months since he had last seen the older. For all he knew, Jonghyun was gone for good. 

"Good my ." Minho mumbled then shook his head, ridding his mind of all those kinds of thoughts about Jonghyun. "You , stop wanting him. This is your fault. You cheated in the first place. You asked for this." 

No matter his endless efforts, he continued to come out still wanting Jonghyun.

 

After spending practically the whole day with Taemin, the younger decided that the two needed some time apart... In which Minho could not agree more. He left the dark brunette with an old friend of his at a dinner date, relieved it was already evening. I just want to sleep. 

In an effort to quicken his pace so he could get to his apartment, more importantly his bed, Minho almost missed the young drunk man stumbling into him. Before he could step out of the way, the man was pulled back by another person, looking beyond annoyed. 

"He-e-e-y Sunggyu! What are you doing here?!" The drunk slurred, 

"I'm Hoya, not Sunggyu, Dongwoo." The other responded, trying his best to carry the other's weight on his shoulder. The drunk, Dongwoo, snorted and laughed quite loudly. 

"Hoyyyaaa! Pshh... I meant that!" 

Seeing the obnoxious drunk stopped Minho in his track, letting yet another memory flood his mind. 

 

With Taemin busy, Minho really had no one to spend New Years with. Thus being true, he was on his way home, taking his time to look at the stars as usual when he felt a presence nearby. He looked to his right ever too slowly as a figure enveloped him in a hug and gave the brunette a slobbery kiss. 

"What the hell--" Minho yelled, wiping his lips with the back of his hand. 

"HAPPY NEW YEAR, BABE-Y!" The figure yelled in Minho's face. He didn't need light to know who the other person was, now that he had spoken. 

"What's good lookin', cookin'?" He slurred. 

"Are you on something?" 

"IN LOVE. WITH YOU!" At that, Minho coughed awkwardly and stared at his shoes. 

"In love with me? Don't you mean Tae?" 

"That's it!" He looked around rapidly. "Where is he again?" 

Minho narrowed his eyes in confusion, remembering that he had left Taemin, the younger waiting for a certain blonde.... Who happened to be right in front of his face... Instead of with his boyfriend, who happened to be Taemin at the time. 

"I thought you would know?" 

Once again Jonghyun looked around, spinning him in enough circles to make him dizzy as he spoke, sounding more confused by each syllable. 

"I lost him... Someplace?" 

Being the protective boyfriend he was, Minho narrowed his eyes, anger clotting his veins. 

"Are you ing with me, Jonghyun?" 

"You want me to you? W-w-what?!" He giggled. "Oh, boy..."

"No. I meant that as 'are you kidding me?'" He sighed, rolling his eyes. 

Jonghyun belched in response. 

"GOOD. Where and when, babeee?" 

"Nasty..." Minho had decided then that he had had enough. Jonghyun was the one person who possessed the wonderful ability to get under his skin and drive him insane. Speaking over his shoulder as he walked away, he shouted, "Have fun being drunk!" 

Sadly for Minho, the unwanted company followed behind slowly continuously shouting, asking where "he" was. The younger guessed that he was referring to Taemin. Finally after the fifth time asking, Minho turned around, looking beyond pissed. 

"I'm wondering the same thing! Stop following me. You're finding your own home without my help." 

"I'll throw up on your ing gorgeous face if you don't help! ...Wait no! Find him for me 'nd then I'll take him home! Then you can throw up in my face." 

This comment was amusing enough to cause the giant to stop and turn around, at least. 

"My gorgeous face?" He laughed. "I can tell you're drunk now. But think about it: why would I throw up in your face? I haven't been drinking, unlike you. I've been having the worst New Years ever instead!" 

"I'm the worst New Years too..I tried putting the moves on your pretty girly, but he just wanted to window shop at the mall." He giggled. "You thrown up on your face would be impossible!"

Glaring, Minho stepped closer to the shorter of the two. "Just because he wanted to window shop does not give you the right to ditch him. Besides, I thought you liked him?" Calmly, Minho massaged his temples as he continued to speak. "Geez... You're not making any sense. Remind me to never drink with you, yeah?" 

As if to make things worse, Jonghyun started to gag, making a disgusted face. Minho stepped back instinctively. 

"Ugh... Ew.. Mmm... No!" He shook his head. "He walked somewhere else, I swears! He told me he would be back then I looked everywhere for 'im!" 

Ignoring his explanation, Minho quickly snatched a plastic bag from the ground, pushing it into Jonghyun's hands. 

"Here! Use this instead of my shirt, all right?" 

"You're so ing... Nice. Oh my god! You're an angel!" He gasped, clutching the bag to his chest before dropping it to cup Minho's face in his hands. 

"Yup! An angel!" 

Trying his best to untangle Jonghyun from him, Minho spoke, at the same time paranoid that the older would vomit again. 

"Since I feel as though I'm responsible for you now... Just, come on. I'll take you to my place." He reluctantly took the other's hand, pulling him gently down the sidewalk. "But Jonghyun, keep in mind that it doesn't mean anything."

Gasping loudly, the older stopped himself, making him impossible to pull. Angrily, Minho turned around in which Jonghyun took the advantage to cup his face in his hands again. 

"Oh my..." Then, to Minho's surprise, he began to cry. It wasn't the first time he had ever seen Jonghyun cry, but it was definitely one of the few. "You ARE an angel! I can't believe this... Biggest one in heaven on earth! You're just so--" 

Before Minho knew it the blonde had thrown up. Right on the brunette's shoes. 

"S-sorry y frogg-y..." He mumbled as he slumped against Minho. 

Alarmed, Minho tried his best to sooth the older, brushing back his hair as he continued to dry heave, pretending to ignore it whenever he would try cuddling closer to the taller one's chest. 

"Don't worry. I'll take care of you, buddy." 

"Heh... Y-yeah... I don't like to be alone. Do you know how that feels? It's like... an arrow to the heart when someone walks out on you and-a-and you can't even take their hand because you're afraid you'll hurt them, because they're so delicate..." He sighed. "Like a flower... Pretty ones like roses." 

It was normal for Jonghyun to get this way whenever he was drunk, so it didn't surprise Minho much as he spoke. He always had something deep that decided to transcribe itself into him, him never being able to forget it while as Jonghyun, most of the time, didn't remember it. 

Very softly, before carrying Jonghyun on his back, Minho answered his question. 

"Yeah, I do know how it feels, buddy. It ." 

Whether or not he heard didn't matter anyway. 

 

"NO!" Minho screamed to the darkening sky above him. By now the drunk and his friend were half way down the block, leaving the brunette looking like a person who needed to visit an asylum. The memory had been from their senior year of high school, right before Minho left. Those were memories weren't allowed, he had decided that long ago. 

Running as fast as he could to clear his mind, he arrived at his apartment entering the damp, depressing place, checking his answering machine for messages right away. 

"Hey sweetie, you know who it is...." Key's voice erupted from his speakers. "Just checking in to see if you're O.K., because you've been somewhat MIA since... Well, you know what. Please give me a call. You hardly speak to any of us anymore, aside from Taemin, but he doesn't count since you guys have known each other since you were kids. I'm serious, frog, you're not the only one sad about his departure. Just do yourself and everyone else a favor and move on completely. I loved you and Jonghyun together, but things change. The stone wall should know that better than anyone, right?" 

Key's voice was a trigger to another one of Minho's flashbacks. 

 

"And let's see... Your puppy dog qualities always make me want to blush, but I have to control myself." Minho spoke into his cell phone's speaker, hearing a giggle in response. 

"My puppy qualities? That means I'm allowed to beg for things, right?" His flirtatious ways made Minho roll his eyes. 

"Mmmm... Depends." 

"On...?"

"What you beg for, of course." 

"Awww, but Minho!" A whine escaped his lips, only proving Minho's point. 

"No but's. I think it's your turn to answer now, anyway." 

There was a long pause for a few moments, enough to worry the younger, afraid that he had said the wrong thing. 

"Now this isn't fair..." Jonghyun finally spoke up, much to Minho's relief. 

"You already know I find you perfect," he continued. "I can't just choose one thing! I pick everything. There." 

Minho laughed freely, wishing he was with the blonde in person. 

"I really wish you could hold me right now..." Jonghyun spoke up, as if reading the other's mind. 

"Mmm... I'd like that. I enjoy cuddling." 

"Yeah, right! You only like it because I said I did, I bet!" 

"I guess we'll never know, huh?"

"Oh geez! You two are so freaking adorable, I think I might get jealous!" A sudden voice was heard from the background. Keeping quiet, Minho listened to their conversation. 

"Oh shush! Can't you see I'm having a conversation?" Jonghyun said teasingly. 

"As if I could forget! You've hardly been talking to me or paying attention to this board game at all." 

"Hehehe. I can't help it if my gorgeous baby is perfect. I'm having too much fun talking to him... Sorry! He's being really sweet, and considering I don't get the chance to talk to him often..."

"Geez... Where is Arisa when I need her... Minho needs to quit going on so many trips just for his damn soccer team!" 

"My apologies for being distracting." Minho suddenly cut in, somehow causing the two on the other line to burst out laughing. 

It was as if they had forgotten he was on the other line. 

 

He could reason that that memory wasn't as bad as the other that usually came to mind, but he still preferred not to think about them at all. Looking down to delete the message Key had left, he spotted a piece of paper tucked under the machine. Curiously he unfolded it and read it, regretting that decision right away. 

"Don't worry! I'll write it down for you, so you'll have your own, yeah?"

"Goddammit..." Absentmindedly he stuck the note on the fridge and headed for the shower, hoping cool water would help clear his mind. 

Mid-shower, though, the door bell rang, forcing Minho out of his bathroom with only a towel wrapped around his waist to answer the door. The person on the other side was the last person he was expecting, however. 

There stood Jonghyun, but in his place was a dull, tired blonde he almost didn't recognize. Where is the full of life blonde I once knew? Studying the older he remembered a similar look he had seen before on the same exact face. 

 

The fight was so ridiculous that Minho had forgotten what had even started it, but he couldn't get himself to stop raising his voice. 

"I would just appreciate it if you didn't involve your friends in drama that is only our business. I would also appreciate it if you didn't try hacking my online accounts!"

"You're right, that was wrong. I did something bad, but that doesn't match up to what you did. At least I didn't cheat on you!" 

"You have no right to bring that up at a time like this! I told you it was an accident! Plus, I only cheated on you once, and I even stopped one from happening when a girl was coming on to me. Everyone else was before we were together!" 

"That still doesn't change the fact that you failed to mention to her that you had a boyfriend until things got hot and steamy!"

"I figured that she knew!"

"How the hell was she supposed to know, Minho?! It's not like she knew about me or who I was!" 

"Well... I talked about you! I mentioned you quite a lot! Doesn't that count for anything?" 

"You know what? Okay. You win. I'm in the wrong here. I give up. I'm just going to leave for a little bit to clear my head. It would be appreciated that you left me alone, would you do that for me?" 

Minho nodded slightly at the request, watching as Jonghyun left his apartment. 

It wasn't until later that night that he ed up things permanently. A friend of Jonghyun's, Hyoyeon, proceeded to inform him that Jonghyun had been talking to his ex, the one Minho didn't think very highly of. 

"Behind your back Jonghyun has been promising him that they'll be together, but he just doesn't want to be a jerk and leave you. Get it now? You ed things up, pal. Good job! Not only is Jonghyun leading a good friend of mine on, but you're making this even worse! He said he didn't want you anymore and would rather be with his ex. I guess that's too bad for you." 

Without thinking, he called Jonghyun, pain swelling in his already breaking heart. Of course the other didn't answer, so he left a message that got straight to the point. 

"So, I'm hearing that you told your ex you wanted to be with him, but I was in the way. , Jong! Why didn't you tell me? I didn't want to make you unhappy! If you didn't want to be with me then you should have told me at least. I should have listened to a friend of mine when they suggested that you no longer had feelings for me. I'm not upset, I just want you to be happy, all right? Just... Why did it have to be like this? I love you, you know that. But is everything you said to me a lie then? I thought your ex made you miserable? I just don't understand. Did I honestly make you that miserable? Sorry that I got jealous and couldn't talk to you as much as you initially wanted me to. Please enlighten me because I'm dying of curiosity here." 

Hours later, Jonghyun called the younger back, though this time the younger was the one to not pick up the call (accidentally, of course). As soon as he got a hold of his cell phone, he listened to the all-too-short voicemail. 

"I can't do this. I'm leaving." 

Minho had played it off as a joke or exaggeration, trying his best not to think bad thoughts. It wasn't until the next morning when he visited Jonghyun's place that he realized his boyfriend, now ex, was telling the truth. 

That was the last time he had spoken to or seen the other no matter how hard he looked. 

 

Yet, what do you know! Here the ex-boyfriend was standing directly in front of the younger. 

"Can I be let in now?" Jonghyun snapped Minho out of his day dream. Shakily Minho let the other in, standing there awkwardly facing him as soon as he closed the front door. 

"Erm... Clothes, Minho?" Embarrassed, Minho ran to his bedroom to obey the command, only slightly concerned with how Jonghyun was acting. In any other situation Jonghyun would have made a ual comment or joke and insist that Minho keep his towel on because it gave him the excuse to admire his shirtless body... Or something along the lines of that. 

Two minutes later he entered the kitchen where he had left Jonghyun, only to see him staring at his blank metal fridge... All except for one handwritten note,  which the author was clearly reading. 

"I'm seeing someone." Jonghyun blurted out, not looking at Minho at all. Yes, it hurt, but the younger wouldn't make it known. Why so soon? Was I that easy to get over? Taemin, in his mind, was a different case when it came to his own personal affairs. 

"I see.... Are you happy?" He asked, genuinely curious about Jonghyun's well being. If he's happy then I'm happy, right? That's how loving someone is supposed to work, isn't that right?

"Yeah! Happier than I've been in a long time." He answered, the first grin he had flashed since he had gotten here appearing on his face. 

Minho said nothing, just tried to ignore the pain in his chest. Does this mean he wasn't as happy when we were together?

"C-can we still be friends, though? I still care about you." 

"Mhm. I don't think we meant to be more than that, anyway."

The comment made Minho want to cry. 

"I'm sorry for everything, Jonghyun. I was being an idiot before. It's not like I didn't have feelings for you anymore. Then and still to this day I love you, and that won't ever change. 

"Yeah, it did hurt, but I guess I somewhat deserved it. I'm sorry as well. Let's just move on from this and pretend none of this ever happened, including our relationship." 

"Psh... Of course." He bit his lip slightly, tasting the familiar metallic on his tongue. "I promised to always be there for you, so here I am. I'm not going anywhere." 

Without saying another word, Jonghyun nodded in response and let himself out of the apartment as though he were there every day. Well he practically was... Before. Dazed, Minho stumbled to bed, too exhausted to fight off the memories of the past as he drifted off to sleep. 

 

It started in the middle of high school, the friendship between him and Jonghyun. At the time he was dating Taemin, similar to how he was now, and Jonghyun had taken a liking to Taemin so attempted to stealing him away. It pissed off Minho, resulting in him strongly disliking Jonghyun for numerous reasons. 

All three of them became basically the three muskateers.... With some conflict, especially between Jonghyun and Minho. Taemin only found it hilarious. Yet, when it came to dealing with Jonghyun and his moods, Taemin and Minho had two different methods. Jonghyun always went to Taemin to get babied and to have someone listen to him, while as if he wanted reality smacked in his face he went to Minho, who was blunt and didn't sugarcoat anything. Jonghyun appreciated both, especially Minho's approach. He helped him see everything in the light, as well as people. Minho had always been good at reading people, unlike Jonghyun. Unfortunately, Minho had always had a short tolerance of people too. 

Down the road Jonghyun had somehow developed feelings for Minho as well as Taemin, but they were two different kinds of attraction. In an attempt to get closer to Minho and talk to him more he would try to piss him off quite frequently by using Taemin to provoke him. This only annoyed Minho, causing him to, or what he thought was, hate him more. 

However mean Minho was to Jonghyun, he cared for him greatly. During high school Jonghyun was in a relationship with a spoiled kid, almost too young for him. Since the day they had met Minho had a bad feeling about the annoying brat, letting the older know of this too. Most of the time he was ignored, but it came to the time when the boy had showed his true colors. Since that day Jonghyun saw Minho in different colors. 

There was more to the frog guy than he had initially thought. 

Then there was the dare from Taemin. 

"Do me a favor and kiss him, ok?" Taemin asked innocently yet totally kidding. 

But, knowing Minho, he didn't catch on. Not being able to say no to the adorable younger, he approached Jonghyun awkwardly. 

"Mmm... You know I can't say no to Taemin... He basically requested that we kiss." 

"Is it just him that asked for this, huh?"

"What?! No!"

"Relax, handsome. I'm messing with your adorable, gullible . So..." Jonghyun slowly leaned forward, preparing to cup Minho's chin in his hand. 

"Did you just call my adorable?" He asked, hoping to distract the eager older. 

He laughed slightly, pulling the other's face even closer. 

"So what if I did? It's true." It was then that Jonghyun pressed his full lips upon Minho's. The kiss lasted no more than five seconds, but to the two of them it stretched on forever... Starting something the two never dreamed of. 

"Well? Good enough?" Jonghyun pressed as soon as the kiss parted. Minho only nodded slightly in response. 

"How about taking this further?" 

"Huh?!"

"Come on... Your gorgeous body is difficult to resist." Against his better judgment, Minho allowed Jonghyun to grab his hand and lead him to his house and up to his bedroom where he had the most unforgettable night of his entire life. 

He used the excuse that he only did all of this for Taemin, which was true. It wasn't technically cheating if the significant other asked, right?

". How can you be this gorgeous?" Jonghyun commented, studying Minho's sculpted, body under the covers. 

"Your words, not mine." He mumbled as he cuddled his pillow closer to him. Sleep to him, above all else, was better than anything no matter the situation.

"Hell yeah, they're my words."

"Mmm... What about Taemin?"

"What about him?"

"Don't you have feelings for him?"

"Yeah."

"Then why not do this with him instead of me?"

"Hmm... Well, I like Taemin in a different way." Jonghyun traced Minho's ab lines slowly with his finger tips, the next words slipping off his lips like honey. "Besides," he gently kissed Minho's shoulder. "You're far more interesting than Taemin is."

That was the last thing Minho heard before he fell asleep that night, as well as when he passed out present day.

Along with Jonghyun's note clenched in his hand.

 

The morning did not come slow enough, Minho, wanting to just live in his past dreams and memories forever. A bright and cheery call from Key, however, destroyed any of those hopeful wishes. He invited the giant out to breakfast at a his favorite cute cafe... Where almost everything was drenched in shades of pink, including Hello Kitty decorations infesting the place. 

As soon as he entered, Minho wished he could retreat, but the flamboyant blonde had spotted him already. Reluctantly he made his way to where Key was frantically waving and pointing and sat down, noticing the strawberry waffles neatly arranged on his placemat... Shaped like Hello Kitty. 

"Goddammit Key. Why?" 

"Why what?" The other asked, speaking mid chew of a piece of pineapple. Minho grunted in response, giving up any effort to explain his annoyance of all of the cutesy stuff around him. 

"Get over him already." Key said bluntly, stunning Minho temporarily. He didn't need the blonde to elaborate. He knew exactly what he was talking about, and this blunt discussion with one of his closest friends was exactly what he needed. 

"Well, he's obviously moved on and so should you. He doesn't have any more feelings for you. He's made that perfectly obvious. No use in making him feel bad or putting yourself through heartbreak hell." 

For some reason Key's words did not make Minho feel any better. As soon as he was about to voice his complaint, the cafe's door chimed, and yet again Key began to wave frantically. It didn't take a genius to know who had just entered, or maybe Minho had subconsciously memorized Jonghyun's scent. Nonetheless, it was no surprise when Jonghyun plopped himself with a tall stranger across the table from him, right next to Key. Minho resisted the urge to make a comment about possibly stinking. He knew the real reason. Jonghyun wanted nothing to do with him, even if it was just the slightest accidental knee bump. Which he ever so badly wanted to do. Ah but you're better than this. 

"So I thought this would be the opportunity to introduce you to my Channie." Jonghyun declared, refusing to meet Minho's eye. 

"Aw! Aren't you two adorable?" Key cooed while resting his cheek upon the inside of his hand as if the situation was completely normal. It wasn't like the two weren't being sensitive to Minho's feelings. Nah, no one could be that cruel, right? Sarcasm dripped into Minho's thoughts as he couldn't help but to watch Jonghyun fondly nuzzle "Channie's" neck. Jealousy burned within him. He couldn't help but to remember the times when Jonghyun did that to him. He couldn't figure out what was so grand about this new boyfriend of his. One thing was for sure: he liked tall partners, but Minho was confident that his body was better built... Without looking over done, of course. This "Channie" looked lanky and awkward to him, and the sound of his voice continued to rub the giant the wrong way. 

"So, can you two read each other's minds yet?" Key laughed. 

"Pshh... Of course Chanyeol can, he's--" Jonghyun answered only to be cut off by "Channie" or Chanyeol.

"Thank you for defending me, love, but I'll have to admit that I don't know Jonghyun very well, Key." 

Key looked slightly confused, causing Chanyeol to chuckle. 

"We haven't known each other for very long... I guess I'll have to discover him over time..." 

Minho wanted to laugh aloud at this guy's cheesiness. Since when did Jonghyun enjoy it when his love interest was sappy? Didn't he find that a turn off? Did I really know him as well as I thought I did?

In the middle of Minho's sudden doubt he almost didn't catch the next thing to fly out of Jonghyun's mouth. He instantly regretted paying attention to the conversation. 

"Mmm... What kind of discovery do you mean, darling?" His innuendos dripping on those words. 

Chanyeol blushed and giggled in response, somehow being able to cough out a response at the same time. 

"You're being silly Jongie! Stop it!" He even added a playful kiss on the cheek. 

Jonghyun raised a brow, a smirk forming on his lovely features. 

"Am I? I'm pretty sure you've discovered me in more ways than one, haven't you?" 

The erted comment from him resulted in the expected reactions. Key yelling (and giggling slightly) at Jonghyun about his dirty side, Chanyeol blushing even more, and a few people around them looking in their direction.

 Surprisingly, though, Minho was taken off guard by a sudden flashback where suddenly cool green grass was at his back and a dark, star filled sky towered over him. It was one memory he thought he had forgotten. 

"And every time I tell him that we can't get back together he pulls his self harm issue up and tells me that I'm the reason. On top of that Hyoyeon is starting to take his side, but still acts as if there's something more than friendship between us." Jonghyun complaining voice rang through the air. Minho said nothing in response, allowing the other to vent more. 

"She's pressuring me not to talk to him and yet is making me feel guilty about his suicidal thoughts... I just don't... Minho, what am I going to do?!" He remembered this moment. It was before him and Jonghyun had gotten together. He had just began to break things off with his monster ex for the last time, and a new girl named Hyoyeon had magically grown overly attached and close to him. She had literally came out of nowhere. 

"You're too nice to everyone, as usual. Quit allowing them to take advantage of your dumb . You're better than that." 

"You're too nice to everyone, as usual. Quit allowing them to take advantage of your dumb . You're better than that." Minho responded, shaking his head in annoyance. He heard the other sigh and respond,

“I’m pretty pathetic, aren’t I?”

“Honestly, you can be at times, but that’s only because you let yourself get that way. You can easily prevent it. I know you… I’ve known you for awhile, and I’m more observant than I may seem. You deserve to be happy and not be miserable.” Minho sighed. “Just stop talking to your boyfriend.”

“He’s not my boyfriend anymore.”

“That’s what you always say, and guess what? YOU GUYS END UP BACK TOGETHER AGAIN.”

Jonghyun sat there silent for a few moments. Minho, in the meantime, busied himself with staring at the bright blue sky above, wishing that he wasn’t having this conversation with Jonghyun right now. It was always the same, it seemed.

“You’re right. You’re always right, Minho. How is that? You’re just so perfect.” Jonghyun turned toward Minho on his side, continuing his speech. “You know me better than I know myself.” He laughs and brings his hand up to Minho’s head slowly, running his fingers carefully through the younger’s hair.

“But… I know next to nothing about you. I mean, of course I know you, but I don’t KNOW you. You’re like a jigsaw puzzle that is taking me forever to piece together. I’ve never met anyone like you before. It intrigues me, makes you so damn interesting… Ever since I’ve met you I’ve thought that.” Minho watched as the older ran his finger across his bottom lip, staring only at Minho’s lips. He felt his heart pounding, but he didn’t know why. He only thought of Jonghyun as an annoying friend of his, nothing more.

“But you know what? I’m determined to piece together your whole puzzle, and I will never give up. You interest… and attract me too much to stay away. I’ll figure you out one day, whether that be sooner or later.” To the younger’s surprise, Jonghyun leaned in slowly, attempting to kiss him, only for Minho to move away just in time, so his lips land on his pale cheek instead. In response, Jonghyun laughs.

“You’re teasing me again.” Minho stated.

“I can’t help it. You’re just too ing gorgeous to resist.”

Minho scoffed at the comment with a roll of his eyes, smirking a little as he told the other, “You better watch out. I might not take you seriously, but one day someone will when you do things like that. It could cause a misunderstanding that might hurt them in the end.”

Jonghyun only chuckled, muttering, “It wouldn’t be a misunderstanding with you…” Confused, Minho narrowed his eyes, but Jonghyun only smiled and responded innocently and proceeded to tackle the taller of the two as if he hadn’t said anything at all.

Suddenly Minho was back to the present, now somehow outside the restaurant, forgetting how he got there. Sighing, he took out a cigarette from his pocket and lit it, breathing in the toxic fumes. He was too into himself that he didn't notice the figure sitting next to him. 

"You smoke now, huh?" Jonghyun chuckles, tossing his head back. Minho shrugs, not making his surprise obvious. He was too busy trying to control his rapidly beating heart. 

" happens." He muttered in response, taking a long drag of the cancer stick. 

"Would you like to enlighten me?" 

"Naw. Enlightening people will only cause more ."

After several silent moments Jonghyun sighed and held out his hand, asking for a cigarette in the most discreet way possible. Raising a brow in surprise, Minho handed the other a cigarette and lit it for him, resuming back to his own after the generous offer. 

Yet again another silence went by as Jonghyun took a small puff from the stick, causing Minho to laugh slightly. Immediately his face grew into one of disgust, throwing the nicotine stick to the ground and crushing it with his shoe.

“How can you stand this?!” Jonghyun coughed.

“It’s an acquired taste.” Minho responded, taking another drag from his cigarette, him, of course, not coughing whatsoever.

An awkward silence then pursued.

Until Jonghyun interrupted it.

“Are you addicted?”

“Naw.”

“How?”

“I’m just that talented.”

“More than you realize.” Jonghyun muttered, Minho not sure if he heard him correctly. Even so, he smirks, well aware that the other didn’t think he had heard him at all. I have the upper hand, huh? Yet another awkward silence takes place

“You’ve always been a mystery to me.” Jonghyun then stated out of the blue.

Minho narrowed his eyes slightly, not liking to be called out.

You?”

“Well, and everyone else. It takes so much effort to simply crack one of your walls, though.” Jonghyun rambled.

“Sounds about right.” Minho said coldly.

“...You sound like the old Minho.”

After not hearing a response from the younger, Jonghyun continued.

“It’s for the best, now that I think about it. Well,” Smoothly, Jonghyun got up and stretched, flashing a huge smile at Minho before saying, “I better get back inside. I have to help Chanyeol move in.”

Minho watched, clearly pissed off, as the other walked away.

“Lack sensitivity, why don’t you?” He scoffed, putting out the of the cigarette finally. Though, out of the corner of his eye, he saw Jonghyun stop in his tracks. Feeling slightly smug, Minho smirked. For some reason he was glad the other had heard him.

Maybe he’ll apologize…

Just as soon as the thought escaped his mind, Jonghyun turned around and flashed a small smile in the taller’s direction before heading inside to join the others… Most importantly Chanyeol.

Feeling majorly disappointed, Minho sat there for a while thinking about the puppy’s irresistible smile. It always killed him… He just wanted it out of his mind for once.

When will this end? The question haunted him as the days passed, and worse, the more he saw Chanyeol and Jonghyun together. Hand in hand. Killing him slowly inside.

Why can’t I get over you?


 

There you go.~ Sorry it took so long, but originally my "Beginning" was super long! So, to make things go a little faster, I cut it down a bit. Now the next few chapters may or may not be the same length. 

Don't worry! It gets much better! I know it seems boring now, but I promise you it'll get better! (: <3

Want to read a completed fiction by me in the mean time time? Maybe you like yuri? 
Try A Beautiful Memory Lapse 

Maybe another Jongho fiction? (This one isn't completed, however. I may or may not complete it...)
Hidden Beauty

In the mean time the next chapter will hopefully be up soon!