Out of My Mind

The Writer

Krystal POV 

     When I get to school, I head to my locker quickly, as usual, and take my seat in homebase. Ever since the beginnig, I've sat at the opposite side of the room from everyone else. Most of the people in the room know that this is not like me. They've seen me in other classes with Amber, Luna, Victoria, and Sulli, so they know I'm not quiet. The only thing is... They're not here now. I know I need to be more reliant on myself, but for some reason, I find it really difficult to go up to someone and talk. Who knows why... But it's something I really need to work on.

     The bell rings, and I stand up to walk out. The hallway is crowded, and I don't pay attention to anyone as I walk blindly along my course. When someone taps me on the shoulder, I turn my head slowly, only to reveal Sulli. She smiles, and begins to tell me something about what happened on her bus, but our road fork comes earlier than I thought it would. we say goodbye, and go our seperate ways. The locker room has always been something that I hate. Not only do I hate undressing, but I hate the people that I have to deal with. 

     During gym adrenaline seems to run through my veins for once. That boy I saw on the bus is still on my mind. Something about him made me run faster. His attitude intimidated me, but it made me more curious. Him being so close to me earlier was painful somewhere in my heart. Why? This all added to my whole situation with Kris, and thanks that one moment, I'm even more confused than I was when Kris broke it off with me so suddenly. Luhan... I think to myself. The name brings back some sort of a memory. But what could that boy possibly have to do with me. 

     In science class, the teacher lectures us about the brain and it's connection to our outside world. The part of the brain that controld out memory is quite large... Why does mine seem to be so disfunctional...? I thought. I nearly slapped myself for thinking that. All of a sudden, the door opens, and I stop breathing. Kris walks in, followed by the boy; Luhan. Luhan had a notebook, and looked me in the eye. I stiffened, then Kris stepped infront of him to have a word, blocking him from view. After a little while, Luhan came over, sitting diagonally from me. 

"What are you doing here?" I asked quietly 

Luhan smirked, then his face became one of a smartass. "Wae? Andwae?" 

I didn't know what to say. 

"Krystal." I hear someone say.

When I look up, I forget all about Luhan. It's Kris.