Sunbae?

The Writer

Krystal POV

     My words get lost, and all of a sudden, I feel like I'm going to cry. He hasn't looked me in the eyes since the last time we had met up as  a couple. He haven't sopken to each other for that long either, so why talk now? I look down again. 

"hm?"

"You and Luhan know each other?" I drop my pencil. I feel Luhan next to me begin to get tense. 

When I open my mouth to answer, Luhan cuts me off. "I don't know her."

"Well you do from now on, were doing an mixed-grade project for the finals."

      So he's in a different grade... I nod, and the Teacher finally speaks up. 

"I assume you've all met your groups now, so I'll tell you what we're doing. All of the groups that have gathered here are to complete a research project instead of taking a final exam." She says. "We are joined with a class from a grade up, so I want you all to respect you sunbae. Arraso?" 

"Yes." We all answer.

     So Sunbae, huh? I think. The teacher continues to explain a few things, and then proceeds to hold a question/answer section. All the questions seem similar, so I ship my attention to my notebook wich has been sitting in my lap. When I pick up my pencil, I find a blank page, and begin to write. 

     Can you see my heart and my tears? I want you to see what you've done. Look at how much power you have over someone's will to go forward. Look at how you've broken me. Are you refusing to see my saddness? Why can't I see it? Why can't I see that someday, you might miss me the way I miss you. Why can't I see myself turning away from you? Why can't I picture you hurt this way? I hope, so much that it burns, that maybe one day, you'll know how much feelings like this hurt. I think of you all the time, do you do the same? If so, why are you so cold? I doubt you even care. But when your tears flow, I don't want to look back. I wish I can move on, all this pain I have is such a burden. You'll always be the one who had hurt me the most. A memory that burns me every time I think of it. I won't ever forget how you made me feel. I hope you know that. I hate that I cry, what have you done to me-

"Yah!" My head snapps up. 

"Are you going to help think of a research topic, or what?" Luhan askes. I nod.

"I say we do something animal-related." Kris suggests. 

"How about something to do with physical health." Luhan argues.

All of a sudden, I blurt out. "Reactions."

"What?"

Thinking quickly, I say "Maybe we can research the different responses that different organisms hold to a given stimuli."

     Now they're both staring at me. Kris has his eyebrows raised. I was never very good at science, but something about the topic made me want to know more of his response to our break up, and why maybe I reacted more intensely. 

"That sounds good." Luhan concluded. This, earning a glance from Kris who also nods. 

     The bell rings seconds after all this. Then, all of us are on our feet, and walking out the door. I watch Luhan who goes over to another boy who happens to be on my bus. I feel my stomach rumble, and hear to my locker before going down to the lunch room. There, I meet up with Sulli, Luna, and Amber. They smile at me, and Amber throws an arm around my shoulder.

"You're still sulking about that idiot?"

I force a smile, and shove her playfully. Luna jumps infront of me, and drags me over to the line to get food. While there, I notice Sulli staring at someone a few people infront of us. I raid my eyebrows, and whisper to her. 

"So who you staring at?" I smirk.

"Shut up" She says back. "That guy's a jerk." I walk slightly forward. 

"What's his name?"

"He just moved here." She replies. "Jongin- people call him Kai though."

"Ahh.. I see." 

     When we get off the line, I notice that Kai walked over to the same tabel as Kris. Hm. Not surprised that the two jerks will sit together. I laugh quietly, and sit down next to Luna. 

"So who'd you guys get for your finals groups?" Amber asks.

"Oh! I got Baekyun and some Sunbae named Xiumin!" Luna said. Her exitement surprises all of us. 

"Why so happy?" Amber says while laughing. 

"Baekyun is kind of cute...." She mumbles, and looks down. The rest of us smile, but say nothing.

"What about you, Sulli?" I ask.

"I got Tao, and Kai Sunbae." She makes a face at Kai's name, and all of us laugh.

"I got Sehun, and Chen Sunbae." Amber tells us.

"What about you, Krystal?" Luna nudges me.

"I got Kris..." I reply.

They gasp, but Sulli presses on. "And...?"

"Luhan Sunbae." I say, My voice shakes, and I don't know why.

They all freeze, and it takes me a moment to turn around.


GOODNESS...... SUCH A LONG CHAPTER... Hahaha... ^^ Anyways, I finally got all my outlines set up, so I'll start updating more! Hope you enjoy the story!!