The Man With Red Hair

Lost Romeo (1004) [Hiatus]

 

Thursday 20th May 20XX – London, Soho

 

 

 

The red-head wonders through the streets in the dead of night, looking around as he walks. Men from their late teens to their early thirties are left scattered about on the frozen, dark streets. The same can be said about the woman who are also there, but compared to the men, they are in their respectable groups. They chat and laugh about life as the young man no more than in his mid-twenties continues making his nightly walks. He keeps his head down like usual when he realises there are some people looking at him. Strange looks was something he didn’t care since he’s grown use to them but it was the ones which were different that he didn’t like. The ones that looked at him like he was a piece of meat, the lustful stares were the ones he couldn’t handle.

 

 

 

“Hey there y. Alone tonight?” He hears a voice. One lady strays from the pack and moves over to him. Her perfume is strong and so is her make up. The cold doesn’t seem to affect her as what she’s wearing wouldn’t be classified as ‘warm’. Her body is wrapped up with a single piece of fabric that outlines her figure a bit too much and falls just under the line (if you know what I mean). The print isn’t very favourable, having the print of a leopard, one that man despises. She’s nothing like her. The man thinks to himself. He stops his walk to answer the girl who is smiling from ear to ear as he turns to her.

 

 

 

“No, I’m looking for something.” He smiles at the other before turning away. In some ways, that was true. Yes, he was looking for someone but he knew that someone was someone he could no longer find. She is no longer in this world. The red head tries to walk on but the girl has other plans. It had been some time since she was a man of her type. Freezing her off was something she didn’t mind doing if there person was right. Now that she’s found him, there was no way she was going to let him get away. She grabs him by the wrists and leans forward to his ear while on her tiptoes.

 

 

 

“What you’re looking for is right here.” She whispers and wraps his hand around her waist. Sunggyu feels a shiver down his spine. No, you’re not. He bit his lip to stop himself from speaking the words he so badly wanted to. As he tries to shake the feeling off, the girl notices his reaction to her. She smirks, thinking she’s got him wrapped around her little finger.

“Why don’t we have some fun?” She moves back to look at his face, only to be met by shock. Rage was the only thing she could see in the man’s eyes. His eyes stared right into hers’ with nothing but pure hatred for her entire existence. His body shook hard, as if trying to stop himself with all his might from ripping her head off her slim, pale neck. The young woman stood frozen for a bit before dropping her bag and running to the opposite direction to where she came from. Sunggyu could hear her friends call her from afar, asking what had happened. One of them even ran over to Sunggyu to retrieve the abandoned bag that belonged to her friend. He did nothing but continued on with his walk. This wasn’t the first time he was stopped. Lucky for this girl, it ended a lot better than the last girl who approached him in such a manner.

 

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

 

 

It was nearing 12am when Sunggyu decided it was best to turn in for the night. He had been walking for a good two hours doing nothing but wasting time as each day went by in his life. It only took 27 minutes for Sunggyu to walk from Soho to his house but he enjoyed taking his time and wondering around the unseen streets of London. It was something that others would never do, scared that something could happen that might end their sad little lives. Sunggyu could only laugh. Who in their right mind would want to carry on? There was nothing worth living for.

The mornings were always the hardest. Soft light blinded him every waking day. How long had it been since he was like that? The light was something he no longer welcomed. Every new day made it harder for him to forget about her. The softness of her lips, her gentle voice and her beautiful smile. He wished to forget it but he couldn’t. She was his whole world.

 

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

 

 

Sunggyu turned to the house on his left and reached the famous Baker Street. He proceeded to take his keys out as he walked closer to home. The house was white on the outside with a black door, typical for a house in central London, especially on Baker Street. Black railings separated him from his neighbours but that was all. Everything else was joined by the hip. The walls, they also shared but Sunggyu didn’t care. As long as there was a roof over his head, he didn’t mind how close his neighbours were to him, even if he did prefer to be alone.

There was a reason why Sunggyu chose to live here. He wanted to be as far but as close as he could to that place as he could. The very place they first met.  

 

 

 

After fumbling through his coat and trouser pockets, he opened his front door and stepped inside his house. Unlike a normal home, his one was almost empty. A T.V he barely used, a white sofa in front of it and a couple of dark brown shelves that homes his large collection books that he’s collected over the years. His kitchen was small but he didn’t need much. All there was, was stove with an oven, a fridge and a microwave. He had a few built-in cupboards that held utilises and cutlery but most of the time he would eat out. His room was an open room that overlooked everything that was below. Directly beneath it was Sunggyu’s bathroom which was the place he spent most of the time if he wasn’t in his bed. After all, his home was only used for sleeping and showering. Nothing else was needed and nothing else was ever added to the place he called his ‘home’.

 

 

 

“You should forget about her.” A voice spoke out to him from behind. He knew very well who it was. Sunggyu turned around to see Minho sitting on the wooden railing of his bedroom.

 

 

 

“That’s not something for me to decide, Minho.” The elder laughed quietly and threw his jacket on the sofa before propping himself down next to it. Minho remained poker faced as he jumped down from second floor and landed right beside Sunggyu but remained standing. He looked down at his friend, unable to speak.

 

 

 

“And why’s that?” The raven asked after a while of silence. Minho leaned down to meet Sunggyu’s face which was laid back on the top of the sofa. His eyes were closed but Minho knew Sunggyu could see him.

Minho was the only person Sunggyu could call a friend. Despite the teasing he received because of his red hair, the time he told him he had done the unspeakable by falling in love with another person to the time he met his ultimate downfall by murdering a third of the unknown Archangels. Throughout all that, Minho stuck to him like a good friend would. Their friendship was frowned upon as the latter came from a respectable background with his father being one of the Seraphim angels but that didn’t stop Minho from seeing his friend. Even now, just breathing the same air as Sunggyu could land him in major trouble that could result in exile.

 

 

 

“What are you even doing here? You shouldn’t be here.” Sunggyu groaned whiles tousling his hair. He leaned forward to meet the eyes of his friend who also leaned back to give the two some space. For everything the other had done for Sunggyu, having him exiled would be the last thing Sunggyu wanted to do to his friend. If it meant breaking their ties, the elder wouldn’t mind doing it but he knew Minho wasn’t going to have it. Despite looking all kind and respectable, Minho can be a real stubborn at times, especially when it comes to Sunggyu.

 

 

 

“I’m on a mission.” He spoke in a matter of fact way. Sunggyu looked at him, almost not believing him before he groaned again and fell back on his sofa. Today hadn’t been a good day for Sunggyu. Having Minho was a blessing and a curse, especially on a day like this. The last time they talk was 10 years ago when Minho was sent on a mission to sort out one of the fallen angel’s outbursts here on earth. He had heard from another angel (who was only there to tease Sunggyu) that on Minho’s way back from his mission, the Seraphim’s had found out about their meeting and had banned Minho from taking any more missions for the next  century. To be honest, their meeting right now had been a surprise to Sunggyu but he was not in the mood to talk.

 

 

 

“Then go and do it!” He raised his voice at the other. Minho continued to look at the other, not blinking once before he finally let out a sigh. He really didn’t want to tell him but seeing Sunggyu suffer like this hurt him, hard. Minho bit his lip and said the words no one expected him to say.

 

 

 

“I found her.” Silence took over the room they currently occupied. It took a few seconds for Sunggyu to register what the younger had just said.

 

 

 

“WHAT?!” Sunggyu stood up abruptly from the sofa, almost losing his footing. He grabbed onto Minho’s shoulders and pulled the young angel close to him. It had been 200 years since they last saw each other. 200 years of being alone, 200 years of searching for the one he lost. Now, all of a sudden, Minho comes into his house uninvited and tells him he’s found her. He didn’t know whether to laugh or cry. Mixed emotions ran through Sunggyu’s veins. The first emotion he had was denial.

“No…Are you sure? There must be a mistake, right?” The red head’s eyes were wide opened. Minho couldn’t bear to continue looking and turned away from the desperate man in front of hm.

 

 

 

“No, there’s no mistaking it. It’s her.” It was rare for Sunggyu to be the one who is shocked and Minho, calm. The roles were almost always reversed with Sunggyu always calm and collected. However, just the mention for her could make Sunggyu turn into a totally different person. One that even his friend couldn’t recognise. No…No…She’s here? She’s finally here…

 

 

 

“Y-you have to take me to her! Where is she?” For the first time in 200 years, Sunggyu felt hopefully. Their time together was short but he held her close to his heart. The day she died, Sunggyu died with her. Now that she was here, Sunggyu no longer had to be alone. He could be with her, together.

 

 

 

“I can’t.” Sunggyu felt anger rise up as soon as he heard Minho’s words. His grip on Minho grew harder but the pain didn’t bother Minho.

 

 

 

“What?! WHY NOT?!” The red-head shouted.

 

 

 

“Because…”

 

 

 

“Because? WHY? WHY CAN’T I SEE HER?”

 

 

 

“You won’t like it hyung.” Minho did his best but he couldn’t tell him. How could he? Sunggyu fell in love with her but she’s no longer… her. She was a different person.

 

 

 

“What are you talking about?”

 

 

 

“She doesn’t even remember you. There’s a chance she won’t feel the same way for you again!” He argued his way through to the other but Sunggyu wouldn’t back down. They were like two lions in a pack fighting it out. None would back down.

 

 

 

“I don’t care Minho. Even if it’s the last time, I want to see her again.” Sunggyu’s moods went up and down in a split second. One second he was shouting, another second he’s begging. Minho couldn’t take it.

 

 

 

“Please hyung, don’t do this to me.” Minho begged. Sunggyu was surprised by the raven’s words. Seeing her wasn’t going to do any harm. The way he begged, the way he acted, something was up.

 

 

 

“W-what? What are you talking about? I just want to see her.”

 

 

 

“I TOLD YOU, SHE’S CHANGED! She’s no longer…her.” He spat. The very second he said it, the raven regretted his words.

 

 

 

“What? I don’t care. As long as her soul is still there, I don’t care.” Even after all that, Minho couldn’t win. In the end, he was left with no choice but to give up. He swallowed hard before speaking.

 

 

 

“Fine! But when you see her that will be you're last time.”

 

 

 

“What are you hiding from me?” Sunggyu has known Minho for lord knows how long. Everything he did, the way his lips moved to the way he talked, Sunggyu could tell if the other was lying or hiding something from him. The last time? No, it wasn’t going to be the last time. This was only the beginning of their story. Sunggyu wasn’t going to let it end so quickly.

“MINHO! TELL ME RIGHT NOW!”

 

 

 

“She’s my mission.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

An update here and an update in 'Pandora's Box'. I am happy :D :D :D (Go check out the fic if you haven't!)

Comment, Subcribe and upvote! Thank you so much and I will do my best with the next update~~~

 

-AV~