What If

Distorted Memories

"Are you sure this is a good idea?" Sehun worriedly questioned Tao. 

"Yeah, come on, what's wrong about a simple check-up?"

"I..umm..come on.. we have a lot of home..work!" Sehun stammered. 

"Nah you're being silly," Tao joked, walking faster.

Just when Sehun was about to give a sigh of relieve, Tao abruptly turned back and gave Sehun a small peck on his temple.

"Everything is gonna be okay. Everyhting." Sehun thought to himself, calming his heart as anxiety is going overload.

Sehun must be good at acting because Tao still joyfully smiled as they walk to the medical center. He's good at covering up his 99 problems, all 99 of them are his sickness, his curse. But he knows that death is not of them. I'm pretty sure I told you that he isn't worried about his death, but the grief that was heading towards his loved ones. And his condition isn't helping either, and thanks to that the grief is heading towards them like a torpedo. 

"I better start learning braille," Sehun worriedly thought, knowing that it would not be long before he turned blind. 

_

"Hyung, can we do separate check ups? It'll save time as I really need to get back to the dorm fast because the report on boring old people is due next week. And I haven't even pressed a single button on that keyboard." Sehun lied. He did not hesitate at all, those words just automatically exploded from his mouth, he had no control over it.

"That's a shame because I kinda wanted to do a couple check up but then, I respect you and your needs," Tao replied as he grabbed Sehun's broad shoulders.

Definitely, his gentleman act did make Sehun's heart flutter a bit a lot actually. 

As they went into separate rooms for their check up, Tao quickly wrote down a note.

"Sehun-ah, whatever you get, whatever sickness it is, please tell me honestly," the note read,"but I know, that you are perfectly fine, from head to toe.<3" 

"Please pass this to Mr. Oh Sehun, the man doing a check up in the room next door." Tao handed the note over to a nurse.

-

Meanwhile, negativity popped inside Sehun's head as he walked through the door.

"Doctor, can you please do me a favour?" Sehun asked as he sat down on the chair. "It's really important."