He Knows, He Knows Not

Distorted Memories

"Hyung, wake up, wake up," Sehun whispered into Tao's ear. "We have to get ready for another 7 hours of hell."

Tao woke up due to Sehun's morning alarm. His expression was not right, unlike his usual bubbly self. 

"What's wrong, hyung?" Sehun asked, worried. He was also uneasy, with thoughts like "What if he knew?".

"Nothing, I just feel sick," Tao lied to Sehun. He knows something is not right.

"You just need some pampering, hyung," Sehun changed the topic, not wanting to discuss it. "Ditch?" 

"Ditch," Tao replied back with a smile.

_

Sehun's POV

"Hyung, now is not the time for you to know. Let's just be happy while I'm still alive. I'm not dead, yet" Sehun thought to himself.

-

Their relationship was different. Some people hated them because of it, however, they ignored haters as if they were invisible because the saying goes: You only live once, haters to the left. For them, it's "hyung" that's romantic, not "oppa". Many of them who think that way would fear the world would not accept them, but then, the fact is that they should be brave beacuse love is love, no matter what gender. And what was beautiful is the fact that they believed in the truth, the reality, the fact.

Ditching school, they went out to a cafe far from hell. The uneasy feeling could not let go Sehun's heart. And I guess the gods were frowning on Sehun.

Tao spoke up, "Last night, when I went back to bed, I dreamed that you had cancer." As he said that, his eyes turn red and tears started filling it. "And what was worse was that you didn't tell me, until the last moment when you were dying, not even when you started dying."

Sehun felt the guilt trying to go up his throat and escape Sehun's body as words. However, that force controlling him at that moment decided to swallow it back and bottle it up inside his heart. 

Sehun lied again, "It's just a dream, hyung. Let go of your worries and enjoy life's happy moments, like now, because you don't know when you're going to face your worst fears and grief." Maybe Tao doesn't know, but Sehun has a vision in his mind already. "Time is our worst enemy," Sehun added. However, I don't think those five words escaped, like the guilt which lost to the force.

"I love you, Sehun," Tao abruptly said. "I'm saying this because I fear that I would not be able to say this to you."

"I love you too, hyung," Sehun replied Tao's abrupt message, "forever and ever."