Promise

Distorted Memories

The thought "What if he knows?" is still going around Sehun's head. Anxiety, fear and guilt filled up Sehun's heart and mind.

It's hard to act okay when you're not okay. Especially when your vision is deteriorating, like Sehun's.

Still, trying hard to change the topic, Sehun decided to bring Tao to a bookstore. However, still negativity kept on popping inside Sehun's head. He could only wish upon his stars that this trip wouldn't be the last for him with Tao.

Actually dying is not a problem for Sehun because he thought that this was what God had given him. Maybe he was destined to live this way. However, the problem is the grief that was heading towards Tao and his family. He knew people would not get over his death and move on so quickly, because he knows how it feels to lose someone special.

"I am like a grenade," Sehun thought to himself. 

But why does he have to care so much about Tao? Why does he not want him to grief and feel the pain of losing someone special? It's because of the past. Erasing memories is harder than making new memories. The happiness Tao had given him is something he could not buy with money. When Sehun feels insecure, Tao erases all those insecurities and makes him feel secure. It was another thing that could not be bought with money. No matter how rich someone is, you cannot have that feeling unless you have someone that truly loves you no matter what- the way Tao does to Sehun and Sehun does to Tao.  They would be willing to walk through your storm. These people are called true love, and I believe they are worth a million dollar. 

"Hyung, after you," Sehun held the door for Tao upon arriving the bookstore. 

"Thank you Sehun-yah," Tao gleefully replied Sehun back. Apparently, it seemed like those worries cleared away from Tao's mind as he had his smile across his face. But then, Sehun himself could not really make sure because Tao might be hiding those feelings inside, bottling it up inside his heart. Of course, between those two options, Sehun prefers the first one. 

Hiding his anxiety, Sehun drags Tao to the stationary section to get couple school supplies. Immediately after reaching, they turn playful and excited as if they were little kids. I guess, they are actually still young people. Sehun looked back to call Tao as he found this nice pen. However, when Sehun looked at him, grief was shown through Tao's expression. 

"What's wrong, hyung?" Sehun asked as his was concern. He walked towards Tao to see what's the matter.

Tao, instead of replying simply pointed at this strip of paper. It was a project made by a foundation for those suffering cancer. Tao stammered, "That.. dream.mm.. You are okay, right? Sehun please don't lie to me, I trust you and I love you."

"Yes, hyung, everything's okay. I promise, and a promise is a promise," Sehun replied back. Lies exploded from his mouth.

Sehun could only give Tao a comforting hug at the moment and continued, "It's a promise."