Rivals

JANUS - (Jo Twins Boyfriend Kpop Fanfic)

Rivals

Rynoir's POV

Adjusting to our new environment is really hard for me and Noiryn specially when we always need to keep in mind that we should pretend to be 'twins'. The amazed look on everyone whenever they see us is just priceless. If they only knew the truth behind our looks... No one would realize that Noiryn is just a prisoner sent in a mission to accompany me, North Korea's princess, to chase back the heir princes, who we suspect to be Jo Twins. Noiryn never looks like me but because we have the same body built and we did some sort of a training on becoming alike, plus a plastic surgery to copy my face, everyone is convinced we're surely twins.

She sure has a lot of sacrifices but it's also advantageous to her because this mission means freedom from prison camp. Accompanying me is not actually a punishment but bliss to her and she seems to enjoy it. She really enjoys getting the attention of the ulzzang twins while I enjoy reading books and studying things that I never have known in my life. A lot of things are not taught at schools in North Korea. I hunger for education of all sorts that I spend all my time in the library.

In a months time, Noiryn got their attention, especially the dongsaeng, Kwangmin. She said the twins are approachable specially Youngmin but Kwangmin is showing interest to date her so she started connecting with him right away.

Now that Kwangmin is little by little falling for Noiryn's trap, I'm feeling carefree. We just need to take back at least one of the princes so the Great Leader could transfer the crown to him... Just one prince and I can go back home... End of all my hardships. For now I have to continue school life while Noiryn is doing the mission capture-the-prince-by-his-heart-and-take-him-back-to-north-korea thing.

"And here goes the subject I hate the most!" I muttered under my breath as I took my History book from my locker to get to my next class. Noiryn must've hated me that's why she put History on my subjects while she herself didn't take it.

"You mean you hate History subject?" I almost jumped out of my skin when I heard a familiar voice from somewhere. I turned to look and saw an ever so handsome smile pasted on Youngmin's face.

"Sorry to scare you..." He immediately apologized when he realized I was indeed scared. I think by now, people in this school knew that I was the low profile twin who usually speaks to herself more than she speaks to others... 4D..sort of..but not in a funny or cool way..I'm more on the creepy side.

"No worries." I just gave him a polite nod and gestured to excuse myself because he's blocking my way.

"You really don't speak much..." He commented as he strides to make way for me. I just smiled simply at him and walked away.

The professor handed our test papers back to start with. Last time he surprised us with that 'test' before lesson and everyone seemed unprepared...I haven't studied myself but if they only knew, since God knows when, I'm studying history...like my whole life it's been part of my daily schedule as a princess of North.

"Jo Kwang Min, got the highest score among the boys. Five incorrect items out of 80 questions... Very impressive." He said before handing Kwangmin his papers. I saw him smiled satisfyingly in the corner of my eyes but that smile immediately faded when professor came to me.

"Among the girls... And the entire class... actually the entire level because I'm handling all the sections in 1st year, Ms. Kim got the highest score... Surprisingly, she got all 80 items correct." The professor raised the paper to show it to class. This made me feel awkward to the point I bowed down a little to hide myself when I hear whisperings.

"Hyung said you hate this subject?" Suddenly, Kwangmin who is sitting just opposite me, leaned down to whisper to himself.

I knitted my brows and thought, that Youngmin guy remember such details about me? Is he observant or he really is taking notes of those things? Am I being too suspicious?

"You got it right..." He snapped after a while which made me more confused.

"I think so too." He added while nodding helplessly.

What the heck I haven't spoken yet. What is this guy talking about? Does he read my mind?

I smirked and folded my paper as professor walked away to distribute other papers to our classmates. Everyone clapped for me which made me looked down. I feel so shy. I just wanted to be the 'unnoticed' one so I can do whatever I want without much issue.

"Why do you hate history?" This time, Kwangmin is talking to me and not to himself which surprised me because we haven't talked like normal schoolmates do even if I know there is something going on between him and Noiryn.

"It brings me back to my time... You know, I'm actually from a different time... I just used time machine!" I whispered seriously with widened eyes to sound scary.

'Ha! That would surely creep him out and he won't bother me again!' I smiled inwardly as Kwangmin's eyes started to become big with such amazement.

"Really?! You have a time machine?... I knew it! It exists!" He snapped excitedly which made me frustrated. He actually believed that?!

Being on my silly mode I decided to just play along with this fella. Besides, those innocent eyes actually absorbing all I said is something to gaze at. I realized he may looked like the wild and y guy between the two of them but truthfully, Kwangmin is the princely one. Jo twins looks are misleading. Youngmin may have the princely appearance but his attitude is of a tough guy.

Thinking for a while, an idea hit me. I grabbed my necklace and showed him the pendant. It was a heart shaped pendant made of silver. It is a locket but you will never see any mark that it can be opened. There is a secret on how to open it that only me and my childhood friend (who left me and never returned by the way) know.

"This. As long as I have this I can stay here in your time and my partner who has the same necklace will be here also. If we found each other we can go back to our real time...." I maintained my creepy smile and he maintained those innocent look.

"Wow...... I think we have that same necklace at home... Yeah! I remember!" He pointed out. Now he's the one who creeped me out!

"No, this may look ordinary but this is one of a kind... As far as I know there are only two left...one is mine, the other is with my...." I stopped when my confusing past refreshed again.

"With your...?" He is enthusiastic to know.

"....my prince." I uncautiously voiced out what is supposed to be just on my mind.

"Huh?" He seemed not to hear it clear.

"Never mind." I laughed sarcastically, realizing he's still buying my little funny lies about me coming from a different time.

"You're crazy.." I added.

His curious face became serious. He looked down and sadly smiled.

"Hey... I didn't mean to offend." I was guilty.

"Aniyo... I'm fine. I'm used to people calling me crazy... I don't mind." He smiled but I still think he's upset. Perhaps I should make up?

"Honestly... I didn't mean to offend." I sincerely said but again, he gave me that disappointed smile.

I don't know why but since that incident I wasnt able to concentrate. After class, I feel so distracted I need something to keep my focus.

"Noiryn-ah, classes all done. I'll be in the library." I called Noiryn while returning some of my books in my locker.

Kwangmin is also busy with his locker which is just beside mine. He's so quiet I couldn't help but think he's still offended on what I said before so I tried to speak but he cut me off.

"You know, I wonder how could you say I'm crazy when you're 4D yourself.." He turned to me just when I opened my mouth to say something. I froze for a while, absorbing what he said.

"I knew it.. I offended you." My shoulders when down as I breathed heavily, blowing away some hair strands off my forehead.

He just looked away and turned back to his stuffs. I really don't know what's on his mind right now but I need to make it up to him. Since he's acting childish, maybe I should also offer a childish truce?

"Hey..." I gathered up my courage and tapped his shoulder. When he looked up, I smiled sweetly, "Let's have lunch together. My treat. Truce?"

"Are you....." He rolled his gaze upwards like a child hardly thinking of something that he needs to understand, "...asking me on a date?"

As expected, I know he would understand it like that coz I sound like someone asking a lady on a date.

"No. I said LUNCH." I emphasized to make it clear I'm not flirting or something.

"Okay." He simply said and turned back to his locker.

I shrugged and gave my locker a final check before closing it. Kwangmin did the same and when we're all set, the crazy citizen was awakened. He suddenly became cheerful. Too cheerful he grabbed my hand as if we're 'that' close of a friend and amost literally dragged me to the school canteen while laughing crazily like a child.

'If you're not a North prince I will have you executed for treating me like this! And for holding my hand without asking permission!' I told myself as I tried to match his strides. He's taller and has longer legs. I need to take larger steps so I won't fall down and kiss the floor.

He didn't mind the surprised looks on the people inside the canteen as we went in. He stopped on a table where some guys are gathering. After quickly looking at them, my eyes hit Noiryn who's also looking surprised. Maybe because this is the first time she sw me let a guy treat me like this? Or maybe because she's expecting me to be in the library?

"Look who's with me!" Kwangmin proudly announced and gestured his hands as if saying "tadaaaa!"

"Cool... First time we'll see Kim twins enjoying meal together." One of the guys said. I came to realize he was Donghyun... Boyfriend members are here in campus today.

"Have a seat." Kwangmin grabbed one of the empty chairs and pushed my shoulders down. I have no choice but to obey him but how dare he holding my shoulders like he has all the rights! I mean, he can't just touch me whenever he wants or wherever he wants!

I was so pissed I decided to just shut up even if I want to ask where is Kwangmin's twin brother. Boyfriend members are friendly though. They introduced themselves and tried to open up a light conversation. I think they knew I was soaloof to people and they wanted me to feel co fortable and welcome. On the other hands, Noiryn is looking at me awkwardly. She doesnt seemed to like my presence here. Her face is telling me like I was ruining some precious moment. Hey, my moment is ruined also! Fair enough!

"You're so quiet Rynoir.. Are you uncomfortable?" Jeongmin asked I still didn't speak when we bought meals and was about to eat.

"Oh..no. I'm just thinking of stuffs I need to do later... I have a lot of studying to do so I also need to eat my meal quickly." I answered, implying I'm gonna be leaving soon. I hope they believe me.

"Where is Youngmin hyung?" Minwoo, the youngest on the group asked. I also wanted to know that so thanks to Minwoo for asking on my behalf!

"I'm here..." I almost jumped out of my skin when I heard someone spoke from behind. It's Youngmin looking tired but quick enough to notice there is something knew on such scenario..."what did I miss?"

"Ah, hyung, Rynoir will have lunch with us today. She told me she'll treat me so I think it's also a good idea to introduce her to our friends." Kwangmin cheerfully said. He sounds victorious actually.

"Great." He simply said. I didnt speak nor look at him.

"Mind if I sit here?" He asked me. I realize the only empty chair is the one next to me... On my right is Kwangmin.

I nodded and so he sat beside me which made me feel awkward.

"Still no talk.. Just nod, smile or shrug?" He asked in a silly way.

I turned to gave him another nod but I was caught off guard. He's smilling at me... A very dashing smile that makes him glow... Almost literally sparkling... No doubt, he's a North prince. Just by the looks you can tell!

'Princess Rynoir you should maintain your poker face.' I mentally scolded myself when I realized I'm starting to get hot cheeks... I'm blushing and they would notice it if I don't look down.

"Now that everyone's here, shall we eat?" I brushed off the fantasy and changed the topic.

They continued exchanging chitchat about school and daily lives while I eat quietly. I noticed Noiryn is good friends with them already and I am a total stranger to them. I also notice twins who're sitting beside me, are occassionally stealing glances which I cannot conclude the meaning.

Are they amazed that I actually joined them? Are they worried that I'm too quiet? Whatever it is, there is one thing I made myself sure of that day.

"This can't be!" I argued with my reflection the the mirror when I get home. Noiryn is on her room so she can't hear me.

I just can't easily accept the truth. I know this will complicate things but... "I'm starting to have a crush on Youngmin..."

I slapped my forehead and landed myself on my soft king sized bed. "If this is the case I should make sure Jo twins are the same twin princes we're looking for."

After staring blankly at the ceiling for a minute or so, I lazily get up and took my mobile phossne. I dialed a special code and connected myself to my father.

"Appa." I coldly greeted. It's been a while since we last talked.

"Did you fond the twins?" He asked without even checking if I'm fine or not. This saddened me. Everytime I call him he is only interested on the twins. Sometimes I get jealous feeling that he's caring more about them being back in North Korea than me who is Korea's crown princess!

"Me and Noiryn are trying our best to befriend them and find out as much information as we can. As of now I'm 99 % sure they are the same twins the Shin family kidnapped." I informed him.

I told him everything we've done so far during our stay here in South Korea. After 'reporting' the progress in our mission, I took the risk of asking my father about some things that bothers me. In our tradition we don't question the King but si ce he's my father, I believe Ihave the right?

"Appa.. I've been reading so may books here lately... Their history is different from ours... Aren't the Americans hate us? They want to conquer every land, right? But here.... They look so harmless. I even read in one of their news papers that America is helping koreans on their global project. Even my classmates are not against them." I started, silently praying he won't get offended. I tried hard not to sound as if I'm doubting his views.

"Do you remember we prepared you both before we let you and Noiryn out of our country? Always remember these people are so manipulative. What you've read is complete maniplation. Now you witness yourself how they manipulate people by media. That is why in our country the government itself provided the radio stations and tv channels so we have full control on what the mediamen are showing. Because they fool people." He explained very firmly I could even imagine his fist are clenched.

In our country, each family has a radio tha they cannot turn off but they can turn the volume low... When the government has to say something they will announce it through radio. On television our channel is only being aired for a fews hours, mostly about news and current affairs. It's always about North Korea being the most successful communist in the world. Americans should be hated because they are too freedy the want to conquer all lands. They have penentrated the system of other countries. We have everything provided by our government we could not ask for more.

.....We have nothing to envy on the world.

"Appa... Everyone is free to use internet here. They have so many websites. There are harmful sites also....like sites... But there are also educational sites that-" I started being cheerful like a little girl excitedly telling her father how's school but my father angrily cut me off.

"Rynoir!!" I froze at his voice. It's like cold ice freezong my veins from head to foot. The angry voice of our Great Leader... It means public execution if I'm a normal citizen. Luckily I'm a princess.

"I don't want you to be so fond of these things! STICK TO OUR CUSTOMS AND LIFESTYLE! Don't let them manipulate and pollute your pure mind!" He scolded me. I was scared but happy at the same.

He is scolding me. My father is actually being a father to me! I suddenly feel I'm his daughter indeed!

"Yes Appa. Mianhe (sorry)." I softly spoke.

"Anymore you wanted to tell me?" He lowered his voice.

"That's all Appa. Tell Umma I love and miss both of you." I almost cried but I know he won't be happy about that. He told me I should not cry because tears is a sign of weakess. I'm a princess and I should be strong.

"Living far from us for a while is a noble sacrofice you're making for our country. You will become a great help to my successor." He reminded me once more.

"I know Appa." I answered.

"You take care. Bye." He ended the call before I could reply.

'The things I'm learning from library books are starting to confuse me.' I sighed heavily. I don't wanna get confused but my curiosity is so convincing me to learn more.

I fell asleep, expecting to have the next day full of things to study but in contrary, the next day is not like what I've planned. I was on my way to the library when Noiryn asked me to join them in lunch again. She said they have something to tell the group and you know what that is? Kwangmin and Noiryn are officially dating.

Everyone was surprised except me. Perhaps it's because of the fact that Kwangmin never had a girlfriend before... He's too shy or too naive to court a lady, that's what they said during the conversation. I'm not surprised with the news coz I already know something 'romantic' is going on between them. I'm just irritated coz they made me reduce my studying hours and join them for lunch just to hear the news that I already know. Oh, these people!
 

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Thanks for reading & sorry for not updating for so long. I'm looking forward to reading your comments... I hope you like the story... Anyways I wanted to ask you something:

Is it okay if I include matured sceneson the succeeding chapters? Originally, in my kind it is part of the plot but if you don't want it I will try and think of a way to revise the plot. Please tell me thru comments.

btw, please feel free to follow me in twitter: @iGelai07

this story as well as my other stories can also be found on my wattpad account: AkoSeaGelai07

-Author