New Pair

JANUS - (Jo Twins Boyfriend Kpop Fanfic)

New Pair

Youngmin's POV

I'm Jo Youngmin, member of BOYFRIEND idol group from South Korea. I have a twin brother who is 6 minutes younger, named Kwangmin. In our choice of career, being twins became a great advantage to us. People call us ulzzang twins and it made us more famous. Because of being twins, which is rare in today's music industry, we easily get public attention that helped our group a lot.

It feels good when people are amazed on how our faces look almost exactly the same. If you happen to meet us first time, I bet you'll have a hard time telling who's who. Even our mother is confused sometimes specially on our voices.

This is our first year in university and we are off from work for quite some time now. Our manager haven't told us when exactly is our comeback. He wanted us to focus on our studies because it's more important.

Even here at school, both students and professors are giving us special treatment which sometimes is irritating but most of the time good. We got used to it anyways. I enjoy the attention and my twin is fine with it also.

What moved me is when we heard rumors about having transferees who are also twins and also look almost exactly the same. Lately I feel a bit jealous when people are anticipating more on meeting them. Well, that's me. I'm full of pride, I admit that.

"I wonder under which company they are training... Why we haven't heard of them before... When are they debuting?" One of our classmates said during our literature subject.

We are studying in University of Performing Arts where most of the students are involved or aspiring to get involved in show business. Here, we don't have much die-hard-fans that would suddenly faint when they see us or something like that, since most are also artists themselves, but still, it's like in an ordinary school, students have their 'crushes' and all. I, myself had a crush on our senior but she graduated last year and she's too old for my type.

Right now I don't have any particular girl I want to pursue. I wonder if Kwangmin has one. He never dated before. Either he's too shy to confess or he's too weird to find his right kind of girl. Girls are almost doing all the moves to get his attention but he remains unaffected. He'd rather write poems, lyrics, raps or read books than talk to them. He had a crush who's an actress but that is not in a level where he would court her. Ah, my twin is really different. Sometimes I envy him because of that. He never gets distracted from girls that is why he does better in school. His grades are higher and now he's having more fans every time we perform. I think people are curious and challenged of his weird behavior. He's an adorable 4D prince, they always say.

"It's really fun we'll have two pairs of ulzzang twins in this class!" Another classmate exclaimed. Argh, I'm tired hearing all these!

"Ulzzang? Have you seen them? Are they as good looking as me and Kwangmin?" I proudly asked, implying that I believe we're still more good looking.

We don't have our professor yet so the class, as you would expect from a normal class, is noisily doing their stuffs. Kwangmin is on his seat, writing something. Maybe he's writing raps that we can put in our songs in case we'll do another album.

"I don't know. I just heard the news yesterday. I don't even know if they are male or female!" Complained my classmate. I just shrugged and went back to my seat which is in 3 seats away from my twin. We prefer not to sit close to one another. During childhood we're inseparable but as we grow up, we started having our own 'privacy'.

"Where's Minwoo by the way?" I suddenly noticed.

Minwoo is also a member of our idol group, who is studying in he same university but with different course. We do have some subjects alike and this is one of them.

"Won't attend today... helping SongYin." Came Kwangmin's short reply, his eyes still fixed on his notes.

SongYin is a senior high school student in the same school which made her our junior coz we are now on our first year in college. He is a close friend of Minwoo, like brother-sister relationship.

"Ah, is it still about the play?" I asked again. Kwangmin just gave me a nod and I get it, he's too focused on what he's doing. He doesn't wanna be disturbed so I'll just sit here and wait for Professor Jung.

"Annyeong haseyo... Is this Professor Jung's literature class?" A girl approached me. I looked up and realized she's a new face. We studied in this same university during high school so I know most of the students.

"Yes." I answered simply. I didn't realize I was staring at her. She has nice eyes.

After hearing my answer, she sat on the vacant seat beside me, noisily putting down her books on the arm chair. She then took out a notebook and started writing something on it. After a few lines, she stopped, looked up and stared blankly at the board in front as if thinking deeply.

"Haayzzz..." She then helplessly looked down, put her chin on top of the books and closed her eyes.

"Are you okay?" I gently asked, trying to start a conversation.

She looked up and turned to me with an upset expression. "My rap ."

I immediately remembered Kwangmin as soon as I heard her say "rap". I'm not good at it but Kwangmin is a pro.

"Same here..." I shyly scratched my head.

"I see... It's too hard..." She commented and opened her notebook again.

"It's not. You just have to practice until you can say it perfectly." To my surprise, Kwangmin butted in a conversation he's not involved. I thought he's focused on writing his rap but now it proved that he's listening to our chat... Hey wait, the girl also got his attention then?

"It's not just about the delivery... I'm referring to writing a rap that makes sense." The girl turned to her back to face Kwangmin who is already looking at her intently.

"Put your heart in it." He simply answered, his gaze straight to her eyes. That is really not so Kwangmin!

"Ah! Just as I expected... Another typical rapper." She said almost in a whisper as she slowly turned back to her notes with a sheepish smile which made Kwangmin felt humiliated.

"Eh? You call me typical rapper?" He asked childishly. I almost laughed coz he sounded like Minwoo when he's trying to put an argument with me.

"A typical rapper puts his heart in his rap... But a sensible one pours his heart in it." He answered Kwangmin with a proverb...or is it?

Kwangmin opened his mouth to protest something but he can't find the right words so he ended up staring at the girl's back with his mouth still opened. I can't tell if he's annoyed or amazed.

The girl started writing something again which now, I realized, is a rap! Suddenly there is an awkward silence. In attempt to break it, I spoke again.

"Well good luck in pouring your heart to rap. I'm Jo Youngmin by the way..and you are?" I said and lend my hand to formally greet her.

She continued writing, eyes fixed on her notes, quietly mouthing the words she's writing, as if she didn't hear me. I looked at Kwangmin who is witnessing how a girl ignored me...the charismatic prince.

Having been too much embarrassed, I took my hand back and put it inside my pocket and looked down, trying to pretend cool, hoping my classmates are too busy with their own chats to even notice.

When professor came, he called the girl and informed us that she is one of the twins the school is so anxious to finally meet.

"My twin and I decided to have different class schedules. I hope to be friends with everyone. I heard so many good news about this school and I can't wait to start my education here. I'll work hard. It's a pleasure to meet you all. This is Kim Noiryn." She spoke after professor's intro. I don't know why but there is something about the way she spoke. The way she say things is really different.... Different in a way that there is elegance in her voice.

"Kim Noiryn..." I found myself whispering as if memorizing a line.

After her introduction, I was surprised when she requested, "I wish to sit between Jo Twins."

That was really vocal of her.

~#~ ~#~ ~#~

Kwangmin's POV

I really felt humiliated by our new classmate, Kim Noiryn, during our literature class but I won't argue with her. I will write a rap and prove that I am not like what she said, 'typical'. I hate talking too much. I hate pleasing people... I just want to prove things for myself.

"I'll just look for Minwoo. You go ahead to visual arts class." Youngmin dismissed me halfway to our lockers. I think he's interested with Noiryn because of her behavior.

"Uhm.." I just nod and walked forward while Youngmin turned right to the next building.

BUMP!

On my third step, turning left, I bumped onto someone. Our collision is so strong We both fell on the ground. The next thing I knew my back is flat on the ground, she's on top of me, my hands arm holding her arms to protect her from falling or rolling.

"Noirynssi..." I called, realizing she's the new classmate.

She immediately pulled away, almost stumbling, and arranged her uniform. I did the same and helped her pick up the books and some papers scattered on the hallway in front of the lockers.

"Joesonghadnida..." (I'm sorry) She said in a very finesse voice. A little different from her way of speaking when she's in our literature class.

"Gwenchanayo?" (Are you ok) I worriedly asked when I noticed she's lumping a bit. Her right leg is hurt, perhaps?

"Ne.." (Yes) she answered and stood up. She hugged her books tightly like a scared child as she looked cautiously at me.

I was about to give her some of her notes when my eyes caught her writings. Looks like she's so into rap.

"May I have my notes back... Jebal.." (Please) She asked gently.

"Oh, sorry I got curious... Here.." I handed her the notes which she immediately snatched.

She then searched for her locker. Surprisingly, hers is just next to mine. She put all her stuffs in and locked it again.

All the while, I found myself staring at her. She's acting really weird now. She doesn't seem to look tough compared a while ago during literature class.

"I'm sorry but... Can you possibly tell me where is visual arts room?" She reluctantly asked. "It's my next class..."

"Cool. We're in the same class again." I smirked. Am I going to receive another humiliation on the next class again? Is she going to reject Youngmin's smooth talk again?

She just gave me a questioning look as if she didn't get why I smirked. "It's ok if you don't know. Sorry again."

With that she turned to walk but I immediately stopped her by holding her left arm. "Wait!"

"Sorry.." I let go of her arm when she turned back with widened eyes, looking at me like I'm a or something. Honestly, why is she acting like this?

"I'm heading in the same class. Let's go together." I politely apologized and offered.

She looked at me suspiciously but then agreed after a few seconds.

That was the longest walk ever! It's just a few doors away from our locker but her awkward silence drove me crazily curious what's goin' on in her mind. She looks so scared like she's with a criminal or something. This is the first time someone gave me such 'special' treatment.

"Here it is. C'mon in?" I finally announced when we reached the visual arts room.

"Kamsahabnida." (Thank you) she bowed and walked in first.

"Kim Noiryn-ssi... Are you going to sit near me and Youngmin again?" I remembered coz she requested our professor on our last class.

She gave me a confused look then raised her eyebrows as if she recalled something. "You must've mistaken me from my twin. I'm not Noiryn... I'm her twin sister... Jeoneun Kim Rynoir-eyo." ( my name is Kim Rynoir)

"Jebalyo, sillyehabnida..." (Please, excuse me) She left me dumbfounded, not even waiting for my reply.

I just couldn't believe my eyes. I can't tell who's Noiryn and who's Rynoir... They look exactly the same!

When Youngmin finally arrived, he's also astonished on how alike the twin look. I really wanted to believe they're clones, not twins.