Prologue

JANUS - (Jo Twins Boyfriend Kpop Fanfic)

Prologue

Kwangmin's POV

My name is Jo Kwangmin. I am 19 yrs. old and a member of an idol group called BOYFRIEND from South Korea. People say I am the weirdest member among six of us. My twin brother, Youngmin, who's 6 minutes older, seems 'normal' in the eyes of our fans. I'm not having any issues about that anyways. We both have our similarities, differences and special connections as twins. What i'm intrigued about is if my 'hyung' also having the same weird dream.

I dream of it almost every week since childhood. I once told my mother about it but she said it's just a dream and I should try my best not to ponder much on it so I could forget eventually but I think her advice is not working. It still haunts me and every time, it's like I'm being dragged to a totally different world to see that dream clearly and when I wake up afterwards, I'm almost convinced I wasn't dreaming...that everything really happened...

My dream always starts with a scenario wherein I was a young boy, about 4 or 5 years old, cheerfully playing in a wide garden of beautiful plants, with a little girl I called 'my princess, my beautiful princess'. We would play the whole day until my parents come and pick me up to go home or, sometimes, she is the one who'll be fetched by her family from our home.

The scenario will then shift into a place similar to a performing arts school. There are little boys and girls that I only saw in my dreams but haven't met in person yet. Sometimes when we're performing as BOYFRIEND, I tried tracing those faces to my fans but none of them matched.

"I will sing for the Great Leader today. I am very nervous. If I do something wrong they will punish me." I had memorized clearly what she'd said in my dream.

Then a musical performance would start. I would watch her with full attention. Her eyes fixed on mine while she sings.

After that part, again my dream diverts into another scenario. I was exchanging necklace with the little girl. We both have the same necklace with a locket heart. Mine has my picture in it and hers has her picture in it. We exchanged lockets and promised to keep it forever.

Next scenario is during a public execution. This is the part that I couldn't recall very clearly what had happened even if I's dreamed of it many times. The place is like an open yard without any trees. There is only a flagpole but I cannot remember what flag it is holding. People are gathered at one side. The activity is held by, I think, the king.

"This is my first time to see a public execution. I don't wanna go but father said this is important because it's for the safety of our palace." The girl whispered. She is beside me along with my twin brother and parents. I don't know why but in my dream, I think I'm a prince. Cool, eh?

"I'm worried though. What if I'm the one who did something wrong? Will I be publicly executed even I'm a princess?" Se childishly asked. I don't know what is the answer to these. Here is the part when Youngmin hyung will speak to her like a close friend too.

"You will never be executed because you're perfect. You never do things wrongly. You're excellent in everything you do." Little Youngmin assured with a charismatic smile that would always calm the little girl.

"That's not true..." The little girl would accept Youngmin's words but later on whisper to me in contrast. I would just smile and immediately understand what she means.

"You don't even know how to ride a bicycle." She would bow down whenever I say that but I would cheer her up again by saying, "But my beautiful princess, Kwangmin oppa will ride it for you so it's ok not to know how to. Bicycle is only for boys."

Then all of a sudden, in my dream, images of barking dogs and wild animals were loudly heard. None of the audience screamed. Only the executed screamed until they all die. During that time, I always looked at the little girl who's trying all her might to witness everything but when tears started to flood her eyes, I came to rescue by covering her lovely eyes.

"Your eyes are too beautiful to see ugly things. Just close your eyes if you do not wish to see." Then I covered her eyes with my little hands.

"It's their fault. They disobeyed the king and fought against our palace." I heard the little girl's father spoke.

"I don't want to be punished like that." She whispered to me after the execution.

"I won't let them. Remember Youngmin hyung and I, we are the strongest princes. We will protect you." I assured her. Her tears are starting to dry away.

"When I grow up, Appa said I will be queen. That means I need a king too... So will you be my king then?" She asked in a very charming way. Her eyes, even at young age, are something people should not underestimate. They are sharp but could be very irresistibly charming, almost hypnotizing, when she needs to get her way into something.

"Ne." I answered positively and smiled.

"Promise?" She pouted and raised her pinky finger. I responded by intertwining my pinky finger on hers, meaning, she can count on it.

"I wanna grow up fast so I can be your queen already!" And those words made me blush. I can only look down and shyly hide my face so she won't notice I'm giggling crazily.

My dream always ends with this last scenario... Youngmin and I are being carried by my mother and father. There are also some people with us. They're quietly running away from home in the middle of the night, as if sneaking out. We don't understand what's going on exactly. All they told us is we are moving into a new place to study better so we can have better future.

"It's okay Youngmin, don't make any sound or they will catch us." My father whispered to Youngmin who sobbed. The night is really cold and we could sense that the situation is something we should be afraid of.

My parents reached a river which they started crossing.

"The sharks will eat us!" I worried.

"Kwangmin this is just a river... Now please be quiet or-" but before my mother could finish, we heard gun shots and people shouting.

"THERE! THEY'RE ESCAPING! HURRY AND CATCH THEM!" One of them shouted.

When we reached the other side of the river, we hid behind the bushes.

"The Great Leader is with them!" Announced one of my father's friends who are running away with us, as they looked out on the other side.

Youngmin and I also sneaked and saw the people trying to catch us kneeled when the man inside the newly arrived vehicle stepped out.

After a while, I saw the little girl again. She looked scared and worried. She's bitting her lower lip as if trying her best not to cry. I don't know if she could see through the bushes but it seemed like she's looking directly at us but she's not telling the leader.

She held on tight to the leader's hand as the people again turned towards the opposite side, raised their guns and prepared to shoot even without a particular target. My mother and father covered our mouth to avoid any noise.

"Appa, how about baby?" Youngmin who freed his mouth from my father's grasp suddenly asked.

"We have to leave without her. She's still ill but we have to promise we will come back for her." My mother sobbed painfully. This is the part in my dream where I realize we have a younger sister too.

"WHY ARE THEY LEAVING?! PLEASE COME BACK YOUNGMIN, KWANGMIN!" My beautiful princess finally screamed before people could shoot.

I just couldn't bear seeing her like that. I impulsively freed myself from mother and quickly ran forward to shout.

"I will come back! I promise!!! PLEASE WAIT FOR ME!!!" As soon as I said that, I wake up and realize everything is all just happening in a dream.

As soon as I am in reality, thousands of questions would flood my mind, including, the possibility that we really had a sister? Or is the girl I'm dreaming of is our sister? Every time I would spend my whole day confused and silenced because of this weird dream. I have so much in my mind I couldn't voice out anymore. I'm too lazy to explain myself to anyone.

Maybe that's the reason why I didn't manage to date any girls even if I got the looks and fame. In contrast to my twin brother, Youngmin dated at an early age. Clearly he's not wasting his God-given looks and talents.

As for me, I don't mind being an NGSB (No Girlfriend Since Birth). It would take a weird girl to capture my weird heart...