EXTENDED VERSION

Airport.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Tao hated airports.

He wasn't always like this - he used to love being led by his father's hand to the large windows to see the giant plane, in awe of how something so big and heavy could stay in the air for so long.

And then he became a member of Exo.

Now don't get him wrong, he loved each of the members, he loved the fans, and the fame and success they had achieved made their suffered trainee days completely worth it - but it was the stupid airports and crazed fans and the crowding that got on Tao's nerves.

He was always in a particularly crabby mood when he was in airports and on planes - and today was no exception.

The Exo members were meant to be able to use the VIP entrances to the airport - but because they were technically still rookies, it was frowned upon to use them. Plus their manager had said it would be a service to the fans.

Service my - the same manager that said a week ago was now trying with the other security guards to make a pathway for the EXO member to get onto the plane. Tao could see a vein in manager-hyung's forehead throbbing. 

And the fangirls - Tao loved his Exotics almost all the time, but not when there were thousands of them crowding and pushing into him, trying to touch some part of him, screaming high decibels into his ears and shoving their phones and ipads and whatever other devices into his face. Tao swore they could have poked his eye out with them.

After they checked in and were allowed to (FINALLY) leave the public part of the airport, Chen nudged him, reminding him to smile and be polite.

Tao forced a grin onto his face and waved a last time to their screaming fans, before following s inside.

Thankfully, it was a lot less crowded, though they still had the occasional photographer and cameras and people asking for autographs (which the manager declined). Even sitting and waiting for their plane had to be regulated - Tao could not sit next to or talk to a single one of s without photos being taken and uploaded on the internet later with a ship name underneath. 

Once they'd boarded the plane, you would think the Exo members would finally have time to wind down and relax - but Nooo. As they were all in economy class, they were still open to the public's cameras and phones and eyes. Even though they'd thankfully been booked the back two rows of economy class, which meant there should have normally been absolutely no reason for the public to look or walk towards them (as the toilets were in front), it didn't stop them from trying. 

30 minutes into the flight, Tao spotted a camera a few rows above pointed at them. He turned around to see some of the other members trying to slink into their hoodies or pull their jackets or beanies practically over their faces to catch up on hours and hours of their lost sleep, and Kris sitting next to the manager going through some papers, eyes drooping. He'd taken off his hat and was now wearing a plain headband to keep his hair out of his eyes. 

Tao kicked off his socks, took off any unconfortable clothing, and put on a hoodie and beanie, pulling it down way past his eyes so that his nose was just peeking out to breathe, before leaning and getting some sleep, trying to ignore the excited whispers and camera flashes on the plane. 

Soon after, he was nudged awake, with mumbles of 'lunch is here' from Kris. Tao stirred and blearily opened his eyes to see that yes, someone was indeed coming down the aisles with a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter