Revelation

A Girl Who Does Not Make Sense
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

            Ji Hyo smiled up at Gary after detaching her arms from his neck, eagerly anticipating the surprised look on his face. Indeed, she saw shock. But she didn’t expect the look of guilt on his face. Blame it on his plain, easy to read face.

            “Oppa, what’s wrong?” Ji Hyo asked, eyes searching his for a sign that he was happy.

            “I have a girlfriend.” Gary finally revealed, taking one step away from her.

            For Ji Hyo, it could have been one hundred.

            The ride back to the main island was an awkward one. Ji Hyo cursing herself  for being too brash, Gary cursing himself for not speaking up sooner. They stole glances at each other, but neither person was brave enough to break the ice.

            “Please be careful disembarking from the boat. Thank you for joining today’s festivities and remember, you can always come back!” the boatman called out cheerfully.

            Ji Hyo stood up and made her way to the front of the boat, knees wobbly from the ride and from her nerves. Gary followed her quietly and watched as she shakily tried to disembark. He was quick to assist her, holding her hand immediately as soon as he saw her struggle. Four years of being her on-screen partner had ingrained that response in him, after all.

            Ji Hyo felt his touch electrify her body but she stubbornly let go, knowing that his hand wasn’t her hand to hold anymore and that Gary wasn’t her man anymore.

            Not that he ever was.

            Gary let her go, watching from afar as she made her way back to the hotel.

            Ji Hyo threw herself on the bed. Pabo, pabo, pabo! Of course he has a girlfriend! He’s Kang Gary! Charis-ing-matic rapper! Party boy! Play boy! What the heck were you expecting! Pabo! Pabo! Pabo!

            She would have continued her inner tirade had she not heard a knock on her door.  She prepared herself, both hoping to and also dreading to see the man she had been cursing for the last hour. She steeled herself and opened the door.

            “Madam Song, your dinner by the beach is ready.” Her butler greeted her with a warm smile.

            “Dinner by the beach? I don’t underst--” Ji Hyo thought to herself. OH CRAP. I FORGOT TO CANCEL PHASE 2 OF

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter