Recognition

A Girl Who Does Not Make Sense
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

            “So what will you do about it now, Song Ji Hyo?” Ji Hyo stared at herself in the mirror in her suite. Her mind was so preoccupied it didn’t even register the opulence of her suite in Boracay Shang-ri La.  The whole ride over, she kept to herself, occasionally looking out to see the views without even registering a thing.  She was sure Boracay was beautiful, but if you asked her to describe it then, she would draw a blank. Her thoughts were on one man and one man alone: Kang Gary.

            She attempted to locate him once the plane landed but he seemed to have disappeared in the chaos of Kalibo Airport. She was hoping but she didn’t know what to hope for. Did she want to see him? If she did, what would she say with her newfound knowledge? Did she even feel the same way? Does he still feel the same way? Would it be better to live the rest of their lives at a distance? Always moving around in the same circles but never connecting again? Was that what she wanted?      

            Zotto Molla, indeed.

            It had been so easy for her to turn down Jong Kook. She had put him firmly in the friend category and there was no budging that. She thought she had done the same to Gary and yet, here she was, confused as hell about her feelings for him.

            Her phone rang, breaking her out of her reverie. For a second there, she allowed her heart to jump, thinking it would be Gary. Of course, it wasn’t. It hadn’t been Gary on the other end for over 6 months now.

             “Ha Na unnie! Hi, yes, I’m here in the resort already. It’s lovely. You should’ve joined me. I didn’t know the suite was this big!” She kept her tone bright, knowing better than to worry her already worried manager.  She continued chattering on to her manager, assuring her that she was ok, that she’s a big girl now, after all, she can take care of herself. Physically, at least.

            Emotionally? She wasn’t so sure.

            “Unnie, I’m going to go grab a bite to eat. Don’t worry about me. I’m not that famous here in the Philippines. Really really good, goodbye!”

            She changed into her bikini and put on a sheer kimono cover up for modesty’s sake. She didn’t even bother to disguise herself and simply grabbed her beach bag and made her way out the door. She wandered around aimlessly until she got to the beachfront. She sunk her toes in the cool sand and relished the feel of the sun against her pale skin. She smiled widely as she thought to herself, ahh, paradise! The grumbling in her stomach, however, reminded her that her last meal was the night before. She stubbornly refused breakfast for a few more precious minutes of sleep. Classic Song Ji Hyo.

            “Hmm. Jona

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter