Side Chapter 1: Our True Beginning

Pillow Castle and Blanket Fortress (DISCONTINUED)

It was still seven o’clock in the morning, sunlight seeping through the blinded windows greeting swollen eyes and disheveled bed hair. Kyungsoo winced at the movement over his sheets, covering his face with a soft pillow. “Jongin, quit it!”

"You need to wake up now!" Jongin insisted as he spooned his husband’s body, blowing kisses against Kyungsoo’s ear and nestling his chin over the the older one’s smooth neck.

For almost a year of being married, Kyungsoo already know the fact by heart that Jongin is not a morning person, taking out early Mondays on his freelance schedule because Monday and that it won’t be bad if it’s meant for cuddles and morning kisses with Kyungsoo, so the older one erased Mondays off of his planner as well. Sweet Jongin is too hard to resist.

"You need to wake up now and get dressed, love." Jongin whispered as he placed another peck behind Kyungsoo’s ear that made the older one purr in fondness. He could feel denim on his legs and smell cologne lingering through his nose. Maybe, Jongin woke up earlier and that is some miracle to be grateful for on the start of the day.

After a lot of tickling and kisses and cuddle-wrestling, Kyungsoo finally stood up and headed to the shower, Jongin running to the kitchen to make something for breakfast. Sleep still imprinted on Kyungsoo’s eyes, the older one munched on the heated bacon bagel from last night, staring blankly at the dust dancing through the air in slow rhythm.

"Come on! We need to hurry up!" Jongin pulled Kyungsoo out of trance and held his hand as they both sat on the front seats of Jongin’s car, excitement spreading on the younger one’s face.

"What the hell is wrong with you today?" Kyungsoo furrowed his eyebrows in confusion as he anticipated for another stupid answer from his husband. "Where is my real Jongin?! Are you an alien?!"

Stupid answers come from stupid questions.

Jongin blushed when he heard Kyungsoo that he is his.

"I am your real Jongin and we are going somewhere…" Jongin smiled to his Kyungsoo as he keyed the engine of his car.

 

"I have a surprise for you."

 

 

 

Thirty minutes of driving took Kyungsoo back into slumber, but he couldn’t quite bring again the sleeping time he lost when Jongin’s blasting out Taemin’s Pretty Boy featuring his favorite idol, Kai. The wheels were put into halt, and Kyungsoo sat up straight to check where they stopped. His brows rose up as he looked outside his window and then to Jongin.

"Uhm o-okay… So, you bought me a church?"

Jongin laughed as Kyungsoo still stared at him dumbfoundedly. Maybe, his Kyungsoo was the one who was kidnapped by aliens.

"We need to go inside, silly. And then, you’ll see my surprise." Jongin stole a quick peck on Kyungsoo’s lips and jumped out of the car to open the door for his husband, taking Kyungsoo’s hand as he lead the way inside the church. They both took a left and saw the garden, then two more corridors wherein Jongin was greeted by nuns and caretakers on the way. Jongin must have been hanging out here for quite a while.

Jongin paused on his foot in front of a big wooden door and turned to face Kyungsoo, holding both of the older one’s hands to kiss his knuckles. “Remember when you told me you wanted to have a child when we were still in high school?”

Kyungsoo nodded in confusion, still looking at Jongin’s face hopefully to find the hidden message. That was already a long time ago for Jongin to remember, but there were still nights when he thought about the idea. He answered, “Y-yes?”

 

”Let’s go meet our son today.”

 

 

Kyungsoo couldn’t believe what he just heard. It felt like time stopped as the words slowly seeped through his mind, then to his thumping heart. He really likes kids, and to be able to have one even though they can’t have their own, it’s already a treasure to cherish for him.

Jongin never felt a hug this tight from Kyungsoo before, peppering him with kisses and showering Jongin with his endless thank yous.

"I only want you to be happy."

 

A big heart smile was placed on Kyungsoo’s face, that distinct thing about him which Jongin fell in love with, as they passed by kids playing with toys in their big classroom. Some were eating, some were running around, and some were reading books. He hopes his new son likes reading as well, just like him. He couldn’t stop imagining reading him a book before tucking him to bed. The thought made him feel more excited.

Jongin asked a woman to lead them to where the kid they were looking for was, the kid Kyungsoo was dreaming of in his life. Few steps and the woman paused in front of two kids playing with a fire truck. She helped one of them to stand and arranged his hair in swift movements, then she smiled at the little boy that brought one to his cute face as well.

Kyungsoo’s grip on Jongin’s hand tightened.

The two couldn’t wait any longer as they walked to the little boy, and Kyungsoo instantly leveled with him as he knelt to have a closer look. His heartbeat became faster than ever.

The little kid has chubby cheeks and wide almond eyes and soft fair skin and brunette hair and little fingers playing with the hem of his shirt and just by one look, Kyungsoo already knew that he’s perfect, that the forces brought him there to meet his son. That it was all meant to be.

"H-hi, I’m Kyungsoo." The older one couldn’t erase the smile on his face as he looked at the little boy—his son—with crescent eyes. He offered a hand for the kid to shake, but the latter only looked at him slowly in response, and smiled his widest.

The woman explained to him that there’s a thing about the kid wherein he only talks to people he trusts, but she doesn’t doubt it that their new son will soften his heart with them in no time. It’s rare for the little boy to smile at strangers.

 

They’re truly meant to be a family.

 

The woman left to give them alone time together with their new son, walking away to help a young lad reaching a book. The couple thanked her, and didn’t waste any time to look at their son again.

"His name is Minseok, love." Jongin joined in as he squatted down to witness the happiest he ever saw on Kyungsoo’s face, next to their wedding. "And we will call him Kim Minseok soon."

"He’s turning five this coming March." Jongin added. Kyungsoo just nodded in delight, then switched his gaze to Minseok, his hands slipping to hold on the kid’s little ones. "Hi, Minseok. C-can I hug you?"

Minseok just nodded with his eyes on the floor as strange warmth enveloped his small body. Kyungsoo tried to hide the tears forming on the side of his eyes, feeling like Minseok is his real son, like he took care of him in nine months and brought him into the world. But he couldn’t let it in anymore, when Minseok’s small arms suddenly wrapped around Kyungsoo’s neck.

 

He felt complete now…

With Jongin…

And with Minseok.

 

Everything’s already perfect for him.

 

Kyungsoo looked at Minseok once more, sniffling as he wiped away the wetness in his cheeks. Minseok pouted, and shook his head as he helped him wipe the tears with his little palms.

"You can call me Daddy if you want, okay?" Kyungsoo cupped Minseok’s cheeks and the little kid just nodded with a smile on his face, but the word didn’t came out from his lips. It’s okay, Kyungsoo has all the time in the world to wait for it.

"You can call me Dad because I am manly!" Jongin flexed his biceps that made Minseok laugh a faint one. Kyungsoo just rolled his eyes.

Small arms were suddenly wrapped around Minseok’s waist and pulled him away from Kyungsoo, leaving the two shocked with the unexpected gesture. A glare from doe eyes and a little pout were directed to the both of them, and the new kid shouted, “Go away from my Minnie!”

The two didn’t know what to do but stare, seeing Minseok turning around and calling the kid’s attention. He was the other boy sharing the fire truck with Minseok, and Kyungsoo saw that they really looked happy together. He must be Minseok’s best friend.

"It’s okay, Hannie. I think they will take care of me this time." Minseok left a reassuring pat on the kid’s cheek, but Hannie just engulfed him in a tighter hug.

Minseok’s voice was melody to Kyungsoo’s ears. He just wishes that he’ll talk to his new parents soon.

"But they’ll take you away from me! I won’t see you again and I will b-be very s-sad!" Hannie started sniffling with his muffled voice over Minseok’s shirt, gripping his little fingers on the cotton material.

"I will visit you always because I will miss you! I will miss teacher Baekhyun too and teacher Chanyeol and Benben and Xingxing and Junmyeonnie so I will come back I promise!" Minseok’s gaze switched to Kyungsoo and Jongin, and without words needed, they understood what Minseok was trying to tell them.

"Uhm, y-yeah. Sure! W-we’ll go back here whenever Minseok wants!" The two’s words got jumbled together, but the decision was still clear, and it left a huge smile on Minseok’s face.

"See? I told you they are nice to me. So don’t worry, okay?" Minseok said.

 

"B-but what if they hurt you too? Just like before?"

 

"Then I will run as fast as I can." A reassuring smile just spread between Minseok’s chubby cheeks.

 

And it just broke Kyungsoo’s heart. How can someone hurt such an angel like Minseok? He’s meant to be taken care of, to be treasured and to be loved. Angels like him are a gift from God, a present from heaven that Kyungsoo will forever cherish. He’ll never let anyone hurt his son.

Kyungsoo came closer to the two boys and smiled a comforting one, “We will protect Minseok from bad guys. You will help me fight bad guys, right Hannie?”

Hannie beamed with the words and hugged Minseok tighter with their cheeks squished together, “I will be Minnie’s prince and I will save him from bad guys!”

The four just laughed, the couple deciding to play with the kids and their long forgotten truck.

 

For Kyungsoo and Jongin, this is the start of their perfect life.


A/n: SORRY SORRY SORRY SORRY naega naega naega monjeo BTW, I'M REALLY SORRY FOR BEING GONE FOR SO LONG! I'm not sure when I'll be free to update all of my fics, but luckily I had time to write one for this. Actually, I have a writer's block recently... I THINK IT'S ACTUALLY HUMAN'S BLOCK ottokaji but I will never have Xiumin's block so... okay this is nonsense SEE YOU SOON~

The gif up there is cute, right? But Minnie is not a girl here, okay? I just find that kid adorable. :">

COMMENTS MOTIVATE ME TO WRITE! THANK YOU FOR ALL THE SUBS AND UPVOTES!