It's not easy

Lost in a Galaxy

Star's POV 

"Uuggh my boss just doesn't get it!" I grumble. My boss thinks that I don't work, he thinks that all I do is flirt! "Am I that immature to you?!" Anger got the best of me as I just yelled out my frustration. But I instantly regretted it and became red, I hadn't remembered that I was walking to Starships (a club/bar) and I was outside where everyone could see me and hear me. My nervous eyes scanned the confused stares that came my way and ducked into a store called Worm Hole. 

I was so concerned about the people outside that I didn't even notice everyone inside the store staring at me. As soon as I had noticed, I gave an embarassed smile and said, "Hello," accompanied by a nervous wave and quickly escaped to the closest isle. Making myself a little more angry with myself, I found myself looking at a bunch of magazines. Great! They probably think that I like gossip! A little more pink brushed on my cheeks. 

Eventually I exited the store with a package of pocket tissues. I bought it because it was the cheapest thing that I could find and I felt bad about barging into the store and disrupting the customers. "Oh well," I shrugged and put the package in my purse. As I was zipping it closed, a person bumped into me, causing me to fall onto a hot dog stand. 

I layed there on top of the cart while looking around wondering what just happened. My head finally sorted out what just happened and I quickly stood up. "I'm sorry," a bow mechanically happened as I felt a firey sensation on my cheeks and walked away feeling embarrassment wash over me, Hmm my face feels wet and sticky... My hand reached up and touched my face. I looked at my fingers to see a mix of relish, mustard, ketchup, and what is this? A sesame seed?! "Gross!" I exclaimed as I reached down to my purse for my new tissues. That's when my hand touched a glob of mayonnaise and a few clumps of onion. "Eww!!" I wailed on the top of my lungs. "Why is nothing going my way?! Is this world out to get me?!" I ranted a bit, then once again, remembered that I was in a public area and toned it down to just mumbling to myself, "Why me? Did I do anything wrong?! No! I didn't! So why then?!" mumbles continued escaping my mouth. I was able to keep my volume just low enough that nobody could hear me unless they stopped to listen to specifically me.

My mind was still wound up when I spotted something. It was a young guy crouched down with his hand shading his eyes. I would have thought that he was just a normal pedestrian that was tired of standing and the sun was in his eyes, but I saw something. A single sparkle fell down from his face, a tear. Maybe the sun is too bright or maybe he ate something too sour. The attempt to reasure myself with different ideas was intercepted as I noticed something else, he had began to shake. He was shaking so hard, my heart weighed me down just seeing this. Instantly, my problems meant nothing to me.

Carefully, I approached him, not knowing what to say. My brain was working, trying to think about what exactly I should do, but my brain wasn't doing things right and was gliching. So I found myself not listening to my brain but to the pang in my chest. My fingers splayed out and lightly tapped him on the shoulder while I bent my knees, crouching down next to him, not really processing my motions.

Still feeling dazed I asked, "Are you okay?" It was the common thing to say in that situation but it had meaning to me. The poor guy looked up at me with the saddest face I had ever seen. My hands crossed over my mouth, fighting back the tears. 

____________________

Hey sorry, I know it's short but please don't stop reading here! My other chapters are more interesting and longer. 

Have you guys ever had a bad day like this before?