Curiosity killed the cat.

The wild ones.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Organize everything before you go” my boss said while he started putting on his jacket. It was a typical Monday, my boss was a jerk, he wouldn’t do anything other than look at playboy magazine behind the counter, while I did the cleaning up, the organizing shelves, receiving the new supplies and food, it may not sound like hard work, but sometime you feel like you’re at your breaking point, you know, of being treated like a piece of lint.

“Where’s my paycheck?” I asked simply going towards him and standing in front of him with an extended hand. He cocked and eyebrow and eyed me, amused. I hated it.

“Paycheck? You don’t deserve it”

“I work all day, and my paycheck was due last week” I found it unbelievable that he wouldn’t consider my work.

“So? Work harder kid” He said simply with a slight smirk across his face, he pushed me aside and walked out the door into the drizzling rain.

I rolled my eyes and kicked a few chair before grabbing my wet towel once more and cleaning up a few shelves and placing their things where they go.

I finished up and closed up the store, locking up everything and placing the key in the little pot beside the entrance like I always do. I took a deep breath and closed my eyes, just to relax a bit, and listen to the sound of the rain, it was so serene, and soothing, it somehow took some weight off my shoulders. I liked the rain.

I put on my jacket and zipped it up before I started walking in the rain, it was a pleasant feeling, you know, the soft drops hitting your face, the cool breeze blowing through you hair. I grinned you to myself while I extended my hands feeling the droplets fall in them.

The walk was quite quiet, and calm, I was almost home but before I got to the flat, I felt something push me, no, not something, someone, he turned back to me while he jogged backwards but he turned around once more and kept on running, a few more men stumbled into me, which only made me mad.

“I’m right here, dude!” I yelled while pointing at myself, but they would only run faster, they didn’t seem like they were…running away from something, they looked quite happy, as if they were going somewhere they liked. I slowly started walking towards the same direction leaving aside the fact that I was right in front of my flat entrance.

I scanned them from behind, they wore black, like all black, leather boots, leather jackets, spiked bracelets, some piercings here and there and I could see some tattoos around there arms or neck.

They looked quite punk. They must be like a community or something, like emo stuff, no?

I watched the men all take a turn and go down a narrow alley. I sped up my pace and went all the way to the corner. Here I stood in front of the alley, which was filled with graffiti everywhere, it caught my attention, I want to see where they're heading, but maybe it isn’t the best idea…

I bit my lower lip while eyeing the alley once more, but…what the hell, curiosity always takes over me.

I grinned slightly and went through the alley turning slightly to look at the graffiti, I read so many things, such as “Go back” “Danger up ahead” “Go back you tard” “The wild ones shall take care of you”

“Awesome” I chuckled while passing my hands over the painted brick walls.

The alley came to an end, and I now found my myself between four walls, and on one of them was a door, a metal door, I looked around, the only way out was over or back out the alley, I find the climbing option idiotic, and going out the alley once more as well, since I would have seen it.

“So they went in here…”I said softly to myself while going towards the door, I hesitated at first but a placed my hand on the handle and pulled it, the door creaked but it was camouflaged with the sudden sound of loud music playing from inside, I opened the door even more and crawled in to instantly start coughing, the smell of alcohol, cigarettes and sweat everywhere, the place was smoked up, I could barely see where I was going, but the fact was that it was full, there were people everywhere, dancing, smoking, making out in the corners, throwing their hands in the air while they walked around.

I think it was bit…easy somehow for me to camouflage in the crowd, since I wore a black jacket some black boots and some ripped jeans which I had changed to before leaving work, Lucky me, huh?

I wiggled through the people looking around quite amazed, I liked it, it felt dangerous. I finally got to the center of the place to see that there were more floors, there was a dj, there was a bar, there was messed up furniture, graffiti all over as well, they all danced around, and I have to admit, the atmosphere was quite intoxicating somehow.

I ignored the whistles, and the flirting all around me and went straight to the ba

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter