Part 3/3 [Final]

Just One Day - 하루만
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The past few weeks Yoongi had spent with Jimin felt like a rollercoaster. It has its ups and downs but mostly downs. Yoongi was sure Jimin was the most annoying piece of in existence but he was also sure that somewhere along the ride, the same annoying qualities about the younger were becoming more and more endearing. His smile, his voice, his silly dances, everything was something Yoongi knew he would definitely miss once he parted ways with the other. And when Jimin said he was going to Taehyung's for weakened, Yoongi felt his heart drop a little to his stomach. "Oh..." he replied, disappointment written all over his face.

Jimin just flashed one of his signature smiles. The ones where his cheeks became very pinchable, his eyes invisible and Yoongi a bit light headed. "Don't miss me too much!"

"I would n-never!" Yoongi scoffed, removing his eyes that were plastered on Jimin's face. With the cutest pout he could manage, the younger blinked rapidly and whimpered. "Umm... what the hell are y- you doing?"

"Testing my new aegyo technique. I'll use it on Taehyung if he doesn't do as I say. He's a little rough to handle so I need to control him, if you know what I mean!" Jimin sounded so excited when he spoke about the orange headed male. And it pissed Yoongi off, a lot!

"So, uh... w-w-what do you d-do with your f-friend?" the elder cocked his right eyebrow as he pulled out his cellphone from his pocket. 

Jimin didn't pay any attention to Yoongi at all. He was busy packing his backpack with things he'd need. "The usual... video games, movies, and if I get lucky, maybe get some--" Jimin paused, distracted by his cell phone’s notification tone.

Some WHAT?! Yoongi's brain screamed as he managed not to yell out loud. Yoongi's mind was currently busy flashing inappropriate thoughts and images, his eyebrows furrowed, nose scrunched up in disapproval and a small unintentional mumbles, incomprehensible to the younger.

“Did you say something?” Jimin turned around to see an infuriated boy.

“N-nothing!” Yoongi snapped rather harshly and regretted it as soon as he did.

Jimin simply shrugged his shoulder, turned around, grabbed his backpack and headed towards the door. “Taehyung said he’s waiting for me downstairs, so I’ll be going then!” he waved the grumpy boy with the biggest frown on his face. “I left some chocolate and sweets for you with Dr. Jin, it’ll help with your mood swings.”

“I hate chocolate!” he replied with a bitter face. “Now g-go, your Taehyung is w-waiting for you”

“See ya!” the younger only replied in return as he opened the door of their shared room and left.

Why is he so excited? Annoying!

 

-

Yoongi sat there, thinking of things to right down on his notepad but nothing seemed to happen. He glanced over to Jimin’s empty bed, sighed, and back to the blank paper. Throwing the pencil across the room in frustration, he let out an annoyed grunt. Something was bothering him but he could not pin point what exactly this something was. There was no Jimin to annoy him so what else was it? Yoongi concluded that he needed some to get out of his room. That was it!

Making his way down to the hospital café, coffee would help, he thought, it always did. But not today. Sipping on his coffee, he wrinkled up his nose when the bitterness made contact with his tongue. It was too bitter, Yoongi concluded. But this was the way he always drank his coffee, at least until Jimin came into the picture and kept dropping droplets of sugar in the elder’s life. Annoyed at himself for being influenced by Jimin’s sweet tooth, he pushed him chair back to grab a few packs of sugar. Sugar in my coffee… he ridiculed at the thought while pouring 2 packs in. Stirring it to perfection, he took another sip and let the sweetness take over. “Stupid Jimin!” he muttered, the right corner of his mouth curling upwards slightly.

 

-

 

That night was torture for Yoongi. He simply lay in his bed, eyes glued to Jimin’s bed as he grunted every two seconds, shook his head.

"The usual... video games, movies, and if I get lucky, maybe get some--"

Yoongi’s mind was in the gutter as he imagined the two “friends” being a little too friendly with each other. He had no reason to be concerned about whatever Jimin did but he could not stand the thought of Jimin getting down and dirty with anyone. It troubled Yoongi so much that he had to slap himself a few times and question his sanity. Partly because when he imagined Jimin with himself instead, his mind filled with pleasure and content. He figured he’d get it checked the next day. There was no way Yoongi had fallen this hard for Jimin. Absolutely not!

 

-

“Can I ask you something?”

“Hmm..?”

“Can you help me with my song?”

“What?”

“I mean like, I don’t know how to compose so I’m asking for your help… so can you?”

“And why should I?”

“I’ll leave you alone if you do. I promise!”

“D-deal!” Yoongi replied with a very hesitant mind. He wasn’t so sure that that was what he wanted anymore. If anything, it was quite the opposite. In that one day that Jimin had gone to visit Taehyung, the elder had really somewhat missed his bothersome yet cheerful presence. But of course there was no way his pride would allow his outrageous feelings talk for him. He had to deal with everything objectively and rationally.

Jimin was not someone Yoongi thought he would come to like. He wasn’t even sure if this was liking the younger. It felt different, but whatever it was, this feeling was really annoying. It would make his guts churn, his chest tighten and his heart pound aggressively so much that he was afraid Jimin would hear it. And not to mention the dark circles it had given Yoongi after that sleepless night. He really needed to get away from Jimin, he concluded. But then his heart throbbed at the thought. He couldn’t stay in the hospital forever. He had to leave one day and so did Jimin. They had to part ways one day or another, that wasn’t going to change.

 

-

 

[December 27, 2013]

 

The clock kept ticking, time moving yet Jimin motionless. But he was breathing. That was for a fact as Dr. Jin had confirmed. Yoongi wasn’t. He held his breath as he waited for the younger to wake up, or at least make some sort of sign to let Yoongi know he hadn’t left him just yet.

“If anything happens, I want to leave before you” Yoongi had confessed to Jimin once. “Because I’m selfish. I can’t bear if anyone leaves me… so you can’t go before me.”

Jimin’s smiling eyes at that moment were so blinding, Yoongi had to cover his moist eyes to avoid any damage to his weak heart. “I won’t. I promised, remember?” The younger assured the elder.

“You promised…” Yoongi tightened his grip around Jimin’s limp hand. “If you break it, I swear Park Jimin… I- I- I’ll—“. A droplet formed onto Jimin’s pale hand and then another. Yoongi inwardly cursed himself for being so pathetic. But his tears wouldn’t stop. How could they when Jimin was like this?

It had been several days since the emergency surgery for Jimin’s lungs after that incident. And yet, the younger was still in a coma state. Doctor Jin had said Jimin would be fine, that it was normal but Yoongi knew that was a ing lie. He heard everything!

“Jin, stop lying to yourself! You know exactly how this turned out with your last patient. There is only a 13% chance that Jimin will wake up perfectly fine. The odds are against him and you know that! His new lungs just aren’t responding well with his body… lung failure is a definite possibility!”

“I’ll take any percent of hope I can, I will do everything possible to get him in the 13%!” Dr. Jin bitterly replied to Dr. Namjoon. “If anything happens to Jimin, I will quit my job as a doctor. If I can’t save him, I don’t deserve the title of a saviour!”

 

-

 

[3 weeks ago]

 

Strolling back and forth with his hand his chin, Jimin heaved out a great sigh as the elder watched the scene from his bed, frowning in annoyance.

“Sit down, y-you’re— m-m-making me l-lose concentration!” Yoongi scowled at the wandering male.

Jimin removed his hand from his chip and placed it on his hip. “But this is how I think…” he protested with an irresistible pout.

“You can think?” the elder sarcastically snickered, astounding the latter.

“You laughed… woah…” the fascinated look on his face was soon replaced with a wide smile as he noticed Yoongi frown at the response.

Stop bothering me and go think somewhere else, is what he had planned to say but instead what came out was: “what are you t-thinking about?” and returned to frowning as the younger’s eyes twinkled with excitement.

Jimin paced towards the elder who was sitting in his bed, a pencil and his notepad in his grasp. “The song that you agreed to help me with! I was thinking about the choreography and how Hoseok would have done it.”

“Hoseok…” Yoongi wasn’t sure if he was asking a about this person or already labeling his as another person he didn’t approve of. Taehyung was number 1 on that list now followed by Hoseok. But what concerned him more was the fact that he was so hot and bothered every time Jimin so excitedly mentioned someone else. And he knew exactly what this feeling was.

“Jealous?” Jimin interrupted Yoongi’s thoughts with a satisfied tone. Clearly someone was enjoying the nasty expression Yoongi sported when Hoseok was mentioned. Jimin noticed it was very similar to the one he wore whenever the name Taehyung escaped the younger’s mouth. Yoongi was so transparent at times and the latter thoroughly took advantage of that.

“Like hell!” W-why s-sh-should I-I be je-jealous…?” Yoongi’s mind was flustered and suddenly his eyes became uncontrollable as they rapidly moved from one thing to another, trying to find a comfortable place to rest on. Nothing seemed to calm his mind and his eyes continued to shift aimlessly. Jimin noticed this and sat down next to the struggling male. Cupping the other’s face between his palms, he noticed Yoongi’s pale skin flush bright red as his skin began heating up. The baffled male looked at everything but Jimin.

“Look at me, hyung!” Jimin softly spoke, his voice sending shivers down Yoongi’s spine. Yet he did still disobeyed the other. “Hyung... just look at me!” the tenderness in Jimin’s voice ached the elder’s heart. Giving up, he moved his unstable gaze towards the owner of the warm touch that made Yoongi’s body hot, twisting his guts. As their eyes met, Jimin’s gentle gaze instantly calmed the latter. His shoulders relaxed, his defenses down almost completely as he gave into the other’s chocolaty eyes.

Yoongi had lost all his sense by this point. He did not shrug the other off nor pushed him away, cursing. His mind had become numb and he only the person in front of him. This was the person, Yoongi realized, who made him feel at ease, made him laugh, made him content without wanting anything in return. This person was young and naïve yet sick, hurt, and traumatized, even more than Yoongi. This was the person, Yoongi admitted, he didn’t want to lose.

Without a second thought, with nothing blocking his vision but desire and other alien emotions, Yoongi’s face slowly inched towards Jimin, eyes  still interlocked, stomach turning and heart fluttering. An intense amount of warmth could be felt on Yoongi’s upper lip as it rested under Jimin’s breath. With his eyes now closed, the elder had paused mere millimeters away from Jimin’s parted lips, his lower brushing softly against the latter’s upper. Jimin’s hand had moved from Yoongi’s cheeks and landed swiftly on his shoulders instead.

The two remained motionless, breathing into each other. It was as if Yoongi was still unsure about continuing with his actions. Fighting against his brain, he let his heart take over. Eventually, Yoongi wrapped his lips around the other’s, feeling himself melting with pleasure. Jimin’s lips were soft, plump and Yoongi could taste chocolate. Yoongi hated chocolate, but he was now sure he liked didn’t hate Jimin. He figured if he could fall for the previously spiteful male, then chocolate was not going to be a problem.

But no matter how hard he tried to push away any other thoughts, his brain eventually look won. Parting his swollen lips from Jimin’s, Yoongi instantly regretted it as his heart longed for more but he knew he had to stop. He realized what his actions meant but wasn’t sure what to do next. Removing Jimin’s hands from his shoulder, he got up from his bed and silently left the room.

With a throbbing heart and an aching chest, Jimin shut his eyes tighter, beads of water strolling down his bright pink cheeks. He could feel his breath becoming unstable as he let out soft sobs. Covering his mouth, Jimin quietly sobbed into his hand soaked in tears. Curling up into fetal position with his right hand still tightly over his mouth, the muffled sobs became violent, causing him to lose balance as his body lay on Yoongi’s bed.

“Jimin please!”

“Just please… let me spend some time with Yoongi hyung!” Jimin pleaded.

“If we don’t move you now, your condition will wor

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter