Girl in Class

YulSic Cafe

SUMMARY : Being hated without doing anything? Kwon Yuri is confused.

 


 

Kwon Yuri's POV

 

 

Smile was visible on my lips as soon as I saw my best buddy Choi Sooyoung waving energetically at me, failing to notice her other company as I already envelope her to a buddy hug.

 

 

"..Have you gotten taller again, mate?" I asked, she's 2 cm taller than me. Around 170 cm the last time I checked.

 

 

"No. Kkab, anyways.. this is Tiffany our new classmate and Jessica her best friend. Guys, this is Yuri my best buddy." She introduced the two and that's when I realized she has a company.

 

 

"Oh, a pleasure meeting you." I said politely while bowing. "Nice meeting you too." The girl named Tiffany greeted back while the other one just stared at me blankly.

 

 

'Whoa, am I being hated?' The thought suddenly run on my mind, feeling slightly intimidated by the way she stares at me. "She's kind of pretty, what a waste." Another part of my mind butted in.

 

 


 

 

Jessica Jung as I found out.. is a crew on a 24 hours fast food chain in the next town. It was 2 a.m in the morning when the school band that I am part of finished practicing. Hungry, sleepy and tired but don't want to stay at my lonely apartment I decided to stroll around and that's when I accidentally stumble into this one 24 hrs fast food chain.

 

 

"What would you like to order?" It's not the question that makes me looked up but the owner of the voice. Yes, I admit that we've just met each other yesterday but due to the fact that she rarely talk, I get accustomed to her voice.

 

 

Our eyes met for a second before she looked away and I was left there dumbfounded by her unusual action.

 

 

"Wait? Does it mean that she doesn't want anyone to find out that she's working?" I immediately thought, not wanting to get awkward anymore I broke the silence. "Uhh. Don't worry Jessica-ssi I'm not going to say to anyone that you're working." She stares blankly at me for a second before saying. "Oh. Okay" Was it disappointment that I just heard? Too bad I wasn't listening well because I suddenly find myself staring at her.

 

"..So, your order?" I snapped out of my trance. "Yes. Ah, a cup of coffee and cheeseburger will do. Thanks."

 

I find it awkward. Talking with someone like Jessica Jung, she rarely talk. She always has that forever blank face and it's very very new to me because I always hang-out with Sooyoung, whose other than eating a lot also has a habit of talking non-stop.

 

 


 

 

It was Saturday morning that week when I found myself thinking about Jessica Jung, just like how it was when we first met, we still didn't talk to each other nor does she even smile at me whenever we accidentally shares eye-contact. So, that day I asked Sooyoung if Jessica Jung by any chance hates me.

 

 

"..You might be not in your right mind, buddy." Sooyoung said patting my shoulder.

 

 

"Well mate, I know I'm crazy most of the time but I'm not blind. I mean when she's with you and Tiffany she will smile, talk and laugh.. but with me, it's like she hated me the moment she saw me." I explained, not really have any idea why I'm complaining in the first place.

 

 

"..How about this? We go to the place she works at then let's find out if she really hates you." Sooyoung suddenly suggested. "..Now, who is not in her right mind?" I teased, and she just snorted.

 

 


 

 

"Hi. Jessica!" Sooyoung casually greeted the woman behind the counter. "Oh, Hi Sooyoung!" She greeted back and the moment she look at my direction she shifts her gaze away. "H-Hi Yuri." She said in a small voice and I couldn't help but feel defeated.

 

 

"Yeah, hi." I greeted back trying to hide my disappointment. Heck, why am I disappointed in the first place? It's not like I have a crush on her or something, oh lies. Of course I have a crush on her, she works hard.. working till late at night, she study well.. she can speak english like Tiffany, she's beautiful.. of course I have this small admiration towards her but knowing that she hates me.. Not really knowing but she's showing it so yeah. Let me just assume that she does. Sigh.

 

 

"Told you she hates me." I said, as me and Sooyoung decided to settle into the table not so far at the counter.

 

 

"You have any idea why, mate? I mean you're very much disappointed about the fact that she hates you.. do you like her?" I suddenly choke on my own saliva, it is of course pretty much easy to admit to yourself that you like someone but saying it to your best buddy who talks a lot is a whole different story.

 

 

"W-Well. I--"

 

 

"So? You like Jessica?" She suddenly blurted out and I suddenly had this urge to kick my best buddy for saying it aloud.

 

 

"Do you?" She repeated, like she's trying to fish out some information to me. "Alright. Yes. I like her, happy?"

 

 

"Very." I regretted saying that because she suddenly waved her phone in front of me.. and I clearly saw she mouthed 'recorded'.

 

 

"..Sometimes I'm thinking why I even befriend you in the first place."

 

 

She just shrugs at me before saying. "You'll see. Who knows maybe you will also be kind to the point that you'll treat me in a buffet."

 

 

"..You wish." I retorted while she just grinned in return.

 

 


 

 

Will you say that luck isn't in your side when you got paired up to the person who you think hates you? I think that depends, especially if the person you think hates you turns out to have a big crush on you.

 

 

"..Y-You've gotta be kidding me?" It isn't exactly what I want to say but it's the one that comes out so there's obviously nothing I can do about it.

 

 

"N-No, well. I really like you.. I know it's weird that we don't talk much but it's like love.. attraction at first sight something like that." I stood in front of our laboratory table with mouth wide open.

 

 

"Wow..." I uttered totally amazed.

 

 

"..That's the first time I heard you talk a lot." She once again looked away, and that's the first time I saw Jessica Jung blushing.

 

 

"..You're not lying, right?" I asked, trying to remove the awkwardness. "About what?"

 

 

I scratched the back of my neck before speaking. "When you said that, the reason you're not talking to me is because you like me?"

 

 

"Yes."

 

 

"I actuall---" I paused when she get something to her pants pocket.

 

 

Her phone. And after a second, something playedon her phone making my face turned red because of embarrassment.

 

 

"So? You like Jessica?"

 

 

"Do you?"

 

 

"Alright. Yes. I like her, happy?"

 

 

"Very."

 

 

"..Uhm.." She suddenly hummed, making me turned to her. "I'm sorry, I kind of told Tiffany that I like you and well she's really loud and annoying sometimes.. she accidentally told it to Sooyoung, then she said she'll help me find out if you like me too."

 

 

At that moment I decided to make a mental note to treat Sooyoung in a dinner buffet.

 

 

"..I actually like you too. S-Should we do it?" I suddenly stuttered but my eyes are fixed on her. "D-Do what?"

 

 

I laughed at her surprise expression but immediately stops and look at her once again. "Let's  date?" She asked totally uncertain. Not answering after a second I saw her panicked. "I mean if you don---" I cut her off

 

 

"I don't see any reason not to agree." I stated. "Then are we--" I cupped her cheeks and pressed my lips into her forehead.

 

 

"..No silly, let's take it slow." I said sincerely and I'm loving that I am the one who makes her blush so much.

 

 

"Yes. Lets" She said and I patted her head before smiling sweetly.

 

 


 

(A/N : Hello again, I finally updated. Sorry for making you wait.. I don't even know if somebody is still awake by this time. Thank you for 23 votes and 127 subscribers, of course too my silent readers as well. --- Raven | @XYZ_Alois <3