“I’m not going to work today, Dad...”

Sweet Little Somethings...

Meanwhile at Jenny’s ward...

“I’m really sorry though, Jenny. I shouldn’t have pinned you to the wall...I just can’t control myself. I think I’ve been single for too long now.” Jay spoke a bit sad as of now.

Bom’s eyes got all orange-shaped and circled as he said those words. ‘So, he’s been single all these years?’

Without thinking, Jenny placed a soft kiss on his ex-boyfriend’s cheek.

Now, it was Jaebeom’s turn for his Asian eyes to widen. ‘Tell me this is a dream. She just kissed me! THIS AIN’T TRUE! Oh, my...I would never thought...Argh! Somebody, smack my mack! I’mma go crazy!’

Silence came and the close space between them seems so distant. Jay was there, his cheeks all fired up like how a doll’s cheeks glow, his toes curling up, and his head tilted the opposite way to where she was. He was such a girl. And there was sick Jenny, also clouded with endless questions on why she did what she had done a while ago. Her face was, too, red as a cherry, her hands clutched on the blanket tightly. Both of them were already spaced out and in their own worlds as time gradually walked by.

“I-I...I didn’t expect that to...happen.” he rubbed the back of his neck, eyes still downcast.

“Me...too.” she stated, also a bit dazed.

“I’m sorry.” they both chorused out before giggling shyly.

Bom took in a deep breath. “I’m really sorry though, Jay. I shouldn’t have done it...”

“The what?”

“The...kiss.”

And Jay’s heart broke.

-------------

It was on his mind. Those words were craving to speak out from his mouth; well it was hanging from his tongue already; it was coming.

“Is there something wrong, Hyun? Did you wake up crankily?” asked Min Ah, rubbing her hand on his arm.

In return, he gave her a deathly stare. “Don’t make me start the day with your fake acts again.”

His father had heard the conversation and was terribly, horribly, pissed.

“Choi Seunghyun! That is not the proper way to talk to your wife!” he yelled out, banging his fists on the table.

“I was just asking if he was okay...” Min Ah was acting all childish again and that made Seunghyun wanna punch her. His mother had seen the look on his son’s face and didn’t think twice than to say soothing words to him.

“Hyun, sweetie, calm down...Min Ah, I’m sorry about Seunghyun. He’s been waking up these mornings on the wrong side of the bed...”

Seunghyun sighed.

“I’m not going to work today, Dad...”

And there it was.

The family, including evil Min Ah, had settled down for a nice breakfast at Seunghyun’s. While they were eating, all that he could think of was that kiss.

Well, he wasn’t really involved in that kiss, but it was the kiss between the girl he saved and the guy who barged out of nowhere. ‘I mean, where did that guy even come from?’

It was just a kiss on the cheek, nothing personal. ‘Maybe they were siblings? Nah, that’s impossible! I saw her blushing though, how come would they be siblings?’

‘Or maybe they’ve had HAD a relationship before? Maybe they’re exes now...’

That scene had been replaying on his mind day by day and it bothered him. His work, his leisure time, his appetite, his sleep, EVERYTHING. And what irritated him the most was, he didn’t even know why it distracted him; why it had been haunting his brain. Was he going crazy? Well, I don’t know, why don’t you ask him? Was he stupid? Nobody’s too smart to be smart, so I guess he is...

Was he...falling in love at first sight?

Was that the reason why he feels like going insane?

Well, it was not the kiss that got him dreaming again only. It has been a week since the girl he saved had been confined in the hospital and the nurses said that she still had to be there for two weeks since her foot was getting worse. During the whole week, all he did was stalk her...

“You’re not going to work? Why?” his father asked once again.

“Just because....”

“Son, you have been absent at work for a week! What’s happened to you?” Mrs. Choi questioned his son too.

“I just feel like...Like I don’t want to work...” he answered.

“I’m going for a vacation next month.” Seunghyun stated.

“Where’re you going, Hyunnie? Can I come?” Min Ah interrogated him using her blinding charms which men find very appealing. Well, not to Seunghyun, at least. Maybe he’s not a man? Perhaps, something else, eh? (LOL!)

“You? Why would I waste my vacation with you? I’m going with someone else!”

“But, we haven’t spent time together for a long time now!” she answered back.

His father nodded. “I agree with Min Ah, Seunghyun. You two haven’t been spending quality time together since, since your cousin’s marriage! And that was last year!”

Seunghyun stood up. “It’s a business trip, dad! I can’t bring her there!” he actually lied.

He was planning for a vacation in Jeju Island for a month so that he could relax get to know Bom better. He was thinking of having a nice dinner under the starlight beside the beach with her whilst hiring two bodyguards that would ensure that the place is anti-Min Ah and Min Ah-free. He sure is over-reacting but that’s the way he is. He believes that he was born to hate Min Ah with all the possible reasons there is to be hating her.

“Well, if you say so. I guess Min Ah’s got to stay with us for th—“

“DAD! Min Ah has her own mansion, for crying out loud! Don’t let her stay in my house!”

And Tabi marched away.

-------------

Bom was there, plopped on the bed, flipping the TV channels back and forth. All she could see was actress-singer, Shin Min Ah, squeaking her voice to the beat of the music. She doesn’t know why she hates her. There was just a feeling of hatred boiling in Bom’s blood whenever she sees her, may be on television or live. She just doesn’t kno—

Knock, knock.

There’s that ole knock pattern again. It’s 7 PM, and that means visiting hours are up ‘til midnight now. A guy cladded in a black shirt paired with acid-washed colored jeans had sneaked into the room, pushing a wheelchair with plastic containers that had food in it. It sort of looked like...Jajangmyeon!

“Dongwook! Hey! What are you doing here with all these...These food!” Bom exclaimed, her eyes lighting up.

It was Se7en who visited him, and he looked disappointed as he heard her speak.

“Why is it that when I don’t bring food for you, you get all cranky and tend to spank me but when there’s food here, you pretend to be an angel!” he stated, his lips curving downwards.

“Hey! I am an angel, aren’t I?” she answered back as she slapped his shoulder.

“And you still hit me?! I’ve brought food for you already!”

Bom could do nothing but laugh at his silliness.

“Okay, okay...I’m sorry. Now, what brings you here with Jajangmyeon by your side? Is there a special ocassion?” asked Jenny, staring at the food.

Se7en scratched his head. “Well, not really. But, you do know that it is both yours and my agreement to be different, right?”

“Different? Agreement? Yah! Is there something that I should know here?!”

He rolled his eyes at the thought. “Don’t you remember? It’s October 14 today! Didn’t we agree to celebrate Black day on the 14th of October?”

“Oh, that’s it...”

“Now, to celebrate our singleness in this Black day, we’re gonna eat Jajangmyeon!”

Bom clapped her hands in excitement and tried to reach out to the food.

“BUT!” Se7en blurted out.

“But, what?”

“But, we haven’t got the chance to celebrate White Day, so, for tonight, we’re celebrating both White and Black Day.”

“Isn’t it that on White Day, guys are gonna give girls candies?” she clarified.

“And that’s why we’re leaving here. C’mon and hop on to this wheelchair. There’s a surprise waiting for you!”

Se7en assisted Bom with sitting down on the chair and he pushed her to his ‘surprise’. They arrived at the garden near the hospital and she asked why they were there. He didn’t answer but instead, pointed to the open area. There were rides and gingerbread houses, and all! ‘Have I already died? Last time I checked, this looked like heaven! So many candies! Ooh, is that a corn statue over there?!’

Dongwook pushed her to the end of the place where a line of nutcracker-dressed men waited for them, their swords up and pointed to each other’s point, making it look like a roof. As they walked (Or should I say rolled, in Bom’s state), under the swords, tiny snowflakes fell on Bom’s petite nose. At the end of the sword-roof thing, there was another gingerbread man house waiting for them. Se7en opened the door and Bom’s eyes widened so big that it looked like her eyes were gonna pop out.

“D-Dongwook...W-wha—“

“Surprise, Bom!”

-----------------

I'M BACK! Did you guys miss me? LOOOOL!

It's been a month since I've updated now! Only God knows how much I've missed you guys! (And yer comments!)

Anyways, been back from Singapore and had been in school for almost two weeks now. I've been taking tests here and there.

COMMENT AND SUBSCRIBE PLEEEEEASE!

G2G. I love ya guys!

 

--AJ.