Bookstores, Popcorn, and Boys

My Six Children

Sunday. Finally.

My day off.

I got up, did my usual routine to get ready in the morning, then changed into black jean shorts, a plain white T-shirt, and an oversized denim button-up shirt. Before heading out the door, I said bye to my parents. There wasn't really a point, though; they were immersed in some T.V. show.

Walking down the street, I let the soft wind brush my hair from my shoulders, and the sun warm up my whole body. I placed my earbuds in both ears and my iPod, turning it to Super Junior's Mr. Simple. I resisted the urge to dance to the song as I walked, taking note of all the people surrounding me. I strolled through the seas of people until I was very close to my favorite place -- the bookstore. A smile crept its way onto my face as I neared it more and more.

That was until someone decided to stop me by running into me. Their bag and notebooks dropped to the ground, scattering everywhere under pedestrians' feet.

"Omo, mianhamnida." I bowed quickly before dropping to my knees to help the stranger pick up his things.

"Aniyo, it's fine. And why are you speaking so formally?" The stranger laughed.

This stranger wasn't so "strange" anymore. I could recognize that voice and laugh anywhere. "Yoseob?" I whispered. If I would've said it any louder, I would have been trampled by girls right then and there.

"Yep." He gave me his famous cheeky smile. His disguise today consisted of a ball cap, big sunglasses, along with an unnecessary mask to cover the rest of his face.

"What are you doing out?" I asked, handing him a notebook.

"You make it sound like the dorm is a jail or something." He laughed again, pulling down his mask to talk to me.

I rolled my eyes. "Maybe for some people it is."

"Aww, we can't be that bad." I could tell that, behind his sunglasses, he was pouting at me with big puppy dog eyes.

I gave him a look. Yes, they were that bad.

"Alright, alright. Well, that doesn't make my mission any easier." He said, sighing as we walked together.

"Mission?" I raised an eyebrow. A mission from B2ST never ends up in anything good. At least, not for me.

"The hyungs and Dongwoon wanted me to find you and bring you to the dorm."

"Whaaat?" I whined. "It's my only day off! I was gonna spend the whole day reading." I crossed my arms over my chest, letting out an irritated sigh.

"But this'll be fun! You don't have to work!" He tried recovering from the bad news he just delivered to me.

"What do you mean?" We stepped aside and stopped, out of people's way.

Yoseob gave me a bright smile. "Game night!" He exclaimed.

I shushed him, worried some extremely devoted B2TY might recognize his voice. "But I'm just your housekeeper; I can't be playing games with you." I knew the limits of my contract, and I was pretty sure it didn't include game nights.

"Aw, come on. You're our friend." He smiled once again at me, flashing a perfect grin.

I inwardly groaned. What would their manager say? What would my parents think?

"Pleeeeeeeaaase?" He begged, giving me the best (and cutest) pout I think I'd ever seen.

"Fine, fine, I'll come." I sighed, regretting immediately what I had just done.

"Yay~! It'll be so much fun!! I promise!" Yoseob bounced up and down excitedly. "Let's go!" He grabbed my hand and began dragging me back into the flow of people.

"W-wait! Right now?!"

"Of course!" He said simply, towing me back to the boys' dorm.

*

"Seobie, how did you get her to come?" I heard Doojoon's voice as soon as I turned the corner into the living room.

"Wait, wait, wait. Let me guess. Aegyo?" Hyunseung gave me a smug smile before turning to Yoseob.

I rolled my eyes and set down my bag. "So." I sat down on the floor beside Junhyung. "What are we doing?"

"Playing a game to see who gets to pick the movie for tonight." Dongwoon said, sitting on the other side of me.

"Movie?" I glared at Yoseob from across the little circle we had all formed. "I thought this was just a game night."

"Eheheh..." He laughed nervously, rubbing the back of his neck. "Did I not mention a movie?"

I sighed heavily. "Whatever." I dismissed it, knowing it wouldn't make a difference; I was stuck there.

"Okay. This is simple." Doojoon announced in all of his leader-ness. "Hackey sack."

A few people groaned, but others were excited. Me... Well, I'd never tried it before.

I went last. The score, when it got to me was:

Junhyung: 4

Yoseob: 6

Kikwang: 5

Hyunseung: 7

Doojoon: 5

Dongwoon: 3

I held the bag, filled with sand in my hand awkwardly, not really sure how to approach this without making a fool of myself.

"Are you gonna go any time soon? Christmas is right around the corner." Hyunseung pressed, becoming impatient. Psh, just because he was winning...

I shot him daggers, telling him to shut it. Hesitantly, I threw the hackey sack in the air, and, when it came back down... It actually hit my foot! But, as it flew up in the air again, it took a drastic turn.

Into the kitchen.

Every B2ST member burst into laughter, some holding their stomachs. I stood in the middle of the living room, dumbfounded. It didn't even look that hard! How did THAT happen?!

"Well, I think we know who didn't win." Kikwang said, a smug smile still on his face.

I rolled my eyes.

"Yay~! I get to pick the movie!" Hyunseung cheered, bouncing up and down. He ended up picking out a horror movie.

Fantastic.

Me, being the only girl with six other guys, had no say in the decision, of course. Boys would be boys, and boys like violence, so of course no one opposed the idea of a horror movie.

To watch the movie comfortably, and since there was no couch in the living room, we brought out thick and fluffy blankets in the room, piling them on top of each other for a makeshift mattress. When we all settled down, and the DVD had been put in, Yoseob laid on Junhyung's stomach, Dongwoon and Doojoon were leaning on each other, and Hyunseung was on his stomach, his chin in his hands with his elbows supporting him. Kikwang and I opted to be normal and sit like, well... normal... human beings.

Half way through the movie, and ten people were already dead. Massacred. With an axe. Luckily it was dark in the room, so if I closed my eyes during the "scary" parts, no one would noticed. The boys were so engrossed in the movie, I wondered if they had blinked in the last half hour.

It was a two-part movie, divided into two sections. So, I guess you could say it had a "half-time." During this half-time, we paused the movie and flicked on the lights just in the kitchen. Instinctively, I got up and walked into the kitchen. "Anyone want popcorn?" I asked, already searching in the cabinets for some.

"Me!" Yoseob shouted.

"Me too!" Kikwang echoed.

"Me three!" Hyunseung continued.

"Me fou--"

"Okay, I get it!" I finally yelled back. All I needed to know was to make a lot of popcorn.

And, minutes later, the smell of salt and butter filled the dorm. I walked into the living room with three bowls of popcorn -- all humongous.

"One for you two," I handed some to the Yoseob/Junhyung pair. "one for you guys," The next bowl went to Doojoon and Dongwoon. "aaaand, one for us." I sat in between Hyunseung and Kikwang, setting the popcorn on my lap.

They all said thank you simultaneously. It almost sounded like they were singing (haha).

"Alright, are we set?" Doojoon asked, pointing the remote at the T.V.

Everyone nodded, and the movie started again.

And once again, some random crazy person was walking around a neighborhood, killing everyone he saw, with his already bloody axe. I suddenly lost my appetite, and handed the popcorn to Hyunseung, who had been eating most of it anyway. I tried closing my eyes for the whole thing, but hearing it was even worse than watching and hearing it. I tried not to jump every time the murderer would walk around a corner or swing his axe. But of course I failed.

Kikwang noticed one time, after I accidentally bumped shoulders with him from being surprised when the crazy axe person suddenly popped out of a freaking bush. Like the typical Kikwang that he is, he laughed slightly at my reaction, smirking at me. I was mad at him, but mostly embarrassed. I could feel my cheeks turning red and ears burning and focused my eyes on my feet instead of the screen.

Someone's warm breathe tickled my ear. "Are you okay?"

It was Kikwang. Maybe he felt guilty when he saw that I was actually scared. I looked up at him and shook my head. As embarrassing as it was, this movie was god-awful. I couldn't take it anymore.

Kikwang swiftly, like a ninja of course, grabbed the remote and paused the movie.

"Yah! What are you doing?! It was getting to the good part!" Hyunseung whined, glaring at his bandmate.

"You call that good?" I mumbled under my breathe. The murderer was about to break into a house, and he calls that the good part?

"Sorry." Kikwang says, standing up. "But Jieun's already seen this movie. And I think it's boring. We were gonna run to the store and grab junk food for after the movie." He says coolly, looking at me in a way as to say "Stand up."

Everyone exchanged glances before agreeing, then shooing us off so that they could finish their movie.

Once we were outside the apartment room, our scarves and jackets wrapped tightly around us, I spoke. "Thanks."

The idol's famous smirk returned to his lips as he looked down at me. "You're welcome."

I rolled my eyes, but smiled nonetheless.

This was going to be the longest grocery trip ever. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I AM SO SORRY. OTL School is awful. I hate it. With a passion. I wish I could update more often ;~; I'll try to do better >< Thanks for everyone who's already subscribed, just after one chapter :3 You're awesome~ ♥ Please comment, and tell me what you think! ^^ Is the story moving too fast? Do you like it so far? Etc. Just let me know~~