Cake!

My Six Children

"I thought we were going to the store." I stuffed my hands deeper into the wool pockets of my winter coat, trying to keep them warm.

"We are." Kikwang replied, continuing to look in front of him.

"The store is in the other direction." I said matter-of-factly, wondering if he was directionally challenged or just stupid.

"Yeah, the grocery store is in the other direction. We're not going there." He held his gloved hand out in front of him, catching a few snowflakes in his palm; the small flakes of ice melted on contact with the warm leather.

"Then where are we going?" Where else was there to go in this direction? The only place I knew of was...

"The park!" He exclaimed with a child-like voice, practically jumping up and down.

I sighed harshly. It was below thirty degrees, snowing, and two o'clock in the afternoon, and he wanted to go to the park?!

"What? You don't like the park?" He looked at me with his famous pouty lips and puppy dog eyes.

"No, you said we were going to a store." I rolled my eyes at his childishness.

"I lied." Kikwang shrugged his shoulders, brushing off the situation.

I sighed again and shook my head; I refuse to believe that he is twenty-two.

"Come on, it's fun to play in the snow!" He threw an arm casually around my shoulder, keeping in step with my pace of walking.

"What?" Was the only thing I could say before Kikwang took off, and landed in a giant pile of collected snowflakes.

"Come play!" He yelled, waving an arm in the air, motioning for me to join him.

I hesitated, and looked around to see if anyone was watching. Nope. Sighing, I let a big smile spread across my face before running towards the childish idol and plopping down in the snow right beside him.

We continued to play in the fluffy snow, eventually starting a snowball fight. Which I won, of course.

"I told you I'd win." I breathed as we layed in the snow once again, staring up at the sky.

"I let you win." Kikwang replied, rolling his eyes.

"Yeah right."

"I did! There's no way you could beat me. At anything."

I scoffed. "Oh really?"

"Yeah, really." He replied confidently.

"Fine, then. We'll make a bet." I proposed the idea, and almost immediately regretted it.

"Okay. Let's say... I can get a kiss before you can."

"That's not fair! You're an idol!" I sat up quickly and glared at him, who remained lying down.

"No, no. We're going to America next week for a concert. So the bet has to happen there." He smirked, and then sat up also.

"But how do I know you'll actually do it?" I raised an eyebrow at him; needless to say, being across the world, it would be easy to lie about something.

"Because you're going with us."

*

"We're back~!" Kikwang announced when we finally arrived back at the dorm.

"What did you get?" I guess the movie was over, because everyone was sprawled out on the couch and the floor. Hyunseung was the only one who bothered to turn and look at us when he asked a question.

"Oops." Kikwang looked at me like the world had ended. We were playing in the snow and had lost track of time, then completely forgot to go by the store on our way home.

"What?" Yoseob popped up from where we couldn't see, looking like he had just woken up.

"Sorry... We got, um, distracted, and forgot about the store." I explained slowly and carefully, as to not step on any landmines.

"Ughh.." Everyone complained. Typical.

"Look, I'll bring you cake or something tomorrow before I get here, 'kay?" Cake always makes everything better, right?

"Really?!" Dongwoon spoke up from his spot on the floor.

"I promise." I tried not to laugh at their childishness. "But you can't eat it until after lunch." I added, realizing after I said it how much of a mother I sounded like.

"But that's not fun!!" Hyunseung whined.

"Hey. At least I'm bringing you cake."

*

As promised, the next day on the way to the dorm, I stopped by a bakery and picked up a cake that was big enough for the six of them to share. I decided on a chocolate cake with strawberry frosting, settling for everyone's tastes.

"I come bearing cake!" I announced as I walked in the door, hoping that the announcement of cake might get them out of bed faster.

Nothing.

"You guys! I said cake!" I knocked on their door.

"It doesn't matter." I heard Doojoon grumble from inside.

"Yeah, we don't get it until later anyway." Yoseob chimed in.

I sighed. "Well if you don't get out of bed now, then you won't get cake. Ever." I threatened.

Yeah, that woke them up.

They immediately rushed out the door, most of them fully dressed. Most.

"Kikwang, put a shirt on." Junhyung nagged, throwing a wifebeater on Kikwang's head.

Kikwang just collapsed on the couch, the wifebeater still on his head, too tired to care.

"Come on, you have a schedule." I grabbed the white piece of clothing off of his head, while avoiding looking at his exposed torso. "You can't be late for it this time."

"Will you go with me?" He mumbled, his eyes closed.

"Are you sleep talking? You're crazy. Now get up." He was barely half awake, so I just brushed off his question. Plus, I don't even think I'm allowed to do that.

Kikwang just grunted in response, turning on his side into a more comfortable position. I sighed. "Everyone else has already left! You have to at least get off the couch." I grabbed his wrist and attempted to pull him from his sleeping spot. Key word: attempted.

Kikwang didn't budge, but instead thought that it would be funny if he pulled me down to the couch with him, with no chance for me to escape.

"Yah! Lee Kikwang! Let go of me!" I squirmed in his tight arms that encircled my body, but to no avail. His muscles weren't just for show.

"Nah, don't feel like it." He relaxed his arms a bit when I stopped moving.

"I don't really care if you 'don't feel like it'; I don't appreciate being taken hostage." I slapped his arm, since that was the only place I could reach at the moment.

"Too bad. You're my hostage now." His breath wisped over my ear, making it, and the rest of my body, burn. I could feel my cheeks flare up in a furious blush, and tried to look away to hide it. I was afraid that he would be able to hear my heart beating. It wasn't my fault! He was attractive, I had to admit. And if being hugged around the waist while on a couch by a shirtless K-pop idol doesn't make you blush, there's a problem. "So, do I really have a schedule today?" Kikwang asked after a short silence.

I hesitated. "... No."

Kikwang let out a dramatic gasp, like he was actually shocked. "You LIED to me? How could you?!"

"Oh, shut up." 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So short TT TT But look on the bright side! I'm updating all of my stories today :D Yay!

Anyway, how are you lovely people doing? I have a question. Have you ever wondered what I look like? lol I always wonder what my readers look like~ Is that weird? keke

ANYWAY, like I said, I'll be up late updating stories and such.

:'>