What A Kid

My Six Children

"Yah! Yang Yoseob! Get up now!" I threw a stray pillow over the towering bunk beds, hoping it would hit the sleeping B2ST member.

"Don't throw pillows at me; your yelling is enough to wake me up." He grumbled, finally lifting his head up from his pillow. He ruffled his messy hair, making it fall perfectly into place.

I rolled my eyes at his idol abilities (AKA: looking good without effort) and huffed out of the room, finally starting on making breakfast. I sighed when I saw the dirty dishes in the sink still piled high and empty, half drank coffees littered everywhere. "What did I tell them about these?" I muttered to myself as I picked up the cans, poured them out, and then tossed them in the recycling bin.

"Is breakfast ready yet?" A disheveled and still half-asleep Dongwoon shuffled slowly into the living room, rubbing his eyes.

"No," I sighed again. "I just got done waking up everyone's lazy butts." I measured the water and rice evenly, then pressed the 'Cook' button.

Dongwoon didn't reply, just laid on the hardwood floors of the living room and drifted back to sleep.

I shook my head. 'He could've at least laid on a blanket or something.' Just then, the rest of B2ST walked in, some fully dressed, others to yet put on a shirt.

"Guys, please." I spat. "Put on a shirt."

"Oh, come on Jieun-ah," Kikwang stretched, reaching his arms far towards the ceiling (probably just to show off his abs). "You should get used to it."

I scoffed. "I find it gross and offensive. How am I supposed to get used to it?"

"Gross? You think my abs are gross?" He asked, in disbelief.

I was about to fire something sarcastic back at him, if it weren't for their manager walking in. "I see you guys are getting along... As usual." We all rolled our eyes. "Anyway," He sighed. "You guys have filming for a show that shows off idol's dorms. So this place better be clean in..." Their manager checked his watch. "Three hours."

"Three hours?!"

Everyone looked surprised by my outburst.

"Yes..." The manager eyed me like I was crazy. "Is that a problem?" His look quickly turned to a threatening one.

"O-oh. Um, no, it's not." I mumbled, looking down at my feet. 'Of course it's a problem! This place is a mess!! Look at it!'

"Good. I'll be back in two hours, just to check." And with that, he shut the door behind him, leaving me with six lazy boys to clean a massive dorm in three hours. Great.

"So, you guys--"

"Breakfast!" They all shouted, excited by the 'ding' of the rice cooker.

"Ugh." I slapped a hand over my face. "This is gonna be a long day." I proceeded in making the rest of the boys' breakfast quickly, trying not to waste any time that I could use cleaning. And, whether they liked it or not, they were going to help, too.

*

"Noonaaaa~ I don't feel like cleaning anymoooore~" Hyunseung complained from the boys' room.

"I don't care!" I shouted back, in the kitchen. "And what did I tell you about calling me noona?! I'm four years younger than you!!" I scrubbed harder at the dishes, hoping it would help me relieve some anger.

I could hear him whine more. I sighed. "Junhyung oppa, have you picked up all the dirty clothes in the living room?"

"Yes, Jieun-ah." He sang, and out of the corner of my eye I saw him carrying an arm-full of laundry to the laundry room.

"Thank you!" I called. At least someone was actually doing work. Usually, they wouldn't have to help me clean, but since we're a tad short on time, it calls for desperate measures.

"Jieun-ah, what do you want me to do with these?"

I turned to see Doojoon staring at me, almost with a helpless look, his arms filled with presents from fans.

If it weren't such a serious time right then, I would've laughed at his expression. "Just put them somewhere, but neatly, okay?" He nodded, walking off to begin organizing the gifts.

The noise of rushed cleaning filled the apartment instead of the usual sound of loud, obnoxious boys messing around. It was a rare sound, and I took it in as much as I could -- I might not ever hear it again. I checked the clock: 10:00 PM. 'So late already... The camera crew for the show would be here in an hour, so their manager should be coming soon.' As if on cue, the doorbell rang.

"I'll get iiiit~!" Kikwang shouted, running towards the front door.

"Well, it looks better." The manager commented, inspecting the dorm. "Who was in charge of the front entrance and shoes?"

"No one, yet, sir." I said, focusing still on the pile of dirty dishes.

He gave me a death stare for a moment, but then sighed. "I'll do it. You only have so much time and so many people."

I smiled at his words. "Thank you so much!" He could act cold sometimes, but when it came down to it, the manager was a nice person.

"So are you gonna stay for the recording?" Hot breath tickled my right ear, making me jump.

"God, Kikwang. Don't scare me like that." I elbowed him away from behind me, concentrating once more on the problem at hand -- a mountain of dishes.

He pouted, sticking out his bottom lip. "You're no fun."

I rolled my eyes. "Whatever. Did you finish cleaning the bathroom?"

"Yes." He sighed dramatically. "I still can't believe I got stuck doing that."

"That's what you get for losing at rock-paper-scissors." I laughed, remembering his loss streak: 10.

He pouted even more, puffing out his cheeks.

"Quit acting like a kid. If you're done cleaning the bathroom, help me here. I still have a ton to do."

"Fine." He slipped on a pair of rubber gloves and grabbed a few plates, running them under hot water.

After the dishes, front entrance, bedroom, living room, and kitchen were all cleaned, we sat in a circle in the living room. The boys were tired out, and used each other as pillows. I sat against the wall, my nose towards the ceiling, eyes closed.

"All right, there's no time to be tired. The camera crew will be here in fifteen minutes. You guys have to get dressed." B2ST's Manager spoke, patting Junhyung on the back.

They all groaned, but got up anyway and headed to their "dressing room" where all their clothes were.

"I guess I'll be leaving." I smiled weakly at their manager, heaving myself up from the floor.

"Good work, Jieun-ssi." He smiled back, and we shook hands.

I closed the door behind me, leaving my second life behind. I shuffled down the hallway, buttoning up my jacket. I passed the camera crew that was supposed to be there on my way to the elevator. I shook my head as I pressed the 'down' button. Then it hit me. 'I forgot my scarf!' I moaned, slapping myself on the forehead. How in the world could I forget my scarf on such a cold day?! I sighed, knowing I couldn't go back and get it now. That stupid camera was already at B2ST's dorm.

"Jieun-ah! Jieun-ah! Wait!!" I turned around at the familiar voice, and my eyes widened at the equally familiar figure running down the hallway towards me. "You forgot your scarf." Kikwang breathed, holding out my red and black checkered scarf.

I took it from him slowly. "Thanks..." 'He ran all the way just to give it to me? During a recording?'

"You're welcome." He flashed me a smile. "I gotta go back now. See you tomorrow?"

"Yeah."

He smiled once more as he ran back to his dorm, apologizing for leaving so suddenly.

I laughed as the elevator doors opened, and walked in to the empty space. 'What a kid.'

As I exited the apartment complex, I wrapped my scarf around my neck tighter, and pulled it over my nose. 'So cold...' The freezing temperatures made me long for the fall weather; not too hot, not too cold. Thinking about autumn made me recall the past month.

"Appa, are you okay?" I asked my father as he walked in, slamming the door violently behind him.

"Yes, Jieun..." I could tell he was lying. I decided not to ask, though. Judging by his tone of voice, he wasn't exactly in the mood to talk about it.

The next day, once my father had gone to work, I went downstairs to talk to my mom. "Umma, what's wrong with appa?" I asked, forcing myself not to grab an apple off the counter. Our family isn't the richest since Umma just lost her job and everything.

My mother sighed, putting down the knife she was holding. "Jieun... Your father lost his job."

"What?" I asked. My stomach dropped to the floor, along with my heart.

She closed her eyes and took a shaky breath. "He's going out today to try and find another one. He just didn't want to tell you kids."

That's when I resolved that I would have to get a job -- and a high paying one, at that. And what better job than cleaning B2ST's dorm? Good pay, and good company.

*

"Open. The. Door. Now!" I yelled for the umpteenth time, pounding on the boys' door.

"Go away~" I could hear Doojoon's muffled voice from inside.

"We're trying to sleep." Hyunseung continued.

I sighed, clenching my fists. It was like this every morning! This time they just decided to lock me out!! "That's the problem! I'm supposed to wake you up by seven thirty, and it's seven forty-five! You're LATE!"

As soon as the last word rolled off my tongue, the door swung open, revealing an obviously irritated Junhyung. "It's too early to be alive." He said as he walked past me, and collapsed on the floor in the living room.

"See? Junhyung oppa is being a good little boy. Now get your fat selves up!" I said this, knowing it would offend two people: Hyunseung and Dongwoon.

My predictions came true, and they both shot up out of bed. "Who's fat?!" They asked at the same time.

"No one. Now since you're awake, go to the living room." I smiled in triumph as they sauntered to the living room, also laying on the floor.

"Yoseob~ If you get up, I'll buy you cookies~" I tried bribing him. The only technique I hadn't tried it.

"Really?" He sat up straight in bed, looking down at me.

"Really."

"Ok~" He sang, jumping down from his top bunk and walking out of the room.

'Four down, two to go.' I peeked at the still sleeping Doojoon. 'Psh, he's the leader and he's one of the last out of bed.' "Come on, get up, leader. Set a good example for your kids." I shook him slowly, back and forth.

"Fine." He grunted before following suit and going to the living room.

"Aaaand, last but not least. The laziest of them all. Lee Kikwang." I sighed, staring at the Mickey and Minnie mouse-themed bed with a sleeping log on it. "I know you're not really asleep."

Nothing.

"Come on, I'm not stupid. You can't sleep through that." I leaned into his bed, holding onto the ladder leading up to the top bunk.

Nothing, again.

"Kikwang, get up. Now." I tried a sterner approach.

Nothing. Again.

I sighed, climbing into the mess of comforters and sheets of Hyunseung's bed, beside Kikwang's. "Get up, please~" I chimed, shaking his arm gently.

Suddenly, his arm grabbed mine, pulling me close to him. His other arm swiftly wrapped around my waist.

"H-hey, Kikwang! Wake up!" I hit his arm with my free one.

He groaned, burying his face into my neck.

I let out a heavy sigh, feeling my face burning. "What a kid."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My first B2ST story >.< GAHH I shouldn't have started it!!!! D: I just started school and all this crap, but... The idea was too irresistible !!! I was watching B2ST Idol Maid, and it gave me this idea. :> I hope you guys like it!!