The meeting

When We Meet Again
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"How are you?"  How casual, isn’t it? Just like how long time friend greet one another after years of not seeing each other. Though desperation and awkwardness cannot be miss in the words of the speaker. His longing heart is the one speaking for him after all.

The other person laid her eyes still in the coffee in front of her, in the process of dissolving the sugar in it. How funny is it that just a year after giving up she will be again put in a situation that would again scrape the healing wound of her heart. Did she made a wrong decision, isn’t it better if she had waited for another year? She think again. She shrugged that thought. She doesn't also want to be unfair.

“Better since you left. My life is at its BEST.”  She let it out. Supposed it should be just a simple phrase saying she is better but it turns out BITTER. Besides the fact that it was all a lie except for the one where he left. Her life was a disaster and trash after his departure. But she knows that she can’t put the blame on him cause it’s her fault for loving him too much.

“I’m beyond glad. Mine is a pure sadness.” The lass raised her eyesight level to his. In those round deep eyes she can sense nothing but sincerity and pain. This made her heart ached with a bolt of guilt, she shouldn’t made that lie. But even though she said the truth it will bring no resolution still, only other level of pain for both of them.

“It’s just my wallet suffer because of my fiancée. Buy me this, buy me that.”  He laughed in between his statement, covering his previous words. The woman also buy in the act, letting a chuckle. Both was force though, a cover up. Pabo, pabo how can you just blurted something like that to your past lover. He mentally scolded himself for being so silly but smiled onto himself. He didn’t failed to notice those sudden change in expression in the face of the girl when he said he was sad. Somewhat he became happy because those were sign that the girl still cares for him.

“Work, how was your work? Sorry for being so random.” He asked again just to get rid of the unwanted atmosphere and to start another conversation.

“SS Entertainment is still driving its way to top this year. Creating future stars and helping the young’s to reach their dream. ” She answered his question while sipping her coffee. The answer gain a look from the guy. It’s just now that he remember it, the reason why she migrated to California a year after he left and built such an entertainment in rivalry to her uncle’s business.

 

_Flashback_

 

"This next song is dedicated to the most beautiful girl here in Seoul Art High School—Lee SoonKyu. Saranghae boo. Will you mind to come here when you hear it?" SungMin broadcast to the whole school. Again he snuck in the school radio studio begging his hyungs if he can play just at least one song. He always do it every lunch time or vacant. At first without the knowledge of the girl that it was for her but that doesn't last long. After his usual short introduction, he started singing with the accompaniment of a guitar. 

 

♪♪Cause I was born to tell you I love you

And I am torn to do what I have to, to make you mine

Stay with me tonight ♪♪

(Your call by Secondhand Serenade)

 

His soothing voice boom in the school premises and everyone-including the teachers-just love to hear it, even waiting for his short segment every day.

Of course, everyone admire him-Lee Sungmin-especially this girl sitting in her class drown in reading her favorite manga with her headphones on.

"Yah, Eonnie!" She is in the middle of a scene in that manga, smiling like crazy when her younger friend pulled her headphone out of her head and made a whisper.

"Eh? Hyomin, you broke the moment." she sulked at the girl while controlling her lips to form a curve.

"How can you continue reading when Oppa SungMin if making his effort?" she exasperatedly said. She is disappointed on how her eonnie take this romantic action so lightly. Everyone is so jealous of her now, wishing they were SoonKyu while she was here reading her manga oblivious to the surrounding.

"Again? What did he said?" she asked the younger girl for the act was already finished.

"He said he loves you, your beautiful and met him there and he sang a song." she sadly enumerate while Soonkyu smiled and nodded "Eh? Eonnie you didn't hear any of it?" she added and frown more.

"I think I need to go. Thanks Hyomin. Love you." she hugged Hyomin and skipped away leaving. Hyomin just shook her head in disbelief when she accidentally darted her eyes of SoonKyu's desk. She left her phone and headset hanging on the table and her manga scattered. Taking light step towards the desk, she picked up the headphone when she heard it is still on. Curious on what SoonKyu made her not to witness her boyfriend's act, Hyomin put it on. Only to hear the song on the school's speaker to amplify on her ear. To her surprise she pick the lass's phone to see it tune in to the school radio. She smiled. "Silly eonnie." she muttered upon the realization. And even laughed louder seeing the type of manga her friend was reading. "So she was smiling over this dramatic story?"

----------

She was standing on the railings, having a nice view of the whole city from the roof top of the school- their meeting place. Feeling the nice and fresh air from there. "Soon-boo." She felt a hand encircling her waist hugging her from the back. "Hear it?" He inquired as he kissed her hair.

"Loud and clear, Ming-boo." This time she turned around to face him, without breaking the hug.

"How's my voice?" He asked staring at her eyes.

"Uhm?" Soonkyu pretended to think for a while before answering, "Mine is still the best." She teased. This earned a pout from the guy infront of her. 'Too gay but too adorable.' she thought. She extended her hands, let it land on his cheeks and gave him a nice pinch.

"Ouch." he complained rubbing his cheek using his right hand while the other is still hugging her.

"Stop being so cute." It was now her turn to pout. Seeing the reaction the guy reached for her cheek.

"Yah! Don--" she was about to shout stopping the guy from pinching her when words was cut midway by a quick kiss.

"Saranghae." She was caught off guard by the act. Stunned she didn't move an inch, feeling so hot and red.

"Boo. You're too red." He added making the girl to explicit a deeper shade of red.

"Yah." Embarrassed enough she buried her head on his chest while darting small punches on him. The guy laughed at her reaction. They been together for more than a year and this usual small things he did on her still gain the same reaction from her and still has the same effect on both of them.

"Come on, don't bury your face on my chest. Look at me, I want to see your face." He held her head letting it face him. "Why are you looking away?" The girl shook her head resisting on what the guy wants.

"Meet my eyes or I'll kiss you." He warned moving his head closer. After hearing what SungMin said she immediately twisted her head to look at his direction. She was shocked at the very small distance of her face to him. To the extent that she can feel his breath.

"Good girl." he smirked.

"Stop teasing me." she countered pushing his head away. He laughed.

"You're so funny." He uttered while clutching his stomach. He was so indulge in his happiness not knowing that the other person is now getting pissed off with his childishness.

"You think so? Well, I'm not a clown, SungMin." And she stumped her feet walking away. But before she exit the area a hand clutched her wrist.

"I'm sorry soon-boo." He said in the saddest tone. The girl smiled secretly before changing into an angry face as she turned around.

"Don't be angry, I can't stand it." He begged.

"Okay but you'll treat me a dinner.” He nodded.

"You're not angry anymore?" Soonkyu shook her head.

"Who said I was angry? I can't just stand your teasing." she explained.

"Really well too bad. I will continue it until you get comfortable with me. I can't let my love be embarrass with just a kiss. That would be a problem when we got married. You know the night after the wedding." He flashed a mischievous smile causing the girl to slap him playfully. Besides being teased again, the girl was happy inside knowing that the guy is too sure with their relationship even thinking about marriage.

"Who said I will marry you?" Time for payback.

"You can't get away from it even if you don't want to." He smiled much wider burying his eyes in hers. "When we graduated here, will pursue our study in a prestigious art university and be scouted by a good company. After years and be financially stable we will get married and built our own LS entertainment. We will help aspiring idols to reach their dreams." He brief explained with hope and compassion. On the other side the lass listens attentively on how her lover plan their future.

"Really an entertainment? Planning to compete with my uncle?" He didn't realize that for sure. He is too into in their own future that he forgot her uncle also founded a good company the tops the chart.

"Don't worry a partner company won't hurt?" She said seeing the problematic expression on his face. And it brightens up a bit upon the resolution.

"Good. That would be a promise right?"

"Promise!" And that promise was sealed not by pinky fingers but a passionate kiss.

-End-

 

"Eh? SungMin-ssi!" She waved her hands in front of his face that was totally spacing out. She was near to laughing seeing that priceless face. Am I that beautiful for him to gawk or is he that shocked to know that I alone did the promise that he broke? She thought.

"SungMin-ssi!" She raised her voice cause until now he didn't move a muscle. Did he fall asleep? Leaving no choice she stood up from her chair and walked towards him to give him a nice spank.

"Ouch, what was that Soon-b... Ah. Apayo." He rubbed the affected area. He almost blurted the long forgotten endearment. How can he be so careless this day? And did he space out again?

"You never change didn't you? Still absent-mindedly gawking?" She asked laughing freely but in a womanly manner. She heard it, Sungmin carelessness and she knows what the next word is. BOO. Somehow she wish she didn't hear it cause it just made hear miss him more. But the fate had already spoken that they aren't for each other.

"I'm sorry for that." 'And you did change a lot. From how you dress, to how you laugh.' he said to himself. He miss her, he miss the way she laughed carefree, without being conscious. He love the way she look in those simple tees, skinny jeans and sneakers. Now she laugh with demure, just like a lady even wears dresses.

"I'm hungry. Do they have chicken here?" He laughed.

"Why?"

"Nothing."

 

-Flashback-

 

"Saranghae. Saranghae saranghae. Lalalala." He hummed against the phone.

"Yah. Don't sing it if you don't know the lyrics." said the woman voice on the other line.

"Eh? At least I know I love you." He reasoned out.

"Too cheesy." she scoffed. "Don't buy in it, Oppa. She is shrieking in here right now." Shouted by another voice across the line.

"Neh Oppa. She's blushing." added by another.

"Hyo! Yul!" She shouted back and laughter was all over the room.

"Your roommates are crazy." he chuckled making the comment.

"Yeah. But they're good." she replied after shooing the two out of the room.

"What are you doing now? What about we go out?" suggested by the guy since being a busy senior student they barely go out together.

"Sure thing. Dinner on you." He bet the other one is making a mehrong.

"It’s a date. I'll be there in a minute. Bye. Saranghae."

"Okay, Nado saranghae." She grinned hanging up the phone. Immediately both of them rushed to their perspective bathrooms with their towels.

After 5 minutes shower, he went out to pick a dress for himself. Aqua blue slim casual suit jacket paired with plain white V-neck undershirt for his top. Blend it with a slim fitted jeans and Top-Sider wool lace-ups. For him it's a date but he doesn't want to be too formal nor to be so casual. He fixed his hair, sprayed some perfume and off he go.

On the other end of the street our leading lady already dress up. Unlike other girls who spent an hour on taking a bath, another hour on picking a clothes, she is far from it. She doesn't want to burden the people waiting for her. She is also simple in her own way. The fact that she thinks it’s a simple mall hopping like the usual she chose a much comfortable dress. Blue and white strip tank top wore together with a sleeveless retro washed denim which falls beyond her hips. A white short and canvas shoes complete her fashion. Somewhat her instinct on picking a color matches the lad's.

 

"SoonKyu, Oppa is here." She is busy fixing her bag when Hyoyeon shouted from the leaving room. Upon hearing she went out of her room to be greeted by a lovely lad and laugher of her housemate.

"You pick a wrong attire tonight SoonKyu." commented by Yul. While SungMin just hide his smile to the slight funny comment. For him whatever she wears looks perfectly elegant on her.

"Why? He is just overdress." She reasoned out. Did she miss interpret what he said? She should wear a much formal one. She spoke to herself.

"Ani. That's perfectly fine. Leggo?" He asked offering his arm on her.

 

 

"They're perfectly made for each other. You think so?" Yuri said as the couple exited the door after saying their goodbye.

"Yes. I bet they're going to marry each other." Hyo made a positive response.

"Absolutely. I want a man for me also."

---------

 

"This is the best ever tasting chicken, I ever eat. Next to my mom's cooking." SoonKyu said munching her dish. The couple settled themselves in one of the fining dining international restaurant here in the street of Itaewon after enjoying the whole afternoon.

"Let’s go here again if we got time. It's going to be my treat next time." she added while being too indulge in her food. Not noticing the silent SungMin spacing out in the process.

"Ming-Boo." she waved her hands in front of him to get his attention.

SungMin was mesmerized. He doesn't know why but she just getting more beautiful each day and he keeps on falling too hard on her. Fearing the day that he might wake up and realize that all had been a dream. Or fearing each day that he might lose her. He might lose his life, his love. But he already promise to himself that it won't ever happened. Never in a million times he said.

"Boo~Yeobo!" She is getting restless for SungMin didn't move a muscle nor blink his eyes. Did he fall asleep? Otteokhe? This is the first she saw SungMin totally stiff in his position.

"Ming. I'm getting scared." She felt water forming in the corner of her eyes. She stood up from her chair, went near him and give him a crisp slap. Luckily they are located in a less populated area so nobody will be mistaken them having an argument.

That slapped made his senses wake up as he shake up his head. He was conscious that he's been gaping for too long.

"Ming." Seeing SungMin move made her sigh in relief. She threw her arms locking the guy in a tight hug while sobbing softly. She cannot control the tears anymore. Her crying alert SungMin.

"Wae? Why are you crying? Enough, please don't cry." he said hugging her back.

"You made me scared. Why did you do that?" He doesn't know what it is. He isn't aware. "You space out too badly."

"I'm sorry to scare you. It's natural on me though. I'm very sorry." He comforted the girl, helping it go back to her seat.

"I'm sorry, if it ever happen to me again. A slap will help, okay?" He instructed. "Just don't cry boo," And a hug end it.

-End-

 

"You still have an appetite after that coffee." It was never a surprise for him to see the lass eat like a man. They were in a more than one year relationship, everything about her he knows.

"It's my favorite after all, you don't remember?" He smiled. How can he forget such important details about her? He thinks.

"Of course I can still remember how you almost finished a whole chicken leaving the bones to me." He teased reminiscing such event.

That surprised the lass she never thought that he would remember it. Or maybe chooses to forget it.

"Laughed all you want. At least I don't stiff like you do. Your zoning out syndrome is very bad." She pointed out joining the same ship. Both of them then laughed at their own flaws and unconsciously remembering their past moment together

"It's funny how that day turns out. Me being overdress and you who is so casual." He remembered. It seems so fresh in his memory their first date.

"It's your fault for not clearing the details." She talked back with a sighed. She should be hating this man in front of her, after all those things he did for throwing everything they got. Here he is taking everything so lightly, he came back reminiscing their past just after she had move on. Or did she really move on? Big question. ‘Cause deep in her mind and heart she miss everything, she miss him.

"I did. I said it's a date but it’s you who didn’t wear dresses." He cleared his side. How he miss their days together.

"Well I just did. But that doesn't matter anymore though." She laughed an obvious fact. Everything is in the past and got no relation in their present. Then there comes the uninvited silence between them. Not that awkward but they just choose to say no words.

It's already 6 in the afternoon or if you prefer evening. They've been in this table for an hour and just ten minutes ago they keep silence.  Minutes later, a waiter came with a bottle of good kind of champagne.

"No, no. I'm good." SungMin just about to pour her a glass when she stop him.

"When did you refuse a drink?" He asked. He knows SoonKyu better, she is a good drinker. He even remember those time where she go clubbing with Hyoyeon without his consent. He will only know it whenever she calls him, asking for his help-- 'cause Hyo had ran away.

"Just two months ago. I just need to avoid it for the next few months." She gave a hint with her situation which SungMin clearly get. Again this ached his heart.

"Congratulation." He tossed his glass to hers which only contains water. And drank it in one shot.

"Thanks we've been waiting for her or maybe him for long." He is glad.

"I never knew you could wait, you hate it right?" He teased.

"I have done a lot of practice if you only knew." She said pointing the years in her life where she had been a fool. Because she waited for someone who didn't ever come.

He smiled on his part he knew how she dreaded to wait. Just like their first fight

 

-Flashback-

'Aish, where is HyoMin?' She stumped her feet onto the ground feeling frustrated. She's been here for 10 minutes and she can't stand waiting for another minutes. Say what she fished her phone and texted the other gal.

 

You knew me HyoMin I don't like waiting. I'm not angry, okay.

- SoonKyu-eonnie

I'm sorry for keeping you wait.  I should have texted you, I'm to be late some errand her at the house.

-HyoMin

Let’s just postponed it. Looks like your busy. Let’s move it some other time okay?

-Sunny-eonnie

 

And click it to send. After receiving an okay she then dialed another number.

"Oppa, I'm going home. You busy?" She spoke as soon as someone picked up.

"Ani, Boo. Why?" He lied. If it's for SoonKyu he isn't busy.

"I need some help with my music sheet." she said in a pity tone. The guy on the other side paused a game to give her full attention to her girlfriend.

"I thought Hyomin. Aw, she got errands from her uncle's store? Okay let's meet up at the music room in SOPA. Wait for me there, okay?" He wrapped up the convo.

"Just be fast. I don't want to wait that long." She informed.

"Okay. SarangHae."

"Nado." And she hung up. She immediately went to the studio. Ob the other side of the world, our great prince is sparing some more time finishing his game business. Too into his game, having so much fun when his phone ring. It was a text from you know who.

 

Ming-Boo it's been 30 minutes where are you.

- My Love, My Boo

 

Crap! He exclaimed. He hurriedly type his reply.

 

On my way Soon-Boo

-Ming, My Boo

 

After sending it, he promise to spend just another five minutes on his game.

She received it. So she waited for him. Yes, even though she hated to wait anything about her just became a false when it about SungMin. While waiting she started her task, something trying the instruments just to kill time.

 

Where you from? It's an hour ago.

-My Love, My Boo

 

This text literally made him jump from his seat and dashed to the bathroom. He left a text.

 

Caught in the traffic, I'm really sorry.

-Ming, My Boo

 

Again he replied on her text. Really? He doubted his alibi. She was about to send a text that she just going home when her phone died. It just drained its battery. So she has no choice but to wait. For all those time she already finished her assignment.

 

On the other side, he is indeed caught in a traffic. A lie that came true. He is frustrated that he keeps on banging his steering wheel. What kind of boyfriend is he, choosing a game over a lover? But there's no point on blaming himself cause he is more concerned about her girl. Is she okay there? It's getting dark and she is not replying to his text. He's been texting her checking her but none of it was reciprocated. Maybe she is angry. He thought.

About an hour and he reach the school. It’s already been deserted by students and teachers. He dashed to the music room. And he found her fell asleep in one of the table. Slowly he walked to her.

“Soon-Boo, jeongmal mianhae.” He softly said, stoking her hair. That’s when the girl woke up. Immediately it stood up from where she was seated and walked out of the room.

“SoonKyu.” He called out running after her. He is in trouble now. He expected this to happen.

“SoonKyu, please. I’m really sorry.” He pleaded grabbing her hands only to be push away by her. But as persistent as he is he didn’t stop even they are already inside his ride. But she has a stand and she didn’t want to talk to SungMin. He deserve a cold treatment. She believes it.

“Sorry. Sorry, I love you. I love you.” Like a broken recorder he keeps on repeating, again and again. He won’t stop even his throat hurts and may affect his voice. He won’t until the girl don’t speak and forgive him.

“Soonkyu. Saranghae, mianhae. Soonkyu, Saranghae Mianhae.”

“Stop Ming.” At last she spoke. After the whole ride, she let a word escape . She can’t take it anymore. She gave in to the plan of Sungmin to look pity. She knows his voice might get hoarse if he continue on doing it.

“I won’t but only if you won’t be angry anymore.”

“I’m not angry,” she is indeed not. She can’t be angry at him even a single bit. “Just how can you make me wait in there?” And they arrived to her dorm.

“So am I forgiven?” He smiled at her asking the question. He opened the door for her.

“No.” She firmly said stepping out of the car.

“You said you are not angry?” He is confuse. He thought he was forgiven cause she isn’t angry but no. SoonKyu on the other side has a better plan for him.

“I’m not, but you need your lesson. So I won’t talk to you. Enjoy, goodbye for now mister.” She ended the convo by en

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter