00.

You Can't Sit With Us!

"Oh my precious little peach, I hope you have a great day at school! And remember I'm only a phone call away if you need me and --"

"MiMi, you're squishing our son.." 

Zhou Mi frowned and released the breathless teenager from his grip as he glared daggers at his husband. 

"Quixian, it's imperative that he knows he can rely on me as his mother, I'm supposed to protect him, and as my little cub, I will not hesitate to rip--" 

"Mi, Zitao's a big boy, he'll be perfectly fine today, and he'll come home and continue to be perfectly fine. Don't have an aneurism."

"Papa's right," Zitao chimed in, smiling affectionately at his mother who looked about ready to burst into tears, "I'll be fine mama, it's just high school." 

"Just high school? Just high school! Quixian he's not ready, maybe we should rethink this, we'll homeschool him until college, or maybe we'll just keep him forever.. You make good money now that you're teaching choir in university, and I'm sure I could get a job.. We could support him forever.."

Zhou Mi was once again cut off by his husband's calm words, trying to ease him into the idea of letting go of their only son, while the hysteric Chinese man was having none of it.

Feeling sufficiently awkward as his parents argued in the front lawn of their new home, Zitao deemed it the perfect time to make his escape and head to school, but not before bidding goodbye to his parents.

"Bye mama, bye papa! I'll see you after school!" 

"After school?! Quixian, he's leaving!" Zhou Mi whined, attempting to make a dash towards his little peach, stopping short when he felt a tug on his sweater. 

"He'll be fine Mimi, now come on, let's go inside, you're making a scene." The Korean man sighed, leading his sobbing drama queen inside their home.