Jaejoong [EPILOGUE]

Insanely Sane

 

As I crumpled to the ground, my hand instinctively went to clutch at my heart. Why, why did it have to be now that the familiar dull ache spread across my chest? I couldn’t be weak at this point… I must be strong! Well, I had to at least be strong enough to set Jin free first. 
 
The rustic scent of my own blood reached my nose, and I felt my treacherous body spasm at the attacks. I was immobile on the ground already, and my gasps were the only things that filled the empty silence. But as my ears started to clear up, and I heard more than a funny buzzing sound, I was made aware of the commotion going on around me. 
 
A distance away, I saw Jin being restrained by the two large guards. I opened my mouth to call at her, to calm her hysteria, but nothing came out. I then tried to swallow, but a mouthful of slimy blood sliding down my throat made me gag.  The gagging didn’t stop, so I tried to cough. Blood smeared at the green grass that swirled closer and closer until I fell upon my own pool of blood. 
 
The paramedics hoisted me up roughly, but hardly as roughly as the guards at the hospital had handled me. When had they pushed me out the door and onto a stretcher? I was too busy keeping track of how far Jin was away from me… her screams were getting farther and farther away. I didn’t know if it was me… or her drifting away. I felt my head go light, and I allowed the paramedics push me back onto the stretcher. 
It was a sunny day, as the storm had cleared almost as soon as the ambulance had gotten here. I do believe that the sun wanted to shine at least once for me before I leave. I looked up, trying to locate Jin’s face amidst the havoc surrounding us, but instead, the sun glared down at me from heavens above, and it blinded my eye. I’m not good at words, but all I can say is that this feeling is beautiful. Even as the heat scorched my bloodied wounds, I couldn’t help but blink in its direction, bathe in its glory. 
 
How had I thought of this plan so late? How could I miss out on this beauty? Maybe to you outsiders, I seem like a crazy lunatic obsessed with the sun, and to an extent, you are completely right. I laugh at your ignorance though, for not seeing what beauty lies before your eyes. Please do not take this paradise for granted, as I would know, for I just came from Hell.  
 
I tried to enjoy the sunlight, admire the gaze. I couldn’t enjoy anything without Jin next to me. Finally, I worked up the energy to turn my head, trying to ignore the feeling of cracked ribs and bones. I didn’t see her. 
 
It suddenly hit me how much I loved Jin. Even as everything grew faint, and fuzzy, while my body numbed, the only thing I felt was her hand in mine moments before we started the fight. Subconsciously, I must understand that my fingers only brushed my own blood, but I was in enough of a weak state to give in to my hallucinations. From my illusion, I saw Jin’s worried expression once more. 
 
‘Don’t worry, Jin.’ I whispered aloud, blood scratching at my throat. I know my hand held on tighter to nothingness, but I need lie to tell myself so that I wouldn’t realize the absence of Jin’s hand in mine. 
 
I blinked again, trying to clear the blood and sweat from my eyes, and looked down to see the faint glimmer of a diamond ring on Jin’s hand. It would be the ring I give her when I propose to her. This hallucination is desperate, but I smile as brightly as I could, carried back into one of the stories I used to tell her. 
 
‘The prince didn’t move until the princess had fallen asleep. He kissed her on the cheek one last time, before the sun came up. It was his last chance, as once the morning rays made its way through the clouds, in the prince’s place was a mere frog. The frog scampered away, ashamed of the appearance he had when the spell wore off, knowing for a fact that it was all a dream he made up, as maybe, he didn’t deserve a happiness so long lasting. What he didn’t know, was that moments later, when the sun’s rays hit the princess, she woke up a frog as well. She too, devastated by the loss of her prince, ran into the forest, never to be seen again.  Nobody speaks of the frogs’ love story, because people only like things that are beautiful… as even in the fairytale Frog Prince, the frog ends up a prince. Everybody ignores those different from them, less beautiful than them.’ 
 
The forgotten frog couple, the will-be-forgotten mental hospital lovers… it was destined for those not as beautiful to be forgotten. I felt my eyes glaze over, as I could see nothing more, and then I remembered that this fairytale didn’t end happily ever after.  
 
 
THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR READING!!!!! I'm sorry if it seems kind of confusing near the end of this chapter, as Jaejoong's character is starting to hallucinate... I hope that that is obvious :P 
BTW, I don't know who's reading this, but thank you goes out to everybody still reading XD 
 
- ICEDCOFFEE 
14.01.2012