04 | COMFORT

Mr. Oh Sehun's "Labelled" Girlfriend
 

Chapter 4

COMFORT

-SEHUN

Ding Dong Ding Dong

I rang her doorbell, some rustling came from the other side of the door. I found myself smiling, knowing how she might have looked like.

“Hi.” She greeted once she opened the door but not entirely, she was just sticking out her head.

“Hi!” I answered back.

“Ahmm... Why are you here?” She asked.

“Honestly I’m bored.” I admitted, rubbing the back of my neck. “I brought you food.” I added. She looked at the plastic bag I was holding, maybe trying to peek what’s inside.

“Dakgangjeong.” I exclaimed again when she didn’t reply. It was funny how she looked so undecided while looking at the plastic bag I was holding.

“I’m busy. You can go and visit your other friends.” She finally exclaimed, I immediately frowned hearing her answer.

“It’s weekend, what are you busy about?” I pushed, I really don’t want to go home. My father was around and I simply don’t like to be around him.

“Go to your other friends.” She exclaimed again, closing the door.

“Oh come on! Eunhee! Fine! Tao went away with her girlfriend, Luhan is with his family and Baekhyun I don’t want to be with Baekhyun he never shuts up!” I exclaimed, knocking endlessly on her door.

Moments passed and she didn’t answer, I was just about to give up when she finally opened the door, letting me in.

I was surprised when I see her apartment. Everything was covered with either plastic or newspaper. It looked like she was painting the living room wall.

“Put the food on the dining table. You can stay there if you want.” She exclaimed and went back to her work.

I watched her as she painted the wall with abstract into white.

“It’s beautiful, why do you have to erase it?” I asked,

“It’s time to change it.” She replied, still busy with her paint rollers. Oh so she did the abstract before. She can paint?

“You painted that? Is there anything you can’t do?” I asked again, letting a smile slipped. I was expecting her to be shy about the fact that I just complimented her but then again she’s Lee Eunhee. I wasn’t disappointed at all, she turned to me with a smug face.

“Hmmm… Let me think. None. I can do anything. I’m perfect.” She exclaimed, making me laugh.

“Right.” I replied nodding my head. She just laughed at me. Lately, honestly I’m enjoying the sound of that, her laughs. It rarely happens but there’s no pretention to it. It’s always sincere, just the way I like it.

“You have to let that dry first right? How about we eat first?” I asked her, she looked at the wall first, inspecting if she missed any spot. When it seemed like she was satisfied already she headed towards me and sat beside me.

“I’m just kidding. I’m not perfect.” She said, sighing. The way she said it, I know there was something in it.

“ for you. It’s great being perfect.” I exclaimed, wiggling my brows at her. She turned to me with a very bland look and hit me in the arm. I winced, she might be a girl but she really hits hard.

“Why are you here? You’ve been hanging around here too much. I don’t like it.” Eunhee said honestly.

“A lot of girls will die for me to visit their house.” I answered back, finally opening the food container. She has been staring at it for a while now.

“Well, then let them die and go to their house. I don’t need you here.” She said blandly.

“When I said I’ll hang around more here, you said I can do whatever I want!” I exclaimed, slapping her hand away from the food. She glared at me for what I did.

“You won’t let me eat? Go out now.” She exclaimed.

“Here!” I shove a piece in , making her shut up. “Chill woman! You’re going to get your food.” I added, while she just glared at me while she chewed. When she was just about to speak again, I put another piece in . I laughed seeing her face.

All of a sudden I heard someone cleared their throat. Oh Ah Yeon, Mina and Hye Su? I didn’t even hear them ring the bell.

“Oh so that’s why you don’t want to celebrate your birthday with us.” Ah Yeon exclaimed, tapping her feet on the floor. Somehow I cannot seem to move. I turned to Eunhee but she was just eating, ignoring her friends at all.

Wait, it’s her birthday.

“Explain Lee Eunhee.” This time it was Mina. I stared at Eunhee who simply rolled her eyes and sigh.

“I was doing my wall, he just came and bribe me some food for me to let him in so don’t overthink the situation. Plus tomorrow’s my birthday not today.” She said, munching on the chicken.

“Hmmm..” The three of them said as they stared at me suspiciously. I nodded my head immediately. They sighed but let it go.

“Oh well. You’re already here so celebrate it with us.” Hye Su exclaimed and patted my back.

“Sure. Happy Birthday.” I exclaimed and turned to Eunhee who just yawned at me. Aisssh. This girl.

“Thanks. Now how will I finish my wall if all of you are here?!” She complained.

“Stop that for a while. Let us sing you a happy birthday first, the let’s eat and tadaaa!! Vodka and tequila just for you!” Ah Yeon pulled out a box of cake, Hye Su a container of different food and Mina two bottles of liqueur.

“So that’s why you want to celebrate it today. You don’t want to suffer some hangover on Monday. Oh well, you’re already here. So whatever” She exclaimed and continued eating the food I brought. Upon hearing what she said, the girls hurriedly laid down the food and sodas on the table. We sang her a happy birthday and made her blow the candles. After that we settled down and ate.

“Thanks.” She said, her face on her food. I looked up to her friends and they were smiling.

“Aww! Eunnie! You’re always welcome! So next year allow us to celebrate it with you again.” Ah Yeon stood up and hugged her friend. Eunhee made a face but yeah I supposed she was truly grateful and happy.

---

“What’s wrong with you?” I finally asked her. We were the only ones who were still up. Her friends were already settled in her bedroom as they were already too drunk.

“Hmm?” She simply lifted her head that was rested on my shoulder and gazed on me. We were in the living room, sitting on the couch, planning to finish the remaining vodka.

“I’m turning 19.” She answered and chuckled.

“Don’t be silly. There’s obviously something wrong with you. You’re much grumpier when I arrived a while ago and you were thinking twice before letting me in. I brought you food, which was supposed to be the password.” I exclaimed and put her head back on my shoulders. I know she was already tipsy.

“Hmmm…” She just hummed again. She didn’t say a word. I sighed and was about to give up, fine I’m alright if she doesn’t want to say it.

Sniff… Sob…

I tilted my head to see her face, what the hell, she’s crying. I got a little flustered. I’m bad when it comes to situations like this.

“The hell.” She exclaimed, wiping her tears. She was planning to get up but I managed to pull her back and embraced her in my arms. She needs comfort and I’m willing to give it to her. I guess with all the time we spent together, she has already grown on me. She was there when I needed her why not be here when she needs me right?

“Hey, it’s alright. You can tell me about it.” I surprisingly said, ahmmm.. I don’t even know how I came up with that but seeing her face like that… maybe it just came naturally.

“Nothing, it’s just ahmm… I don’t really like my birthday so I just tend to make myself busy on that day. Since two years ago I decided to paint that wall the day before and on the day of my birthday. You know to keep myself busy and accomplish something, at least by the end of the day I’ll feel fulfilled.” She finally said, I can feel a certain restraint on her voice. I rubbed her back to comfort her more.

“Your birthday is a day when you’re supposed to be special and happy right?” She asked and nodded my head. I leaned my back on the couch so she can rest her head on my chest as my arms securely and comfortingly wrapped around her.

“I never felt that, well I never remember feeling that.” She chuckled bitterly. “Never once my parents celebrated it with me. I guess it was not really that special to them. At first of course as a kid you’ll tell your parents how excited you are about it but then after so many rejections… I stopped and just let the day pass.” She said and chuckled bitterly.

“It hurts your know.” She added, trying to calm herself.

“But you have your friends. You should not shut yourself from them. You should take every chance you get to be happy.” I told her, she lifted her head and stared at me as if I said something amazing.

“Are you sick?” She said and checked my temperature. I glared at her and pushed her head back to my chest.

“Today was fun isn’t it?” I told her and felt her nodding in response.

“Oh. It’s already passed 12. Happy Birthday Eunhee.” I exclaimed after getting a glimpse of her wall clock.

“Thank you. It’s late, you can stay here.” I heard her say. I nodded my head and her soft hair. I never knew I will be friends with this girl. I knew her since freshman year but I never really talked to her if it wasn’t necessary. She was smart, talented and pretty. She has a strong personality as well maybe you could say that just like other guys I was a bit intimidated with her. Why not? She was independent and straight forward, for a guy it was quite hard to approach her, afraid that our ego and pride might be hurt if ever she’ll shut us down. I never knew her life story, never understood why she became who she was but despite that I respected her. You could say that she was one of the girls that I adore ever since.

But tonight, I was able to see how fragile she can be and that even how much she tries to be independent she still needs someone to lean on-- just like everybody else. She was just too afraid to show her weakness knowing that everyone expects her to be the strong one.

I felt her shifting more towards me, I was startled and my thoughts were disturbed. I looked down at her and realized that she was already sounding asleep. Her expression looked so peaceful, her features softer than usual.

“Hey! What are you doing?” Someone groggily exclaimed, I looked up and saw Ah Yeon leaning on the bedroom door.

“Nothing, she fell asleep.” I exclaimed.

“I’m getting suspicious of you Sehun. Don’t you mess up with my friend’s feeling we all know the reason why you two are together.” She said. Her question took me by surprise, what made her think that way?

“I already hate that you tangle Eunhee with this stupid arrangement of yours so if you mess up with her thoughts and feelings, I’ll seriously kick your .” Ah Yeon added, glaring at me.

“Will you stop over-reacting? You’ll wake her up, we all know how hot headed she gets when someone wakes her up.” I exclaimed with a sigh.

“How did you know that?! Did you sleep here already?!” She exclaimed with her circled eyes. Eunhee groaned upon the noise. I glared at Ah Yeon and she immediately shut up.

“Yeah, one time. It’s not a big deal it’s not like we had or anything. I just needed a place to stay in and she was nice enough to let me in.” I explained, eventually her face softened up.

“Whatever Sehun, I still don’t like how you’re treating my friend.” She said and cleaned up the mess on the coffee table.

“What? I’m treating her nicely.” I exclaimed. She looked up to me form what she was doing and yet again she was glaring.

“Exactly” She hissed. “If I were you, fix whatever mess you have with Haerin and stay away from Eunhee. She doesn’t let people get into her life that easily because when they finally get in, it will be so hard for her to let go.”

I was speechless. I cannot form any words in my mind so I didn’t bother replying. I was just staring at her while she cleans.

“I should help.” I mumbled. She looked at me then to Eunhee.

“Don’t bother. She might wake up. I’ll get some blankets for you two.” She replied while I nodded. Ah Yeon was nice enough to pull the two ottoman so Eunhee and I can rest our legs on it. Somehow, it became comfortable sleeping in the sofa.

“Alright, I’ll go to sleep now. Don’t you even try taking advantage of her or else I’ll kill you.” Ah Yeon taunted before she went back to Eunhee’s bedroom.

I sighed and thought of everything that happened tonight. What am I doing really? Why do I always end up being with Eunhee?

Comfort… probably because she gives me comfort…

--

Hihihihi! Updated! :)
We saw another side of Eunhee, isn't it interesting to see it in Sehun's point of view. :D 
Now we know how Sehun sees her. :D 

Not proofread as usual! Teeehee. 

Please do COMMENT.SUBSCRIBE OR UPVOTE. Well if you want, I won’t force you. Ahahaha..
But I really appreciate it if you do. :D ^^v

06-02-14