#60 Exhaustion

Drabbles
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Exhaustion was starting to take over all of him. All his energy. All his will. Exhaustion was draining all of him. All his love. All his feelings.

Exhaustion was making him numb. It killed the twinkle in his eyes—the adoration which once was reflected so clearly slowly going away without a trace.

He was human after all, nothing more, nothing less. He was not God with infinite patience. He had his limit, just like everybody else.

He was just stubborn—and for too long he had been stubborn, trying to keep that little flame ablaze. A small spark in the middle of roaring storm—his heart had been bruised and battered with scars that wouldn’t fade, trying to protect it.

Exhaustion—it wasn't like it was anybody’s fault?

He wasn’t going to blame anything—not the world, not the one he had been staring at with that special look in his eyes.

He wasn’t going to hold a grudge, if anything, he would let go of it all. Because if things were not meant to be, who was he to go against the tide?

Even when he prayed for more strength, it was no longer enough. Perhaps he was just getting too old to fight.

Even when exhaustion finally won, he was still the one that had held his heart. The fact that he was special, it wasn't going to change overnight.

Even when he moved on, he was still going to smile brightly at him like he usually did. And he promised that the friendship would always be just as tight.

Even when he w

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter