Chapter 2

Yumi's Revenge

When I arrived at school, I got off my bike and chained it to the bike rack and then headed off to Onizaki-sensei's class as I got there I noticed that the seat next to me whereTomohiro usually sat was empty which is strange since he never misses school.

I sat down and listened to Onizaki-sensei talk about history and the witch trials, he always got excited when he talked about history, but this time he was extremely thrilled,

" Did you children know that today is a black moon? It only happens when 2 new moons appear in the same month. It is said that any rituals or spells done on this day will be more powerful and effective."

For some reason when he said the hair on my arms stood up, I wondered why Onizaki-sensei became a history teacher instead he should have been a mythology teacher since he loved talking about witches and other fictional creatures that only existed in books.

He went on to say, " And lastly, It is said that when a black moon appears it is seen as an omen and hidden truths will be brought to the surface." When he said this I felt his eyes on me but I think it was just my mind playing tricks on me again.

"And that my children concludes our lesson, sit down and wait till the bell rings." As soon as the bell rang, I left to my next class which just so happened to be English, hopefully I could lose myself in writing instead of thinking of the impossible. There is no such thing as witches.

As I was walking to my next class I felt something slither on my shoulders and thought I saw a black shadow out of the corner of my eye but passed it of as nothing.

I got to my english class and did what I supposed to and thats how my day went on.

By the time school got out it had gone by so fast that I felt a bit overwhelmed but still went off to my kendo meeting. When I got there it was pretty much empty except for a kid or 2 and I asked them why no one was here.

He said, "Our captain had an accident and is in the hospital so the meeting is cancelled."

"oh, I hope he's okay. And thanks for telling me. Sayonara." I waved and walked out.

I called Tomohiro since I was going an hour earlier and didn't want to be home alone. At the second ring he picked up and for some reason I was relieved.

"Tomohiro why'd you miss school, you had me worried," I said. 

He answered, "Sorry, Yumi my cousins and family came over and my mom wanted me to stay home and settle them in."

"Oh, so I guess I can't come over?" I don't know why but I just didn't wnat to be alone.

"It's way to packed at my house but how about I head over to your house? Is you mom home?"

"No, she said she was gonna work over time. Yeah we can go to my house to hang out, you know where the spare key is right?"

"Of course, I do. See you in a bit yumi. I'll buy some pizza on the way and your fave Italian cheese bread. I know how much you love it. I'll buy two since you always seem to finish a whole box by yourself." 

As he says this I hear him laughing, and I feel all my worries go away.

"Hey!! I'm a big girl I need to eat." He laughs some more. 

"Okay, Yumi whatever helps you sleep better, hanging up now. See ya,"

I put my phone in my pocket and grab my bicycle and head home. It takes me longer than usual because I helped an old woman carry her groceries home but I don't mind.

Finally when I started getting closer to home I felt sick and when I saw that our front door was cracked open the sickness grew and  as I walked into the living room I noticed that everything was turned over like a tornado had passed through but as I walked down the hallway quietly to the kitchen. I couldn't believe my eyes.

I saw my mother standing over my best friend's body, smiling.