Chapter 48

Love You, Mr. Ex-Bodyguard
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

CHAPTER 48: I’M NOT DREAMING, AM I?

 

It had been almost three hours yet they did not receive any news from the great police officer. Baekhyun was now seen to be pacing back and forth, occasionally let heavy sigh escaped from his pinkish lips. Himchan had calmed down a bit and rested his head on his Yongguk’s shoulder, while the other would rub soothing circles on his wife’s arm. Chanyeol blankly stared at the worried Baekhyun and kept following the latter’s steps with his eyes. Though he looked calm on the outside, nobody knew what he was feeling deep inside of him. And there was Youngjae who was biting his finger nail, a habit that he had since he was small whenever he was feeling nervous and anxious.

 

A sound of ringtone that came from Yongguk’s phone resonated across the room and startled the persons in the room. Everyone straightened up their back when the oldest said it was a call they had been waiting for – a call from the police officer, Rapmon. Without stalling the time, Yongguk quickly slid his thumb across the phone screen and put the device against his ear.

 

“Hello, Rapmon?” Yongguk swallowed his saliva down as he heard the sound of sirens on the other line. Please, just good news…

 

“Jepp, Jongup and Taehyung are safe.” Yongguk let out a sigh of relief and pulled Himchan before he gave a peck on his wife’s forehead, making the latter and others looked at him with questioning look.

 

“But Daehyun…” Yongguk froze in instant. The relief smile that was plastered on his face faltered.  What about Daehyun?

 

“I’m listening, Joon.” Yongguk’s tone became serious. Himchan looked at his husband, his brows creased when he heard the change in Yongguk’s voice. The voice was differently serious and he started to feel that something was wrong.

 

“He’s been shot and now we’re heading to Seoul National University Hosp—”

 

“We’re going there now.”

 

 

 

 

A sharp turned was made and the tyres gave out a piercing screech sound before it stopped when the car was perfectly parked in the available parking space. Chanyeol turned off the engine and the five of them immediately hopped off the car. They reached the hospital in less than one hour, courtesy of Chanyeol who was great with speed. They rushed to the reception counter in the middle of the lobby and Yongguk immediately asked the receptionist of the new patient that had been shot.

 

The receptionist checked the list on the computer before she politely told the nervous Yongguk where Daehyun was. After thanking her, they quickly made their way to the section. Right after they were out of the elevator, they were greeted with the sight of a crying Jongup on the floor, making the Moon brothers to sprint down the corridor to get to their baby.

 

“Gupbaby!” Himchan’s knees made contact with the floor before he pulled the Moon baby into his embrace. He quickly rocked their body back and forth when the latter could not stop sobbing hard and shaking violently, making Youngjae who was kneeling in front of him to let out his tears. Seeing his baby brother in this state was the last thing they wanted to see.

 

“Gupbaby…” Youngjae carefully cupped Jongup’s face and gently wiped those tears away from the Moon baby’s delicate cheeks with his thumbs only to know it was in vain because the sad tears kept flowing down. He noticed the red imprints on Jongup’s cheeks, a bruise on his forehead and dried blood at the corner of the latter’s lips, and he could not help but let out more tears. How could they hurt his baby brother like this? Himchan and Youngjae had never landed their hands on their Jongup, but those heartless monsters had crossed the line. He would make sure they paid for this!

 

On the other hand, Yongguk stood helplessly not far from the Moon brothers, as he watched Himchan and his brothers comforted each other. Yongguk frowned as he thought he was the cause of what had happened to Daehyun. He rubbed his face with his palm regretfully and was so immersed in his thought that he did not realize someone was approaching him. He startled when he felt a hand patted his shoulder, so he turned his head to the side only to be greeted with his best friend who was giving him an apologetic smile. Yongguk sighed.

 

“I’m sorry. It was unexpected.” Rapmon apologized. Yongguk shook his head slightly before he replied the police officer. He crossed his arms in front of his chest and leaned his back against the wall. Another sigh escaped from his parted lips.

 

“No, it’s not your fault. What exactly happened, Joon? He freaking wore that bulletproof vest. Daehyun should be fine.”

 

Rapmon’s appearance was noticed by Baekhyun and Chanyeol so the duo slowly approached the police officer as they faintly heard the topic Yongguk and Namjoon were talking about. Rapmoon took a deep breath in before he let it out slowly. He eyed the three people in front of him who were wearing the same worry and nervous look before he opened his mouth to speak.

 

“Joongki was fast. He had a gun in his hand and though our sniper team shot him straight at his arm, he still managed to hold the gun and aim it at Jongup. Daehyun tried to save Jongup and he took the shot.”

 

“Where did he get shot at?”

 

“His chest… and he collapsed after that, not breathing.”

 

“Oh, G-God. D-D-Daehyun hyung…” Baekhyun had his trembling hand clasped over his mouth, shock was written all over his face. Chanyeol quickly held the weak male before he fell to the floor as his knees gave in. Another heartbreaking sobs was heard echoing through the corridor the next second. They only knew Daehyun was shot but they did not know he was shot at his chest.

 

Yongguk shook his head in disbelief as he ran his hands through his hair before he gripped it tightly. He blamed himself for what had happened to Daehyun when something clicked on his mind. He now remembered what the doctor already told them about Daehyun that he should not stress himself or he would get cardiac arrest… and the doctor was right. Yongguk was frustrated… if only he could turn back the time and insisted to be the one who went to rescue Jongup and Taehyung, Daehyun would be safe now. Channie has been right… What have I done? I shouldn’t let Daehyun go…

 

“Gupbaby, answer me please.” Youngjae’s panic voice was louder, and made the others to turn their attention to the Moon brothers. He had been calling Jongup but his baby dongsaeng did not respond to him and seemed lost in his world. He started to get panic when Jongup suddenly stopped crying and gave him an empty look. Himchan who also noticed that the latter was not shaking anymore, took a peek over the younger’s shoulder.

 

“Baby, please don’t do this to me…” Himchan said while he shook Jongup’s body gently, trying to get the Moon baby back to reality.

 

But what surprised the Moon brothers more was Jongup’s weak body suddenly slumped into Himchan’s chest, his hands that were clutching Daehyun’s watch tightly as if his life was depended on it slowly slid down to his sides, his eyes rolled back and head hung low. Himchan’s and Youngjae’s heart sank seeing this fragile state of their baby brother and it took them seconds to react.

 

“GUPBABY!” They frantically cried in unison.

 

Yongguk, Chanyeol, Baekhyun and Rapmon rushed to the Moon brothers and upon seeing the unconscious state of Jongup, Yongguk immediately knelt down near Jongup’s body before he slid his one strong arm under the back of the younger’s knees and another one at the back of his neck before he lifted Jongup up from being in Himchan’s embrace. Youngjae grabbed the watch in Jongup’s loose grasp and followed Yongguk’s fast steps to the emergency section, led by Rapmon.

 

“Chanyeol, you stay here with Baekhyun.” Himchan said, panic filled his voice before he left and the said person could blankly nod his head as he was at loss for words of what was happening. He was worried about his precious Uppie but at the same time, he needed to be with Baekhyun as the other did not have anyone to comfort him. He silently agreed with Himchan as he slowly guided Baekhyun to sit on the available seat.

 

“Daehyun is going to be fine. He’s strong. He’ll survive.” Chanyeol reassured as he slowly pushed Baekhyun’s head to be on his shoulder. The latter linked his arm with Chanyeol’s in return as he waited anxiously for Daehyun outside of the operation theatre. Please wake up, Daehyun hyung… Stay strong…

 

 

 

 

Himchan and Youngjae thanked the doctor who attended Jongup and quickly hovered around Jongup’s bed. Youngjae the Moon baby’s soft locks and slightly brushed the latter’s hair away which covering his closed monolid eyes. On the other hand, Himchan who sat on the chair next to the bed carefully took a hold of Jongup’s hand and brought it to his cheek. They were worried sick of their fragile baby because according to the doctor, Jongup was in trauma and his weak body could not handle the depression that started to build inside of him.

 

Yongguk followed Rapmon as he had to settle some things with the police as it was the procedures of the kidnap case. He made a call to Yifan and asked the latter to come to the hospital and took Taehyung home as the situation was already chaos in the hospital and it was not an appropriate place for the little boy to stay and recover from his trauma. Himchan and Youngjae were there to take care of Jongup while Baekhyun and Chanyeol were still waiting for Daehyun. Himchan sighed as he did not get any call from Chanyeol about Dae

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter