Friends and Detention

My Fiance's A Prince
Weeks passed and the guys still haven’t heard anything from Gui Gui.

Outside behind the school were many decade-old oak trees where most students eat lunches or study, including Aaron and Mike.

Mike He: I wonder how she’s doing. What do you think? (leaning on the tree behind the bench where Aaron sat reading his book.)

Aaron Yan: I probably feel the same way as you, but there’s nothing we can do. We know nothing about her.

Mike He: This girl is just full of mysteries. Even her friends don’t know anything about her and they’re suppose to be her BEST friends. I don’t get it. Even senior Danson don‘t know anything and I thought they were close. What should we do? (looking up at the sky)

Aaron Yan: Well, there’s one thing we can do. Stop all this worrying nonsense and move on with our meaningless life. (said it with a cool voice)

Wu Chun: ( walking up to Aaron and Mike while speaking arrogantly) To you both, life is meaningless, but to me life is beautiful. You both want to know why?

Mike He: ( mad) I don’t think I want to hear about your magnificent life. Aaron, I’m leaving. I don’t want to stay here, it makes me sick.

Aaron Yan: ( shut his book angrily) Wait, I’m coming with you.

Wu Chun: ( speaking arrogantly with a smile and a calm voice) Wow, I thought the school’s two most popular guys were against each other. (smile) Hmph. Are you two trying to fulfill Ella’s stupid wish?

Mike He: (speaking angrily) Listen here pal! Even though you’re a senior, I don’t respect you one bit or see you as my senior. May I remind you that this is between you and me, don’t drag my cousin into this.

Wu Chun: ( again speaking arrogantly with a smile) Don’t worry. I won’t drag your cousin into our little situation. Beside I don’t need your respect or for you to see me as your senior ok? I’m not Danson. Talking to you two is making me tired. I guess I’ll skip class and go take a little nap. ( walking away)

Mike He: (speaking angrily) Get back here, I’m not done with you yet. ( try to hit Wu Chun but Aaron stopped him)

Wu Chun: Listen, violence doesn’t solve anything, so try to control your temper. Try to be like your smart friend over there.

Aaron Yan: ( trying to hold Mike back ) ENOUGH! HITTING HIM ISN’T GOING TO SOLVE ANYTHING!! MIKE! Excuse me, but I don’t remember that we did anything to you.

Wu Chun: Well no, it’s just that I don’t like you both that’s all. You two may be the smartest and athletic students in NTU, but I can do better than you both.

Aaron Yan: Really? Are you challenging us? We’ll see who better. You’re on, right now.

Wu Chun: No, thank you.

Mike He: Oh, are you scared that you might lose to us and have your reputation go down the drain?

Wu Chun: (speak calmly) No, it’s just that you two don’t have any chance of winning against me right now. You two have a long way to catch up to me. I’ll just wait until you both step out of your own darkness. Right now, I just see two itsy bitsy spiders that went up the water spout, then down came the rain that washed the sidpers out. Humph. I’m tired. Later spiders. ( walked away)

Mike He: ( angry) COME BACK HERE YOU ARROGANT, SELF-CENTERED, MORON!

Aaron Yan: ( holding Mike back) Stop it. Violence isn’t going to solve anything. So quit. He’s trying to provoke you and get you in trouble idiot. ( lets go of Mike)

Mike He: Arrg…

After the argument with Wu Chun, both guys headed their separate ways to class until someone called out to them.

Gui Gui: HEY! YOU TWO FATUOUS MORONS WITH NO GOOD SENSE OF PERSONALITY WHO THINK THEY ARE ALL HIGH AND MIGTHY! (both turn around and saw Gui Gui)
( Mike ran up to Gui and hugged her tight without knowing he was choking her)
Let…go.

Aaron Yan: Devil, you’re choking her. Let go.

Gui Gui: (coughing) I don’t remember we being such close friends. We’re rivals.

Mike He: Hey, hey, after all we’ve been through in that forest?

Gui Gui: Excuse me, let me give you three reasons why. First, I don’t want to have any connections with The Devil and The Prince in this university. Second, I’m a ghost and I just don‘t like you guys. Lastly, I’m the one who did all the work in that forest, which mean you each owe me a favor.

Aaron Yan: But…(Gui Gui cut him off)

Gui Gui: But, I remember at that time you both tried to protect me from that creepy guy. And so, I’m very grateful, but….(Mike interrupted her)

Mike He: There’s more?

Gui Gui: Of course there’s more, but you two still owe me a favor and I’m going to use it. So, I’ll see you guys after school today. Ok?

Aaron Yan: I can’t.

Mike He: Me too.

Gui Gui: Fine then tomorrow.

Mike He: We still can’t. ( Gui Gui start to getting mad)

Gui Gui: WHY?!

Mike He: We’re both student counsels. We have important meetings to attend today and tomorrow.

Gui Gui: I don’t care. If I don’t see you both after school today, you’re going to regret it. See how I deal with The Devil and The Prince of this University. Hmph. (she ran off to class)

At the student counsels’ meeting.

Danson Tang: Ok, everyone let’s start this meeting by welcoming our vice president Chen back. (everyone claps) Vice President Chen do you have anything you want to share with us?

Ella Chen: Yes, our Prince and Devil will not be joining us today.

Danson Tang: Why?

Ella Chen: They told me something came up so they have to go take care of it. So, I give them permission to leave. ( she turned to look at Hebe) Hebe, can you kindly explain to the guys what’s going on in the meeting today? ( Hebe nodded her head) Thank you. ( so the meeting started without Aaron and Mike)

Meanwhile both were waiting for Gui Gui in front of the school.

Gui Gui: Hey!

Mike He: (mad) What took you so long? We’ve both been waiting for an hour.

Gui Gui: Sorry, let’s get going. ( Mike and Gui Gui were about to leave, but Aaron still standing at the same spot, didn’t even say anything or make a movement)
Ey, Prince come on, you’re wasting time. ( he stared at Gui, she got irritated and started dragging him along. They arrived a few minutes later. ) We’re here.

Mike He: Excuse me, you mean the place you want to take us to… is the grave yard.

Aaron Yan: Moron, use a more proper word. The cemetery.

Mike He: Same diff, what’s your problem? ( Looked at Aaron in confusion)

Gui Gui: Ok, stop it. We came here to greet a friend, not to argue.

As they made their way towards the gate entrance, two guards who stood in front of the gate bowed their heads and greet them. They were headed inside until Mike saw a sign on the left of the gate entrance.

Mike He: Excuse me, are we allow to go in there? This is the Wu’s private grave yard.

Gui Gui: Don’t worry about it, just follow me.

As they walked in the cemetery, Mike got scared, but he acted as if he was toughed. As for Aaron, he doesn’t care. They walked until they reached one of the grave, it was Go Go. Half an hour later, they bid goodbye to Go Go’s grave, as they made their way out of the cemetery. Mike and Aaron noticed something that they didn’t care to look before. It was a grave of a lady, she looked familiar and they tried to figure it out, but Gui Gui rushed them. They left the grave, forgotten.

The next day.

First period.

Miss Miranda: Ok. Class, I decided to assign you a new project and starting today I want you all to pick a book and here’s your instruction sheet. This will tell you what you need to do, so don’t lose it. I’ll explain more later. Now we’re starting a new chapter, so Mike start reading out loud please. (Mike didn’t listen in class today, he was deep in thoughts) Mike? (still didn’t listen)

Danson Tang: Miss Miranda allow me. ( he turned to Mike ) MIKE COME BACK TO EARTH!! (he yelled in Mike’s ear)

Mike He: GEEZ! Senior Danson, what are you doing? ( covering his ears)

Danson Tang: Miss Miranda’s been calling you.

Mike He: Miss……(interrupted by Miss Miranda)

Miss Miranda: Mike detention after school. 1hour.

Mike He: But….( interrupted by Miss Miranda)

Miss Miranda: One more word coming from you and I’m making it 2 hours. ( Mike sat down with a devilish look on his face) Aaron, why don’t you start reading? ( Aaron was also too deep in his own thoughts) Aaron?

Danson Tang: Miss Miranda, allow me again. ( cleared his throat to yell, but Aaron stopped him)

Aaron Yan: ( placed his hand in front of Danson’s face) Senior Danson, please I still need my hearing.

Everyone stared at them, including Wu Chun and Hebe and laughed.

Danson Tang: ( pushes Aaron’s hand away) Well, why didn’t you answer Miss Miranda?

Aaron Yan: I have my own reasons.

Miss Miranda: And what reason is there “Mr. Prince”? ( Aaron didn’t answer her) You and Mike detention, 3 hours.

Mike He: WHAT?! I didn’t say anything.

Miss Miranda: 4 hours.

After all that commotion, first period was over. Mike walked out of class and gave Aaron an evil glare. Aaron doesn’t care, he just walked off coldly with a look of a noble. Finally the day ended and detention has started. Mike and Aaron, both walked into class and sat down. After awhile, a tall man that looked like he was in his 30s, walked in. Behind him was a girl who also came and sat down.

Mr. Blackie: Would you both come up and sit at front please? ( Mike and Aaron did as his said and both sat on each side of Gui Gui, leaving her sitting in the middle) Well, this is the first time I’ve seen you guys in my detention class. I’m surprised. Ok, let me tell you what we do in detention. We do our homework and more homework. If no homework, then read a book. ( smiled, after 2 hours the class fell silent. Nothing, but sounds of writing.) I’ll be back. Gui Gui, you’re in charge since you’ve been here so many times.

After that he left. Mike returned to his papers, but he caught Aaron glaring at him so he glare back. Gui Gui sneezed ruining their staring contest. She walked up to the teacher’s desk to grab a tissue, when she turned around the guys were looking at her.

Gui Gui: What? I’m just blowing my nose… Is there some on my face?? ( freaking out and start touching her face)

Mike He: No, there’s nothing on your face. (she sigh relief ) I’m just wondering about you.

Gui Gui: Wonder about me? Why? OH GOD! DON’T TELL ME YOU’VE FALLEN IN LOVE WITH ME!!( freaking out)

Mike He: HELL NO!! What I mean is, you’re a mysterious girl, that’s why I was wondering about you. Let people finish talking first, then you can jump in ok? (she sat back down)

Gui Gui: Sorry. Well… why are you think that? It’s not
like we’re close friends or anything.

Mike He: That’s okay, I don’t think anyone would want to be friends with a ghost. Gees… I don’t think our Prince would mine though because he doesn’t have any.

Aaron Yan: (cold voice) Excuse me, please don’t involve me in your stupid conversations.

Gui Gui: Stupid con- ver- sa- tions… Hey, this is how people communicate with each others and to make friends.

Aaron Yan: Sorry, in my world, I don’t need friends.

Gui Gui: WHAT?! (Her eyes widen as she looked at Aaron to Mike, then back to Aaron)

Mike He: Yes, our Prince of NTU doesn’t have any friends. ( shaking his head)

Gui Gui: NO WORRIES BECAUSE FROM NOW ON I’LL BE YOUR BEST FRIEND, MY PRINCE!!! (stood from her desk, pointing her index finger at Aaron)

The next few days, Aaron’s peace was destroyed because of Gui Gui. He tried everthing to rid her from his sights and tried to threaten her, but it was no use. Everyone in school started to get jealous of Gui Gui - especially the girls - they start wondering when or how they became so close.

Aaron Yan: (angry) FOR THE LAST TIME!! PLEASE. STOP. FOLLOWING. ME. AROUND!!

Gui Gui: You know you don’t have to yell, I’m not deaf. Beside, I’m just telling you how my day was going. How’s your day?

Aaron Yan: It doesn’t concern you, SO LEAVE!

Gui Gui: NO! You can’t make me leave, but for now I will because I got class to go to before I’m late. ( starts running )

Aaron Yan: Finally, my peace and quietness.

Aaron took his book out and began to read. Suddenly, a girl with a pony tail tied towards her left side walked up to Aaron. She held a piece of paper in her left hand and her bag on her right.

Girl: Excuse me, can you help me out for just minute. (Aaron slammed his book and gave the girl a glare then walked away) People at this school is so rude.

----------

A/N: Sorry, I took so long. Been busy, plus my sis helps me edit, but she's been really lazy...