A Deal With Grandpa

My Fiance's A Prince
(at Gui Gui, Ya Tou and Xiao Xun’s apartment)

Ya Tou: Morning Xiao Xun, did you have a nice dream?

Xiao Xun: Yes, it was a beautiful one too.

Ya Tou: Really, did you dream about him? (Xiao Xun didn’t say anything and nodded her head) Oh my god. Tell me, what did you dream about him?

Xiao Xun: Hmm….. Where’s Gui Gui? (trying to change the subject)

Ya Tou: Don’t try to change the subject. If you don’t want to tell me, it’s ok. (both were eating breakfast) Gui Gui is tired from school and work. She came home really late last night. (sad expression)

Xiao Xun: She’s working too hard, I want to do something for her. Hey, I want to celebrate her birthday. When is it again?

Ya Tou: I don’t know. Ever since we met her up ‘till now, we don’t know anything about her.

Xiao Xun: Now that you've said it. I never wonder if she has a family or not. Do you remember when we first met her?

[ Flash Back ]

(Xiao Xun and Ya Tou walking around the park) Ya Tou, did you ask you parents yet?

Ya Tou: I did, but they said they’ll think about it, so I’m not sure. What about your parents?

Xiao Xun: My parents? I haven’t ask yet.

Ya Tou: WHAT!? Why?

Xiao Xun: They were busy I couldn’t ask them. Hm…. (both were walking when someone ran into them) Ah…. ( Xiao Xun dropped her purse )

Gui Gui: I’m so sorry. Are you alright? I didn’t mean to. Are you hurt anywhere??

Ya Tou: ( picking up Xiao Xun’s purse) ( angry voice) Watch where you’re going. ( Gui Gui kept bowing her head down and apologizes) Xiao Xun, are you alright?

Xiao Xun: I’m fine. It’s ok. Are you alright?

Gui Gui: Yes, thank you. OH MY GOD! I’M LATE! I GOT TO GO! I‘M SORRY! (ran off)

Ya Tou: What’s with her? Oh, I’m late. I got to go, see you tomorrow. Bye. ( waved good bye) ( rushed into the Baker shop) Manger Lee, I’m sorry. I didn’t mean to be late.

Manger Lee: You and the new girl better stop coming late. I’ll let you go this time, but I won’t be so lenient next time got it? ( Ya Tou bowing her and apologizing) Get back to work.

Ya Tou: Yes sir. [her thoughts] oh, that reminds me, who’s the new girl? I wonder what she looks like. Hmm... ( she walked over to the back and tried to sneak a peak at the girl, but a voice from behind scared her) AH!

Gui Gui: I’m sorry, are you alright? Did I scare you? I apologize… ooh it’s you.

Ya Tou: What are you doing here??

Gui Gui: What do you mean ‘what I’m doing here?’, I’m working, what else? ( walked to the back and grabbed the desserts out of the cooler to sell) My name is Gui Gui and yours?

Ya Tou: It’s Zhan Ya Wen, but you can call me Ya Tou.

(both walked to the front)

Gui Gui: I’m sorry for earlier, I bumped into your friend.

Ya Tou: Oh, don’t worry about it. She’s alright.

Gui Gui: What’s your friend’s name? She looks very pretty.

Ya Tou: Her name is Huang Jin Yi, but you can call her Xiao Xun.

Gui Gui: Huang Jin Yi, the daughter of Mr. Huang who owns one of the largest jewelry companies around here?(surprise)

Ya Tou: Yeah. Xiao Xun is a model for her father’s company, so a lot of her pictures are on magazine covers. Look. (Gui Gui look through the magazines, amazed) Well, what do you think of Xiao Xun?

Gui Gui: She so pretty. I didn’t know, and you’re her friend?

Ya Tou: Well, you can say we’re best friend. I used to think she was like all the rich girl who think they’re all that, but she’s not like that. She have a kind heart. Nice to everyone, and too naïve.

The two chated until customers came in and they closed the store before midnight and left.

The next day, the girls met. Since then, they became best friends. Thanks to Gui Gui, Xiao Xun and Ya Tou’s parents agreed to let them move out because Gui Gui has no family in Taiwan and just lived by herself in an apartment. They want her to feel safe and have friends around to help her out. The girls have lived together for two months, now attending NTU together.

[ End of Flashback ]

Gui Gui: AH! I’M LATE FOR SCHOOL! (rushed out of her bed to get dressed) Xiao Xun? Ya Tou? What kind of friends are they?

Walking out into the dining room, she saw a note on the table.

[The Note]

Gui Gui, you work too hard, it’s time for us to do something for you. Get some rest for today. If you’re hungry, there are food in the fridge. Just reheat it. We’ll tell the teachers that you’re not going to school today. Your friends, Xiao Xun and Ya Tou.

(Gui Gui Smiled)

Next day…

Xiao Xun: It’s been awhile since we hung out together. (the three girls went shopping)

Ya Tou: What are you talking about? We live together, we see each other everyday and night.

Xiao Xun: No, that’s different.

Gui Gui: Xiao Xun’s right.

Xiao Xun: Since we’re all in a good mood today, I’ll take you both to the Golden Star Hotel. They have a hot spring, spa and a lots more. Let’s go.

Gui Gui: WAIT! (freaking out) I don’t think that’s a good idea. Let’s go somewhere else ok? (trying not to go to the hotel)

Ya Tou: Why? I’ve never been to a hotel before. Come on, I want to go.

Ya Tou and Xiao Xun were sad because Gui Gui didn’t want to go. After awhile, she agreed and they left for the hotel. Gui tried to cover her face so her grandpa wouldn’t see her.

Grandpa Wu: Ha… What a day. I have to get out of this office for some fresh air. Oh, I have an idea. ALFRED!! (after awhile, Grandpa Wu walked out of his office secretly disguised as a janitor)

He went around to check on his employees, but then saw his granddaughter at the front lobby.

Grandpa Wu: Excuse me miss may I speak with you?

Gui Gui: Yes, how… (she turned around and saw her grandpa.)

She was about to make a run for it, but her grandpa pretended to fall and made her feel guilty.

Gui Gui: Let's talk. (both walk to grandpa’s office)

***

Ya Tou: Hey, Xiao Xun, where is Gui Gui?

Xiao Xun: What?

Ya Tou: Gui is gone.

Xiao Xun: Don’t worry, she’s probably just around here somewhere. Look for her. (both went to look for Gui Gui)

***

Grandpa Wu: Where have you been young lady?! DID YOU KNOW HOW WORRIED I AM!!! TELL ME, WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN THESE LAST TWO MONTH!!! (angry voice) (Alfred walked in and tried to calm him down)

Gui Gui: I’ve been here in Taipei City. I have learn a lot ever since I came here and live the life that I had dreamt of. I’m not here to argue with you. In fact, I want to make a deal with you.

Grandpa Wu: You left home without saying anything and left a letter. NOW YOU WANT TO MAKE A DEAL WITH ME?! WHO DO YOU THINK I AM?! HUH?! I’M YOUR GRANDFATHER!!! I WANT YOU TO COME HOME NOW!! (angry voice)

Alfred: Sir Lawrence, I suggest that you listen to what young miss should say first. (winking his eyes at Gui Gui telling her it’s going to be alright)

Grandpa Wu: Fine, tell me what kind of deal you want to make. (sitting behind his desk, trying to calm down)

Gui Gui: If you let me finish my first year of college at NTU, then I’ll agree to listen to you and marry the person you want me to marry. (her tears started to run down her face)

Grandpa Wu: Do you think your grandpa’s stupid? I’m not waiting a year for you to finish college.

Gui Gui: GRANDPA WU! WHY WON’T YOU EVER LISTEN TO ME!? I JUST WANT TO DOING THE THINGS I WANT TO DO!

Grandpa Wu: WU YING JIE! HOW DARE YOU RAISE YOUR VOICE AT ME?! (suddenly someone knocked on the door ) WHO IS IT?! I DON’T HAVE TIME FOR YOU!

Wu Chun: Grandpa it’s me. Why don’t you agree with Gui, besides I’m attending the same school. I can watch over her. (Grandpa Wu sighed) Up until now, you still don’t understand how she feels and the reasons as to why she ran away. Grandpa? (tried to help his sister)

Grandpa Wu: Fine. One year only. Alfred prepare the car, I don’t feel so well, I want to go home. Chun everything here I’m leaving it to you. (Wu Chun nodded his head while Alfred calls for the limousine)

Alfred: Sir, the car is ready. Let me help you walk down to the car. (Alfred and Grandpa Wu walked out of the office and headed down to the car leaving Wu Chun and Gui Gui behind)

Wu Chun: Don’t cry. I’m here. Everything is ok now. It’s a good thing Alfred called me.

Gui Gui: (hugging her big brother and started crying) Big…..brother…..Chunnie……wah.

Wu Chun: Ok, Shh. Stop Crying. (after a while Wu Chun walked his sister to the lobby to look for her friends until she saw Xiao Xun and Ya Tou)

Xiao Xun: Gui, where were you? We’ve been looking everywhere for you.

Ya Tou: Yeah, what happen? Why are your eyes red? Were you crying? ...And you are?

Wu Chun: Hi, I’m Wu Chun. She was lost so I….took…her around to look for you. (look at Gui Gui and pat her shoulder) I guess I’m done here so goodbye take good care of yourself. Bye. ( Wu Chun walked away and Gui Gui still haven’t said anything)

Ya Tou: Gui, are you sure you’re ok? ( she didn’t saying any and nodded her head) Let’s go home instead ok? (nodded her head) Let’s go.

When the girls reached their apartment, Gui didn’t say anything and walked straight to her room. Xiao Xun and Ya Tou was wondering what happened to Gui Gui. Why won’t she tell them what happened? They have a feeling that she doesn’t trust them.
-------------------------
I'm sorry for the late post and it might take a while for me to post up another chaphter. I Sincerely Apologize!!!! :(