Chapter 10 - Realizations

Torn

----

-Friday morning-

Suho woke up just on time, but his eyes still feel sleepy, and he didn't feel so energized despite thinking happy thoughts about his much-awaited friendly date. For him, it's a friendly date. He hopes that Jongin feels the same too.

 

But what really bothered him, is that his third dream, might have been the key for him to finally open up the secret he wanted to know about.

His secret admirer.

 

So, that's what behind those flashes.

That's what behind his writings.

As an aftermath, Suho's mind was certainly foggy at this point.

 

*FLASHBACK*

 

Since homework wore him down, his eyelids drooped, and unconsciously, he fell asleep again.

Images are building.

It seems like he's dreaming again.

He might conceal his past admirer's identity soon enough.

The dream started from him standing in his locker, but this time, the locker's decorations were gone, and when he opened it, the only things left in it was photos. It was not blurry photos and figures anymore unlike his previous dreams, but instead, those were photos of him, all of which are from the locker area. He looked at the photos, and it looked very familiar, as if these photographs were actually taken in real life. Some are pictures of him waiting in the bench in front of his locker, and some were pictures of him reading a letter seriously. Looking at them, he did remember doing these things back then.

He had the impression that his past secret admirer had taken stolen shots of him.

The trail continued, when he heard clicks of a camera, and it came from the intersection at the end of the locker hallway.

He decided to follow, but the photographer was nowhere to be seen.

He noticed that when he turned though, a door, which he thinks belongs to their music room, was moving back and forth, so it gave him a hint that the mystery person went there.

He went nearer to peek from the door glass, and he was surprised that not another blast of light blinded him again unlike the other dreams. His dream was running longer than he expected.

He noticed a very familiar figure inside, and Suho already thought he might have known who the figure is already, but the person is turning away.

He found out what this person was doing though. Suho was startled when he saw the figure looking at a notebook. The distance wasn't that long, so he can partially see what's on the notebook. What shocked him, is that he noticed some of the pictures attached to the notebook which was the same as the ones he checked. He thought that this should be his secret admirer before he gave up.

The next vision he saw was that the notebook had lyrics inside, and he can tell it's for love. He assumed it, since in this dream, his eyesight was very sharp.

The flow of events got way faster than ever before. Just before he could seek the content of the notebook, the scene changed immediately, and the notebook was already in the trash can and the figure, was already standing, and he turned around, to reveal his face.

It's not blurry anymore.

Suho's face was filled with dread and shock just as he realized who the figure was.

He checked from head to toe, and he is very certain.

It was him all along.

*FLASHBACK END*

Why didn't he recognize him earlier, when he was already aware that someone could be watching him every time he's in the lockers in the past school year?

He's pretty sure it's Yixing, who became his secret admirer for nine months, but to make things sure, he's going to make Yixing slowly spill out the truth to assume that his dreams are interpreting the right outcomes.

If his dream ends out like this, he would make ways to be able to know Yixing's personal lovelife. He's curious and desperate to see if his dreams concealed the reality he wanted to witness. He's not whole-mindedly convinced that it was Yixing, and for him to confirm, he will have to show more approachability towards Yixing, and it's not going to be a simple task, especially that his possible secret admirer is getting closer to Jongin, the one he loved since he met him.

He won't tell this to Chanyeol right now, as he has to explore more, but he set the worry aside for awhile to make up himself for school. After all, he will be able to relax when the weekends approach, and he will have a chance to be more personal and close to Jongin.

---

7:50 am

Jongin arrived to the school later than his usual ways, but instead of hanging around, he went straight to his best friend this time, thinking that his best friend might get more suspicious towards him. Sehun has been always the intriguing and curious type though, so they share a lot of their own secrets. Sehun can be strict towards Jongin too, but the genuine concern and friendship is pretty much visible between the two juniors.

 

Sehun hasn't found out Jongin's most recent secret though, since Jongin had avoided it. Of course, Sehun would try his best to find out what's the fuss about his best friend, but he knows that Jongin won't let this spill out. Sehun is sort of concerned about the matter, so he'll keep himself observant and alert especially when he's around with his bright, but reserved best friend.

Jongin went to his best friend at the front of classroom 11-B, just to find Sehun not as grumpy as the previous times they met.

Sehun then asked calmly, "Why weren't you early today?"

Jongin eyed to the right, avoiding his best friend's gaze, then replied, "Well, I didn't wake up immediately after the alarm clock rang, and I was a little bit drowsy, so I wasn't able to move fast."

They stared at each other, then Sehun just nodded.

Jongin's eyebrows furrowed, and said, "You seem brighter, and you believe me easier this time."

Sehun just smiled, and replied in a straight fashion, "Best friends are not about teasing only, and I'm trying to be more considerate here. Don't you think that sometimes I was only joking around when I'm bitter?" He ended, showing sparkling eyes.

Jongin looked really amused, and he returned a grin instead. "So, that means, you were only playing around with my feelings? You were supposed to be nice all along?"

Sehun thought for a moment, and broke the silence. "Yes and no. Why was I your best friend if I'm not being caring and nice? Don't get too confident. Most of my bitterness is still present. I'm still keeping a sharp eye out for you. Why was I your best friend if I'm not being strict and annoying towards you?"

With Jongin understanding all his best friend said, when he was supposed to give Sehun a hug, he ultimately frowned. "Oh Sehun, you are such a mood killer. Why do you have to always include something negative?" It made him down for a bit, but he's also excited for his friendly date with Luhan too, so he just went with the flow.

Sehun just laughed and side-hugged Jongin. "I told you I'm still the Sehun you know even if my pure kind side shows."

The bell rang.

---

The string of classes, for Suho and Chanyeol, was a great relief compared to yesterday, as the homework was finished with high marks, and though, Chanyeol had some trouble back then, even texting Suho, he managed to be diligent and his efforts were enough, after all.

Throughout the gaps between their classes, Chanyeol would try to play around with Suho, lashing a lot of questions, with a bit of teasing, which the wise one could tolerate, but Suho would try to give a warning gaze. It didn't work though, since Chanyeol knows that Suho is too gentle to get afraid of. The questions ranged from unnecessary stuff, to personal stuff, and of course, Suho knows when to speak out loud and keep his thoughts shut in his mind for a while.

The bell rang for the lunch break, and the two walked out quietly outside the classroom to meet their two dongsaengs at the cafeteria.

Chanyeol won't stop asking though. He can't be blamed, eventually, since he saw his friend a bit over the place and yet again, deep in thoughts, so he was thinking that Suho might need an important consultation.

He knows that Suho has something in his mind that he doesn't want to share.

"So, be frank. What are you up to? I'm very sure you are hiding something relevant."

Suho looked away. "I'm not hiding anything, and don't worry. I'll tell you everything that is actually relevant."

Chanyeol frowned, and messed up Suho's hair. "You're obvious. Do you want me to be like Sehun towards Jongin?"

Suho's eyes narrowed, but replied, "No. It just needs to be private for now."

Chanyeol nodded and gave a pat on Suho's back. "Okay then, but remember that I'll be alert, and I'm willing to solve problems with you."

They continued until meeting up with Sehun and Jongin, who were already sitting at their desired table.

---

The four friends proceeded immediately to their meals, with some brief hellos and hows, and especially a sensational stare from Suho to Jongin. Jongin did regard it and stared back, and both smiled at each other, though Suho's mainly worried at that time. Sehun and Chanyeol are busy observing the two, since both of them wanted to conceal their best friends' problems.

While they were eating, the atmosphere was unusually silent, or maybe it's mainly because Sehun and Jongin are peaceful and getting along pretty well. Sehun will still be playful with his best friend though. He's just cutting a little slack. While eating though, Suho stared seriously at Jongin, as if he wanted to say something.

"Jongin?"

"Yes, Suho-hyung?

"I was wondering somehow. I already met Yixing. You got close to him. He knows us too. Why don't we schedule a trip to a house party or something like that? We can know each other more personally with this. The more, the merrier. He might have a good pair of friends you know too."

Sehun and Chanyeol looked at Suho as if he said something out of this world. They are curious for sure on why Suho is suddenly thinking of a get-together when he knows that Yixing likes Jongin possibly too.

Jongin just stared, but smiled. "I guess I can accept that, hyung. We can schedule it if I can tell Yixing and his friends."

Suho replied, "I'll be glad for that."

Chanyeol was looking suspiciously at Suho, while Sehun's eyebrows furrowed, and whispered to Jongin.

"He might be showing a hint about his situation. How about you speak out and share something? I might find out your secret."

Sehun smirked, while Jongin shrugged it off.

----

Time went very fast for Yixing, Luhan and Chen, especially they know the special occasion today. The classes are more like fillers since it's weekends tomorrow anyway. They were silent throughout the class, but of course, they can't help but be desperate for the friendly date, most notably Yixing.

When the classes were dismissed, Yixing immediately started the conversation.

"Luhan, good luck on your friendly date, and be professional. You know I'd feel uneasy if I find out you'd been getting really all lovey-dovey towards Jongin."

Chen was just listening, then Luhan replied, "Of course, besides, remember that he promised to hang out with you personally next week on the dance room. I'm pretty sure that would be fun and you'll get a great opportunity. Take note that I'm helping you on this, Yixing. He'll like you for sure."

Yixing just nodded, while Chen grinned.

Luhan spoke again. "I'll be going to the school front already since Jongin might get ahead of me. Yixing, you can text me if you need anything, especially if you want help about Jongin. I'm expecting you later on, and Chen, you became silent for like hours already."

Luhan left. Yixing smiled upon his leave, but he's visibly worried. Yixing hopes that he can make the best of his dance practice with Jongin to make up for next week, and Luhan will help him get some personal information.

---

Just as Sehun and Jongin went out of the classroom, Jongin was ready to run towards the main hallway, when Sehun took a hold of his elbow.

"Where are you going?"

Jongin brightly said, "I'm attending a trip, remember? Don't worry about me. You can hang out in my house tomorrow if you want."

Sehun nodded and decided to let him go. He agrees about the hang-out, but he is having a weird feeling about what trip Jongin was talking about.

---

When Jongin arrived at the school front, he noticed that Luhan was already waiting. When they stared at each other, Jongin just gave a shy smile, but his bright expression and aura was still highly present, while Luhan approached him to touch his back, giving a soft smile.

Jongin brightly asked, "Are we ready?"

Luhan sweetly replied, "Yes, you were just in time."

Luhan can't help but feel comfortable towards Jongin. Jongin is attractive after all, and even though Luhan isn't fully attracted, he gets carried away a bit by the younger's charm too.

Before they made their way out of the school, Luhan suddenly spoke, triggering Jongin to stop and look at him too. "By the way, you look really nice when you're smiling."

Jongin blushed heavily and looked away after that. He felt the chills, but he feels that he should stop acting like this, but his hyung's gaze was so captivating. He's not like crazy in love for him though.

They decided to go to the train station for a short trip to the mall.

---

Update! This took a couple of hours, but I decided to update immediately since I don't want to let you guys down, especially that my last update was short, but here I go. I tried my very best in it! Thank you very much for commenting, subscribing, upvoting, praising, everything! Sorry for the lack of Kaixing and errors and stuff. Do not worry. It was mentioned that Yixing will have a private time with Jongin on the dance floor sometime, so Yixing won't suffer way too badly. I'll try to even it out with Kaiho. I don't want to let any of the pairings down of course! :) Please stay tuned for the story and upcoming events. ^___^ Please keep your eyes open for Luhan and Jongin's friendly date!  >_< Lol XD Thank you very much again! Btw, I'll try to make the posters for Chapter 8-10 tomorrow, since I'm a little behind in making them. It's 3 chapters already! Sorry for that. ^__^