Chapter 9 - Closer

Torn

--

As normal as it can be, the classes were pretty much smooth, but the difference is that there are a lot of homework to be done, especially for seniors Suho and Chanyeol. While pretty much the seniors are going to be busy for the day, the juniors Jongin and Sehun have assignments that were not that far in volume compared to their hyungs.

 

Since there are studies galore, the hyungs decided they won't meet up with Jongin and Sehun, and it's up to the dongsaengs if they want to hang out on the way home, despite their massive blabberings against each other. It's a 'best friend' hobby for them.

4:18 pm

Sehun and Jongin walked out of their classroom, with Jongin bright but bored and Sehun, sleepy. 

Thinking that they can go for a food treat as long as they get home before dinner since their homeworks are still at least tolerable, Sehun poked his best friend's arm.

"Now what, mean Oh Sehun?"

Sehun sighed, "Are you serious? I just poked your arm. Does that mean anything too bad for you? You're way too sensitive."

Jongin scoffed. "Same to you too. You change your mood a lot either."

Sehun just gave his serious best friend a blank stare, then replied, "You want to go and get some chicken and bubble tea?"

Jongin was surprised, his mouth slightly open. "I thought you were going to be meaner today."

Sehun raised his eyebrow. "Jongin, I'm not done talking. You'll buy bubble tea for me, and about the chicken-"

"Buy the chicken for me!"

Sehun frowned. "I told you I'm not playing nice today, but since I am your best friend, the chicken will bought by us two divided."

Jongin glared, then lightly punched him in the arm. "It still feels like I'm the only one treating you! How about my money, Sehun?"

Sehun then took a closer look at Jongin. "Do you want a treat or not? You weren't hanging out with me for a while, and you were having less quality time with your best friend."

Jongin was about to counter, but Sehun hissed.

"No buts. You want to remain as my best friend, you have to follow. There are still other days for your own enjoyment." Sehun gave a little smirk.

Jongin's eyebrows just furrowed in frustration. "Why do I even want to be your best friend? I can't help but follow your foolish ways."

Sehun's eyes lit with fire for a moment, as if warning Jongin not to ask that question again, but replied, "It's because I treat you differently."

Jongin sighed. "Yeah. Definitely in the most chaotic way."

Sehun just chuckled. "Okay. Okay. You don't have to be gloomy. You just had to make up for the hang-outs you missed!"

Jongin gave a questioning expression. "Really? Jealousy much? Lover style, seriously?"

Sehun gave a big frown, a sign though that he was having a good old time with his best friend. "Don't be close-minded. Best friends also have special things. Besides, a best friend can be jealous too you know."

Jongin raised his hands slightly. "Okay. I know your point. We should have a calm, less destructive side of this friendship too."

The two just stared at each other, and went on to head to the mall and dine in with their promised meals.

---

6:32 pm

The two were just very quick with their meals, and though they did talk to each other back at the mall, it was mostly about fun, teasing and stuff. When they were on the taxi on their way home though, Sehun tried to find out Jongin's personal schedule.

"So, are we going to have a dance session tomorrow?"

Jongin, not turning his head, replied, "Sorry, but no. Maybe next week though."

Sehun leaned closer to Jongin. "Why is that so?"

Jongin just looked down. "Because I have a trip to attend tomorrow."

Sehun frowned. "You're not that busy. Something's off. You're not revealing it."

Jongin just shrugged. "I told you already. I'll talk about it when time comes.

After a brief staring contest, Sehun decided to keep silent, but he feels like doubting his best friend. Most of the times, Jongin was very personal with his best friend when it comes to almost everything, but it was different this time. He feels it's about love life, but he didn't want to assume, because he knows that when it comes to love, Jongin doesn't know much, and doesn't pay much attention to it either.

 

True, but despite that, Jongin decided to keep his mouth shut for a while. He doesn't want Sehun to know he's hanging out with a new guy again, and trying to get to know the guy more personally too, since his best friend might take it too badly and even tell it to his hyungs, which probably he doesn't like to happen.

He likes to know more about Luhan because he feels good about him, but not to the point that Jongin actually 'likes' him.

After all, he's not used with the feeling of the love life yet. He only goes with the flow, and is on the experimenting stage.

 

He hopes that the plans he's going through won't make worse problems not only for himself, but to the others too.

He's starting to become a guy magnet though, and he's not realizing that.

Well, for the meantime though, him and Luhan are just going to hang out just like friends, and the difference only is that it's only two of them. The same thing will happen with Suho on the weekend.

 

 

Though the latter likes him very much already, it can't be the same for Luhan, who is supposed to help on making a Yixing-Jongin relationship work.

Despite all the fuzzy thoughts, the two best friends remained their silence, with brief glances occasionally, but the cycle continued until Sehun's home was reached. Sehun didn't try to say goodbye to his best friend, since he's already leaning back, having a good sleep.

The taxi driver will wake the tired Jongin soon enough. For Sehun though, he knows this is his energizer for the stack of homeworks later on. Sehun is not excited for this.  Obviously.

 

This was one of the times that Sehun would show a softer side for Jongin. He didn't express it in words though.

----

10:17 pm

Not suprisingly, despite the heavy school work, Suho was able to finish all of his homework earlier than expected. His mind towards school was always composed no matter how he thinks of other situations, even with his hesitation of his feelings towards Jongin. He focuses on studies first before friends and other stuff. He was still excited about Jongin's friendly date with him on Sunday, and that's what he was thinking about when he got to his bed.

 

Since homework wore him down, his eyelids drooped, and unconsciously, he fell asleep again.

Images are building.

It seems like he's dreaming again.

He might conceal his past admirer's identity soon enough.

----

Meanwhile at Luhan's home....

Luhan was about to end his day with him laid down on his bed, when his phone rang.

It was a text from Yixing.

10:32 pm

From: Yixing

Luhan, remember Jongin's number, okay? :) And please try not to be too flirty. I know I trust you in this. If you can get some more personal information then go, but be careful. Again, I trust you. 

 

Just as Luhan read all of the text, at a moment, his expression turned a bit serious, but since this is his friend who believes in him so much and who he helps, he let out a smile, hoping that things will go pretty well tomorrow, especially that's the day of his anticipated 'friendly' date.

He placed his cellphone on the desk beside his bed, and closed his eyes for a good night's slumber.

----

Hello guys! Update! Thank you for everything, commenting, subscribing, praising etc.! Sorry for the mistakes, errors and the slightly slow update. Sorry also if it's a little bit too short. I'll try my best to be able to make the next chapter longer, and I'm likely to post it tomorrow so that I can make it up for being inactive for a while. Thank you for the support, and don't worry. Next update will be faster, longer and more major! The scenarios on the next chapter will be more major to the story, so please stay tuned! Thanks! ^____^