Chapter 8 - Actions

Torn

---

"What did you just say, Jongin?" Luhan asked, still with widened eyes.

"I said, can you go out with me?" Jongin just simply said it.

Luhan then looked at Yixing, who looked flustered and overwhelmed.

"Jongin, why are you the one asking me?"

"Please don't take it too literally. We're not going out in 'that' way yet. I just wanted to get to know you more, and besides, it won't hurt to go to a mall or something, right?" He just smiled at Luhan.

Luhan then stopped for a moment, then nodded at Yixing, as if he said that he can handle this.

"Well, if you say so, I might want to do the same to know more about you too. You seem genuinely nice to be with." Luhan gave a grin, and stared at Jongin.

Jongin felt his cheeks a little bit reddish, but he shrugged it off, and spoke, "Okay, u-um, tomorrow afternoon, hyung, I guess. Yixing-hyung, I promise I'll hang out with you sometime. Maybe we can create our choreography soon." Jongin then looked at the shocked Yixing, but Yixing didn't want to be so obvious and gave a nod and a slight smile.

Jongin, then walked away, with Luhan and Yixing staring at the distance.

Yixing's eyes narrowed. "I understand Jongin, but why the heck did it feel like as if you're flirting him?"

Luhan then raised his eyebrow. "Yixing, I was just going with the flow, besides, the guy is too nice to get rejected, and also, I know he's yours. I was curious about him too."

Yixing then got a bit grumpy, "Well, you and Jongin were staring at each other a bit intimately when you guys first met."

Luhan chuckled, "Your jealousy is rising, Yixing. I can feel it. I got this, don't worry. You never know, I might be able to find out something about Jongin that you can use to make him like you. Just be patient. He might eventually go out with you soon."

Yixing went back to his normal expression, and looked away. "I trust you for this. I hope you don't get too carried away by your "date". I know your ways, Luhan."

Luhan smirked at Yixing, but Yixing shrugged. "Yeah, I know. Don't you know that I'm helping you by doing this?"

Yixing stared at Luhan for seconds, reading his friend's mind to make sure Luhan will able to pull Yixing closer to Jongin, but thinking about the times he always trusts Luhan at most situations, and also their bond with Chen, he believes his friend.

He believes that good outcomes will occur as long it's Luhan.

Yixing then broke the silence, while Luhan raised his eyebrow, "I know. We're going to be late. Let's talk about this later."

They walked together towards their classroom.

----

Inside 11-B Classroom,

Jongin just went to his seat since he couldn't find Sehun, who was supposed to wait for him, but Sehun's already beside him.

"You, where did you go again? I thought you were going to be early?" Sehun asked, looking at Jongin carefully.

"I only had to talk wit--"

Sehun pointed af finger at him, while glaring. "You told us that you'll be with us for today, Kim Jongin."

Jongin then replied, eyes widened. "Hey, I just had a small talk, that's all. Nothing too special.

Sehun stretched out, his face nearer to Jongin's, "I don't think so. You're unfair. I'll kill you." Sehun remained, and prentiously became furious.

Jongin felt uneasy in the way Sehun is looking at him, so he settled things instead. "Okay, okay, you can get back to your position now. I'm loyal to you and to our friends, I'm not betraying anyone."

Sehun then smiled, or actually smirked, while going back in his sitting position. "Well at least you are scared of me this time."

"Shut up, Sehun. I'm your best friend, that's why. You still wouldn't bother me that much.

"Oh yeah? I can tell by the look on your face that you were filled with dread."

Jongin then stared at Sehun, "It's a good thing that you got a patient, fun best friend with you, Oh Sehun."

Sehun then laughed, "I suppose so. Welcome to my kingdom, Kim Jongin."

The teacher came.

----

Lunch Break

 

Jongin and the company are together once again as they eat their respective lunches. Sehun would jokingly try to steal Jongin's ddeokbokki and chicken's, and Sehun's reflexes were able to steal a bit. Jongin would retaliate by drinking Sehun's bubble tea when he isn't looking. Suho, is eating silently, and sending some glances at Jongin, while Chanyeol, is just observing his best friend.

Jongin finished his meal first, and he caressed his tummy. "Suho-hyung, can you take me treat me to a restaurant, or at least a chicken?"

Sehun knocked on Jongin's head, "Kim Jongin! You're kidding me! Your gluttony is showing!"

Suho just smiled widely at how adorable Jongin was, and ruffled his dongsaeng's hair playfully, which made Jongin look with sparkling eyes.

Suho scored. Well, he counts ruffling Jongin's hair as a point.

Chanyeol chuckled at Jongin's actions too and spoke in a deep voice, "Maybe on a weekend, we can hang out. Suho and I have a lot of homework to do."

Jongin pouted, "Okay. Well, I guess we also have some studying to do too."

Sehun can only laugh. 

Sehun spoke this time, "You want me to join you dance sometime?"

Jongin then eyed at Sehun carefully, and raised his eyebrow, "What are you trying to say? I don't see that coming."

Sehun remained still, and replied, "I can dance, actually. I'm just a bit lazy, but I have some tricks up my sleeve, and also I want to be more observant of your actions."

Suho gave a confused look, while Chanyeol felt suspicious about Sehun.

Jongin nodded. "We are not the only ones dancing though."

Suho suddenly felt like something hit his mind. He remembered that Yixing was there too.

Suho gave a questioning look to Sehun, but Sehun just smiled it off.

Sehun continued, "It's okay. It doesn't matter." Sehun then gave a wink to Chanyeol, and was the indication that Sehun's also up to something. Sehun and Chanyeol are very observant all the times.

Jongin then stared with a serious expression, "Why did you get so nice, Oh Sehun?"

Sehun slowly said, "Please don't ask if you want me to stay nice. Or else."

Jongin, of course, was outrageous. "Sehun, why?"

Sehun's eyes narrowed and frowned, "Okay then. You sealed the deal. We'll see about that later on."

Everyone laughed.

Suho, the wise hyung, has planned to make a move, and he starts the mission.

"Jongin, can I talk to you for a minute?" Suho asked.

Sehun pushed Jongin away from his seat, and at least Jongin was able to hold his own. He spoke, "Okay, you can borrow him."

Jongin's eyebrows furrowed, "I was going to answer, but what in the world? You went ahead, and pushed me as if Suho and I are going to confess to each other."

 

Confess. That word struck Suho's mind, and it made him a bit desperate about what should he do, but he focuses on his self-made task first.

So, Jongin and Suho walked away, while Sehun and Chanyeol, slowly turned their heads to look at each other, knowing what will they do.

 

Reporting time.

When back then, Chanyeol was the only observer, trying to read his best friend's situations, the keen Sehun has already followed his footsteps immediately, and possibly even better. Even though they don't talk much, they both have the instincts and the same thoughts whenever it comes to Jongin, Suho and Yixing.

 

Chanyeol broke the silence, "So, are you going to check out how things are going on between Jongin and Yixing?"

Sehun just nodded and smiled, "Yeah. I want to see how Yixing is acting, and besides, I'm still the possessive best friend you know!"

 

They continued their conversation.

 

They missed something though.

 

It was Luhan, the one who is going to have a 'friendly' date with their buddy Jongin on the next day.

--

Suho and Jongin were alone at one silent hallway, and while the hyung is serious, Jongin just went with the flow, since he doesn't really read other's minds.

Jongin's hyung spoke, "Uh, I was wondering...."

The dongsaeng just nodded, signaling to continue.

"Can I ask you out? On Sunday?" Suho said, looking very nervous.

Jongin was in second thought, since he has one with Luhan tomorrow, but he remembered it's only a friendly date and not a lover's date itself. It's his hyung anyway.

 

 

He just hopes everything will be fine.

"With you? Okay! Sure!" Jongin said quickly, and held his hyung's hand to walk towards the cafeteria.

 

Of course, Suho blushed.

"So this is how it feels to hold hands, Yixing", he thought, looking back to the more touchy actions that Jongin and Yixing had recently.

"Jongin, slow down. I'll pick you up at the park at 3 pm."

Jongin continued walking fast, and also pulling Suho fast, "Okay, hyung."

--

Meanwhile, at Yixing's table..

 

"Seriously? He asked you out!?" Chen just slammed the table, with the rest taken aback by surprise.

Luhan pulled him down, "Chen, don't exaggerate. It's only a friendly date. I'm helping Yixing here." He smiled at Yixing. Yixing returned it and focused on eating.

Chen settled himself for once and for all, and stared intensely at Luhan, "You like him, don't you? I'm sorry to ask that, but from the way you act towards Jongin, I think it feels like that. I know you we're staring at him to judge him, but I think it's longer than I expected. Never mind, all in all, I think you like Kim Jongin."

As usual, Yixing's reaction was a bit violent, as he temporarily choked on his food.

Luhan looked sympathetically at Yixing to make sure it's okay for him to be very frank. He then decided to speak, "Okay, I like Jongin. I like him."

"As a friend."

Yixing breathed a sigh of relief.

"I like his personality, and appearance. He's attractive, but I'm not as attracted as Yixing. Yixing is very desperate in this point you know. He loves Jongin to bits."

Chen then nodded at the explanation, looking at Yixing in approval, and spoke, "Well, I guess it's clear."

Yixing decided to speak for the first time in this lunch break.

"Please ask his number."

Luhan's eyes widened, "What? You haven't gotten his number yet? He's close to you already!"

Yixing replied, a little bit shyly, "That's not it. It's just that these past days, I always forget to ask him."

Chen facepalmed.

Luhan laughed at his forgetful deeds, and nodded. "Count on me."

Yixing stood up and walked away to the bathroom, without telling his friends. It's okay though. Chen and Luhan would feel like being his mothers when he even has to ask permission like his friends are high-class authorities.

Chen then asked Luhan once again, "One more. Do you like Jongin? I mean really like."

Luhan rolled his eyes, and replied, "You're way too stubborn. I told you already. Of course I want to be close friends with him, but I don't love him 'that way'. He's for Yixing to love."

Chen frowned. "Suho too."

Luhan was in shock, "How did you know!?"

Chen facepalmed, yet again. "You're way too stubborn. You just spilled everything in class, remember?"

 

Luhan couldn't do anything but nod in agreement.

He's not sure what to feel towards Jongin, but he thinks Jongin's for Yixing.

 

For now.

---

Done! Thank you guys again! Sorry for mistakes and if this chapter was a bit slow-paced. I won't talk a lot this time, and I won't spoil anything because I have to. Lol ^__^ but please stay tuned! I highly appreciate your support! :) Always thank you! ^__^

I'll try to make the story more interesting. ^_^