Prologue

Guri

All Ji Eun wanted to do was go home.

It was 3 pm, she was drinking cheap bubble tea in the closest market to her home, and she was just completely... done. Another day of futile hopes, wasted time, and she still hadn't found a job. 

What am I doing? she wondered, aimlessly making her way back to her apartment building in the residential area of Guri, Gyeonggi-do. Not even her apartment, scratch that - it was still her family's apartment, the one she'd lived in her entire life. And I'm already a graduate student, she sighed.

Guri was beautiful, though, and the summer-time festooned itself around her. The cherry blossoms were in full view, petals drifting away and finding a home on her shirt. Peaceful, tranquil. She was just about to turn the corner and arrive at her building when...

"Oh my God!!"

"Out of my way, out of my way!!"

A crowd of people, some from her apartment building, some reporters and some crazed teenage girls swarmed in front of her, clamoring to get to the front. Ji Eun pushed her way through the crowd, struggling to just go home and watch TV and drown her troubles in buttered popcorn. She was just getting to the door when Bam! she hit someone square in the chest. She looked up, about the apologize, to see someone she hadn't seen in years. Nearly 6 years, to be exact.

Kim Minseok, aka EXO's Xiumin, was looking straight at her. 

Before both of them could say a word, a big hand grabbed his arm, and dragged him into the lobby, where more people were crowding around the area. They were all there for the popular Korean idol who had gone back home. She was stunned, her feet rotted in the entrance. She saw his family surround him like a barricade, fighting to bring him upstairs to his apartment. 

Which was situated right across from hers, coincidentally. 

She came back to her senses and made her way to the elevator, once she showed her ID card to the guards who were trying to prevent girls from following Minseok up. Around her, newspaper reporters were making the headlines: "Xiumin, or Kim Minseok, has fnally returned home for a two-week hiatus after a long tour with EXO!"

Two weeks, huh? she thought, finally closing the door behind her and sighing. This is gonna be awkward.