Chapter Five

멈춰 있던 나를 깨워줘 | Waking up would stop me

A young man stretched as he listened to the bells of his college campus echo through the dead quiet building, signaling the end of the day. Packing away his MacBook, textbooks, and other supplies, he cheered, "The end of the day! Finally..."

Double checking to see if he left anything, he pulled out his phone from his backpack and began walking out the classroom as he checked his messages; several from both his friends pestering him to hang out with them today, even tough they knew he knew they needed to study for exams coming up for them. He just sighed, "Typical~"

Before he could even think to respond to his friends, he saw a text from his father. He shrugged, "Family first. Hah, too bad for you two."

To: Sunggyu
From Abeoji1:
Sunggyu-yah2, I'm at the office now. When you're done with classes you should head home and clean up a bit. You should look nice for your new sister!

Sunggyu grinned to himself. His father finally went through with the decision. He'd rather see his father upset about something his new daughter did, something temporary, than to be this miserable pile of skin, meat, and bones.

To Dongwoo and Hoya:
From Sunggyu:
Don't count on me to drive you guys to the party. I'm not your damn babysitter! Find someone else, I have something better to do~

Humming to himself, Sunggyu slipped his cell phone back into his backpack, then grabbed his keys as he slowly approached his car.

 

 

"Hye Jin!" Woohyun growled as he tried to shake the sleeping girl awake. It's already so late in the day and she wasn't up at all, "Wake up!"

She turned to face him and smacked his hands away, groaning, without opening her eyes. Woohyun smirked and lowered face in front of hers, whispering, "If you don't I'll your face~"

Hye Jin shot away from Woohyun's warm breath and shook her head as she opened her eyes. "Good morning sunshine~ I have such great news for you! First, let's get you ready though. Shower then I'll tell you."

Hye Jin puffed out her cheeks as her lower lip poked out, and Woohyun just pinched her cheek, "Hurry, Miss Lee gets impatient fast!"

Woohyun just watched as the young girl nodded and scurried to the girls' bathroom to make herself pretty; of course, Woohyun would help make her even prettier.

Frowning, he sighed as he threw himself on her bed, "I know everyone has to leave... I just wish me and Hye Jin could be together forever..."

In his deep trance, he didn't even notice a small girl stumble her way into the room.

"Eonni is leaving, Woohyun oppa?" He could see his frown mirrored off of the small girl's own, "Is she going to a good family then?"

"Jeil3, Yoon Ae-yah~" Woohyun pet her hair carefully, trying his best to be comforting, but keeping enough distance as to not scare Yoon Ae, "I'm sure Hye Jin will be, okay."

"Yeah, oppa," She tugged his shirt sleeve to pull him closer so she could hug him, "But are you going to be okay, oppa?"

Suddenly thinking back to his happiest moments with Hye Jin, Woohyun grinned. He grinned so much he could already feel his cheeks ache in pain, "Yeah. Even without my special dongsaeng4, I still have you and the others~"

Hye Jin made him happy, when he didn't think he would be able to again, so this is the least he could do.

Woohyun gently pushed Yoon Ae away and got up from the bed as soon as he heard the girls' bathroom door open down the hallway, and stood outside the room to allow Hye Jin to change. He spoke up to allow her to hear him from the other side of the closed door, "Today you leave, Hye Jin. Someone's adopting you."

 

 

엔드 | Waking up would stop me

N1 - 아버지 (a-beo-ji) is a polite term to refer to one's father.

N2 - 성규 (-ya/-yah) follows a name and shows the level of affection and usually people close to one another use this term.

N3 - 제일 (je-il) means "the best".

N4 - 동생 (dong-saeng) is a term an older person would use to a younger person. Used either between family or friends.