Sudden Encounters

I Won't Marry You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sudden Encounters

(2 months earlier - In Baekhyun’s POV)

 4 months.

 

It has been 4 months since she left.

 

I wonder how she’s doing. Is she doing good? Is she okay? Is Hyunwoo doing a good job at taking care of her? Full of questions. All unanswered. I wonder… If I didn’t mess up that day, perhaps, we’ll be married already. Happily married, happy as we bask ourselves in each others’ warmth. But too bad. It seems to me, it can only happen in my very own dreams. I felt bad, and I still felt like crap for everything I’ve done to her in the past. Not only her. But to Suzy as well whom I’ve forced myself into.

 

I was back at my kingdom, Amaranthine. For some weird reasons, my parents didn’t even scold me nor ground me of some sort for NOT trying enough to like Soojin. But I’m guessing she said something to them to make them like this. Even until the end, she tried her best to protect me while I on the other hand didn’t do anything but hurt her in the process.

 

The door of my bedroom opened making me sit up, “Oh. Sehyun. What do you need?” I asked as I plopped down on the bed once again, going back to my depressed state. My sister sat down on my bed, sighing. “Oppa. What has gotten into you? Shouldn’t you be doing something?” She asked making me chortle bitterly. “Something? What should I do? Tell me?” I asked bitterly. “I think, you should get your off of that bed, nag our parents about Soojin unnie’s whereabouts and if they don’t budge, might as well put this matter into your hands, ask Uncle Chadae personally.” She said in a ‘as-a-matter-of-fact’ tone.

 

“WHAT?!” I shrieked, sitting up once again. “B-But… How could I possibly do that?” I said, obviously nervous. “Oppa. You know what they say, if you truly want something, you’ll ALWAYS find ways to get it. But if you don’t want that something, you’ll ALWAYS find excuses as to not get it. So what is Soojin unnie to you? Is she truly important? Or is she just a person who came in to your life and left too soon?” She asked. “She isn’t just a person…. She was a light to me…. While I basked myself in such dark places because of Suzy’s death… She showed me the way out of that darkness but then again… I threw myself inside that darkness again..” I said.

 

“Really oppa. You need to move. Now.” She said.

 

-

 

(Present time)

“That’s it. I’m coming with you back to Callisteia. I’ve had enough of our parents and Uncle Chadae zipping their own mouths over Soojin unnie’s whereabouts.” My sister, Sehyun, retorted. “How could you possibly Uncle Chadae’s mouth when I can’t even do it?” I asked as I grabbed my luggage to put it inside the car’s trunk. “Girls have their own charms. Besides, I have my own ways oppa.” Sehyun said, grinning.

 

-

 

We both went inside and I saw Saemi cleaning one of the vases, “Saemi. Is Uncle Chadae around?” I asked making her turn around. “I’m afraid he isn’t around, Your Highness. He left last week for London, but I heard from the butler he’s coming back tonight. Do you want me to prepare your bedrooms?” She asked politely. “Yeah, sure. Thanks Saemi.” I said. As soon as Saemi went away, my mind processed everything she said.

 

“He left last week for London.”

“London.”

 

“London?!” I shrieked making my sister flinch. “What is it now oppa?!” She hissed. “Uncle Chadae… He left for London last week. Could it be?” I said, “It’s simple. It could be that he visited Soojin unnie there, but we both know how Uncle Chadae frequently flies around the country to visit some colleagues of his. It’s a 50/50 chance oppa, but if you’re willing to bet on that chance, you might as well book a flight to London now.” My sister inquired. “If I get to Soojin… I’ll bet on that 50/50 chance. Opportunity knocks once Sehyun, I’m not letting this opportunity be put to waste.” I said.

 

-

 

“Please wait here Sir. He’ll be here in any moment now.” My friend’s assistant said to me as he led me inside the office. I sat down on one of the sofas and waited patiently. If there’s anyone out here that knows London perfectly, it’ll be him.

 

After 15 minutes, the door opened showing him. “Hey man! It’s been a long time!” I exclaimed, walking towards him to give him a tight hug. “Yah, I’m your hyung! You’re using banmal on me you kid!” He said, grinning as he jokingly did a headlock on me. “Arasseo, I know how much you treasure formalities anyway, hyung.” I said, emphasizing the word hyung. “So, what brings you here Baekhyun?” He asked as he sat on the sofa, facing me. “Well… I came here to… Ask a favor from you Han hyung.” I said, scratching my head. It’s now or never.

 

“What favor?” He asked. “Help me find a girl.” I said

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter