When Tears Fall

I Won't Marry You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

When Tears Fall

“H-Hey..” She croaked out. Soojin chuckled, “What’s with the voice? You seem nervous!” She inquired and Suzy only shrugged. “You know how I am with parties and all that stuff.” Soojin only laughed back. Suzy sat down on the bed and called Soojin over.

 

“Hey, I got this for you. It’s a music box. I know how much you love collecting them after all. Go ahead, play it.” Suzy said. Soojin turned the small knob of the music box and her eyes sparkled with excitement. “Y-You… You bought it… For me?” Soojin asked with wide eyes.

 

Suzy nodded as she mirrored Soojin’s smile. “Well, we actually both have it. Mine’s the red one and yours is the green one. Wear it tonight? For me? It suits your gown after all.” Suzy said. Soojin couldn’t help but notice the sad tone in her friend’s voice, she decided to shrug it off thinking it was because of the party.

 

-

 

I opened my eyes and sat up, breathing heavily. I closed my eyes and shook my head, placing my right hand on my forehead for support when I noticed it was wet. Wait. I was sweating? I plopped back down on the bed, sighing. It’s been ages since I’ve last dreamt about that.

 

I felt bad.

 

I felt like crap.

 

Suzy wasn’t nervous because of the party, or because of the fact she was about to mingle with other people whom she never knew. She was nervous about acting well, acting better, when the truth was. Everything wasn’t better. Everything wasn’t well. How could that even happen? How could everything be fine when you know you’re suffering from Cancer, the sickness which has no cure. I felt tears trickle down my cheeks. All along, I’ve blamed her for leaving me alone, for abandoning me without a word. But the truth was, all along, she left without saying goodbye in order to protect me because she knew how I would feel about losing someone I loved yet again.

 

I sat up once again and looked at the end of my bed to check if the letter was still there, to my surprise, it was gone. Speaking of gone, why is it so quiet around here? Did Baekhyun leave again? I don’t know why I’ve thought about the word ‘again’, shouldn’t I have moved on from him already? Isn’t he buried in the past already?

 

I went outside and my body stiffened when I saw him. Sleeping. Sleeping on the sofa with a frown on his face, I looked at the table and saw the letter placed carefully in it. I walked quietly towards it and took it, I decided to keep it, as it is the first and last letter I’ve received from my friend, a friend whom I’ve accused of betraying my friendship of. My heart tightened at the thought and I immediately regretted thinking about it. I suddenly heard Baekhyun groan as he shifted uncomfortably in the sofa.

 

I sighed. I couldn’t possibly carry him to my bed, the only thing I could do was to give him a little bit of comfort. I went inside my room and grabbed my pillow and blanket, I went outside once again and carefully placed the pillow on the table. I carefully lifted his head and placed the pillow underneath, he nuzzled his face towards it and I sighed, I don’t want him to wake up yet. I can’t face him right now. Not after that confrontation last night. I draped the blanket over him and decided to stay beside him for quite some time.

 

I brushed his bangs off of his face and smoothed his hair. “I don’t know what I should do with you. You confuse me a lot, Leo.” I muttered softly. I stood up and went to the kitchen to prepare some hot chocolates, after drinking my cup of hot choco, I decided to place a small plate over the top of his cup after placing it on the table.

 

I went inside my bedroom, sighing. I don’t want to talk to him right now, I can’t. I need to freshen my senses, my mind. Hyunwoo oppa couldn’t possibly be the person to talk to right now, so who? All of a sudden, my phone rang making me flinch. I grabbed it immediately and pressed the Answer button, waking him up is definitely a bad idea. “Yes?” I asked. “Soojin! It’s Jieun! Want to meet up?” She asked. “S-Sure unnie. I wanted to talk to someone anyway, Starbucks?” I asked. “Sure! Meet you there around 8!” She chirped before ending the call. It’s weird for Jieun unnie to ask me to meet up with her out of the blue, but I don’t mind. I needed someone to talk to anyway.

 

I went to my closet and grabb

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter