Exception

Executive Order

Life has never been magical for both Sulli and Baekhyun.

She was angry at him at because of the pain that he had inflicted her over the years. But in one magical day, all her anger was washed away by his kisses, healing all the wounds, and completely removing all the scars in her heart. As much as she wanted him to suffer, she loved him so much that to wish him suffer would be her very death.

His heart was filled with darkness and shame. But Choi Jinri came into his life and brightened up everything. She was his hope, his everything. But he didn’t know he loved her until she loved somebody else. And sorrow only went deeper into his soul. He wanted his feelings to be known of, but the sorrow turned his feelings into hatred.

But she healed him, everything all at once. When she kissed him back that magical night, he knew that he could live in this dark world. Choi Jinri made him feel special, loved, and cared for. He vowed never to inflict her pain any more. He promised that he will love her the way he should have. He will love her the way she deserved to be loved.

They didn’t declare their relationship to everyone. But everyone knew they are in love when they saw the way they steal glances at each other, the way he looked at her, the way she shyly looked away while blushing madly. And by the end of the day, everyone saw how tightly he held her hand as they descended through the elevator until she got in his car, and disappeared from their colleague’s peering eyes.

As soon as they got inside Baekhyun’s apartment, Sulli only wanted to rest, and headed to his bed. However, Baekhyun had his own ideas. He climbed the bed and pinned her while he got the chance. He started kissing her lips, then her jaw, down to her neck, up to her ears. Sulli laughed loudly as his lips tickled her skin.

“I thought you’d let me rest.” Sulli said at the same time Baekhyun’s hand is under her shirt, caressing her smooth skin beneath.

For two days after that Friday night, he wanted to see her, but she forbade him. Sulli refused to kiss him in front of her colleagues when they go to the office that morning. She had enough to want her that Monday after work. “I want you, Jinri.” He whispered before taking in her scent.

He buried his head on the crook of her neck, kissing the soft skin occasionally. them once, sealing his ownership. Sulli let out a moan unintentionally. She felt his lips smile against her skin, each moan she let out is a victory to him.

“Baekhyun...” Sulli spoke his name in her mind for a million times. She spoke them out for a thousand times now, but it was the first time she actually said it with longing. Baekhyun responded by kissing her shoulder. “Byun Baekhyun…”

“Choi Jinri.” Sulli liked the way Baekhyun spoke her name. He never called her Sulli. It was always Jinri. It has always been Choi Jinri. She felt his hand slide from her arm down to her hands. Their hands spontaneously knotted together.

“I like your voice. Did you have any idea of what you could do to me?” Sulli said, cupping his face and stared at his orbs. “No matter how painful your words are, at the end of the day, they kept on repeating, because your voice alone is already music to my ears. That is why I got hurt more than I already am. I wanted to hear your voice, and I would take the risk of hurting my heart just to hear them.”

“I didn’t know… I am sorry.” Baekhyun looked down, suddenly feeling more guilt for the past, as if he had not been guilty enough.

“It doesn’t matter now. It was all in the past.” Sulli said before pulling him down for another set of warm and passionate kisses.

 

Just before they went home, Luna took Sulli to look for casual shoes that she could use with her newly-brought dresses. Krystal left with her driver to bring their shopping bags to the car. Sulli thought of giving up because nothing could ever catch her eye when Luna showed her a pair of crème flats that will look good with the floral dress that they both picked together.

“Where did you find these, Luna? They’re perfect!” Sulli exclaimed. Luna plainly smiled, she didn’t know if it was out of pride or if she isn’t thinking clearly, but she didn’t answer anything and just smiled. Sulli rather thought that Luna is just tired after the shopping spree that Krystal started.

 They were in front of the cashier when Luna handed her credit card instead. “What are you doing? I will pay for these. It is better than to get indebted to you.” Sulli insisted and Luna backed off, laughing softly.

“How much do you hate Byun Baekhyun?” Luna asked as they wait for the transaction. Sulli was not surprised—even though Luna is Chanyeol’s cousin and that Baekhyun treated Luna as a sister. Sulli trusted Luna for a long time, of course she would know about her resentments.

“If you’re telling me to stop hating—”

Luna is smiling as she shook her head. Sulli suddenly got chills as Luna is never the type who gives up on a fight with words. “I asked because I hate him, too.”

“Are you kidding me? You hated me when I decided to hate him. You are like his sister from a different family.” Sulli said, almost laughing but figured that her friend isn’t joking.

“I will tell you the reason why Chanyeol oppa has to study abroad if you’ll just listen to me.” Luna said, and it was enough to get Sulli’s full awareness. When her newly bought shoes were in her hands, they left the boutique and she confronted her friend.

“You’re telling me just now?” Sulli asked. No one told her the reason why. Not Chanyeol, not even Luna, for Merlin’s beard. Luna is a good friend of hers. But she decided to keep quiet after a long time.

“It’s a family thing; you know I can’t tell you because you were in rage at that time. I hope you will understand.” Luna said. Sulli stayed quiet and waited for her to talk. “I thought about this thoroughly. You know me.”

“Don’t tell me the reason why. Just get to the point.” Sulli said.

“I wanted the company to break down so that our family can have a name of our own.” Luna said. Sulli thought it was hilarious because they already have their own name, but Luna continued, “Chanyeol oppa will come back soon, and the Byuns must fall.”

“I don’t want the Byuns to fall. I only want one person of their family to suffer.”

“Chanyeol oppa would be happy to know that you are part of this.”

“He knows what you’re thinking?” Sulli asked her.

“No. But he hates Baekhyun, too.”

“That is rubbish, Luna. They are best friends.”

“All you have to do is to make Byun Baekhyun fall in love with you. And then when Chanyeol oppa comes back, they will start to hate each other. And then, thousands of lawsuits will take place. The company will fall down, and the Parks will be successful.”

“Baekhyun will never love me.”

“He will.” Suddenly a wild Jung Krystal appeared.

“You’re part of this, too?” Sulli asked Krystal.

“About making Byun Baekhyun fall for you? Yes.” Sulli trusts her best friend and if she’s in it, then she would be part of it, too.

 

She got out of her trance at the sound of Baekhyun’s voice. “Go with me to the airport tomorrow.” Baekhyun suddenly said while carefully Sulli’s hair. He pushed the strands covering her face and tucked them behind her ear. He stared at her eyes—the most beautiful eyes he’s ever seen.

“Is someone coming back?” She asked, looking back at him, and suddenly found herself staring at him as well. She smiled as she blushed. She slowly moved up to gaze at him properly. His eyes trailed down to her exposed skin, making her feel shy and a lot guiltier as she recalled about Luna’s plan and her role in it.

“Yes. Father said it is an important person for the company. I will have to fetch him.” Baekhyun said while his hand reached for hers. He brought it to his lips, inhaling her scent as he placed a kiss at the back of her hand. Then slowly, trailed along her arm, up to her shoulders, then to her neck where he on her soft skin.

“Okay, then.” Sulli said, pushing him lightly and getting off the bed before she could get guiltier.

She went to the bathroom and stared at herself in the mirror. She can’t lie to him anymore. She thought she could handle it, but she is falling deeper for him. She felt that Chanyeol is coming back soon, and she can’t pretend that nothing ever happened between her and Baekhyun. Ultimately, she couldn’t bear the thought of destroying him any longer.

 Baekhyun watched her figure disappear behind the stained-glass door of his bathroom. She was finally his, and nothing could ever tear them apart. However, he felt that Chanyeol is coming back soon. He didn’t know what he should do once his best friend comes back. But it has been one year; nobody has ever contacted him except of the Parks. A more threatening question lingered in his mind, what will she do once Park Chanyeol comes back?

It was one afternoon after school when his best friend put asked for a favour.

“Baekhyun-ah, I know you’re competitive and all and it would hurt your pride, but can you give me Choi Sulli’s number?” Chanyeol is his best friend, he couldn’t say no to him. Even if he hated her, he would get her number, only for him. However, part of him is angry, mad even, that Chanyeol asked for Sulli’s number. Being his best friend, he knew too well, that whatever Chanyeol wanted, he gets. Part of him doesn’t want to give her number.

“Of course.” But he promised, because he is Chanyeol’s best friend.

 

Sulli and Baekhyun arrived at the airport fifteen minutes earlier before their guest arrives. Sulli volunteered to get coffee for the both of them while waiting since both of them had just woken up. When she arrived at the coffee shop, a vague memory weighed on her chest.

The day of Chanyeol’s departure, she had to be there because everyone else knows that they are still together. But he had broken up with her a week ago. Sulli couldn’t exactly pinpoint where the hurt is coming from. Both of them knew that they don’t really love each other. However, it breaks her heart to kiss him one last time before he goes to America to study.

She doesn’t want to go home, yet. She stays at a coffee shop at the airport with her friend Luna, Chanyeol’s cousin who was also present at his departure. She cried over a hot cup of coffee.

“He said he loves me, Luna.” Sulli cried hard. Chanyeol had told her millions of romantic words, but she never said a single thing reciprocating his feelings. “I never told him I love him back.” Realizing her mistake, she cried her eyes out in Luna’s short arms.

At that time Sulli thought that she didn’t love him enough. She regretted it.

She decided that she would not lie to Baekhyun anymore. She will tell him everything that he needs to know, her feelings, her plan with Luna, and the truth of her relationship with Chanyeol. From afar, she found him waiting for the person among the crowd. The passengers are already coming when she had reached the place, and she was glad that Baekhyun had found the guest.

She saw Baekhyun wave his hand, and hug a man taller than him. From afar, she could tell that he was happy. Baekhyun was hugging him tightly. She wanted to know this important person that gave him so much happiness. To her, Baekhyun’s happiness is also her happiness. She was happy, too, until she met eyes with him.

“Why didn’t you tell me you’re coming?” Baekhyun asked. He was more than happy to see his best friend back. It has been a year with no means of communication. Of course he’d missed him so much. Baekhyun was still waiting for his answer; however, Park Chanyeol seemed to be stunned in his place. Baekhyun let go of the hug to study him. He traced Chanyeol’s line of sight, he turned around, and found Sulli frozen in her place as well. And before he knew it, Choi Jinri slipped away from his grasp once again.

Chanyeol moved forward, completely ignoring his best friend, and walked towards her. He had missed her so much. Every night of every day of every week of every month, he thought of her. There was no time he didn’t regret breaking up with her.

Sulli felt his strong arms around her, enveloping her in an embrace as if nothing happened between them. And everything came back, all at once. Chanyeol loved her so much, everyone is jealous of her, but she never loved him the same way. When he was gone, she completely missed everything she should have, everything she could have. She had missed him, she could not deny it. She shed tears when he left, and it felt like hell to her every time she recalled the words he said before. Suddenly forgetting what happened in the past, she cried on his chest as she hugged him, arms around him just as tightly.

She didn’t want to let go of the embrace, but they did, only to feel each other’s lips. She missed Chanyeol’s lips for two years. She had regretted not kissing him back before. She kissed him back with the same intensity. She gave him all the kisses that she had spared in the past years as she waited for his coming back, all the warmth and passion he deserved. Chanyeol only stopped kissing her when he realized that it has been so long. They laughed together right after. He thought that she only got prettier, and surprisingly knows how to kiss him back.

Baekhyun watched with a pained heart as he remembered the fact that it was his best friend’s girlfriend he’s making out with for the past days. He watched them share their kisses in agony, frustration, madness, and in jealousy. He wanted to break them apart, but he can’t. Their happiness should also be his happiness.

 “Choi Sulli, I want you to be mine.” Chanyeol cupped her face, intently looking at her in the eyes.

“I was always yours, Chanyeol.” Sulli said, tears breaking out of her eyes.

Chanyeol hugged her. “I love you, Sulli.” She heard Chanyeol said as they hugged. Her eyes, looking around the place, ever so grateful for Chanyeol’s coming back, however, the world stopped when she found Baekhyun staring at her. There were tears in his eyes.

Sulli was supposed to say I love you, too, but her eyes locked gazes with Byun Baekhyun. For the past days, she had never told him that she loved him. “I love you.” She wanted to tell him, but only Chanyeol heard it.

 


Author's Note: As promised, here is the next update! This story will end soon, and I'm glad that you've read this far ; ~ ; lemme kiss you!